I am still waiting on the latest OS update to be pushed to my device from Sprint. I made the mistake of deleting the Social Feeds app and would like to have it back. Once the new update is received, will the deleted Social Feeds app reappear on my device, or is it gone for good?

Currently, I am without a laptop until sometime near Christmas and am unable to download the BB desktop manager (or whatever it is called), and I am unable to do it at work. I'm also not very tech savvy. I attempted loading a few deleted apps from the software onto my 9930 from a friends Mac, but it continuously gave me an error stating that the device was registered to another computer. That is the first time that my device has been hooked up to a computer.

It would be nice if I were able to install the app OTA or from App World. If anyone has ideas that would be helpful, I would gladly appreciate it!
    11-16-11 01:25 PM
    I would assume that it probably would re-install it on your device. I've never done an OTA update, so I can't say it would for sure, but I would imagine that it would re-install it. I don't know of any way to get it OTA.

The best thing I could suggest would be to find some way to get to a computer so you can download the entire OS itself, and you can dictate what extra apps get installed, and which ones don't. That's what I'd do, but the OTA should work as well, I would think.
    11-16-11 01:46 PM
    Thank you!

Is there a way to download the latest 9930 OS, OTA? I am currently running on 1296. Thanks!
    11-16-11 01:59 PM
    You'd have to navigate to Options > Device > Software updates.

It will check to see if your carrier has pushed an updated OS (assuming Sprint supports OTA OS updates?).

You will not be able to re-load the current OS, it only works for new ones.
    11-16-11 03:17 PM
    Thank you. Sprint does support OTA updates.. however I haven't seen one yet. I check dialy. Verizon and every other carrier seem to have updates on a regular basis, however Sprint does not.
    11-16-11 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD