I still havent put a simcard in the bold 9900....Im still on my 4S....still a couple unanswered questions about the device before I transfer my number from the micro sim in my 4s into the 9900 sim...

1. Will mobile hotspot functionality work property on Fido with an unlocked 9900 and IS 7.1?
    2. Will data transfer rates to devices linked to my mobile hotspot be as fast as when they are connected to my iphone 4s? I connect my laptop(s) and tablets to my iphone currently.

Thanks
    02-14-12 03:32 PM
    I still havent put a simcard in the bold 9900....Im still on my 4S....still a couple unanswered questions about the device before I transfer my number from the micro sim in my 4s into the 9900 sim...

1. Will mobile hotspot functionality work property on Fido with an unlocked 9900 and IS 7.1?
    2. Will data transfer rates to devices linked to my mobile hotspot be as fast as when they are connected to my iphone 4s? I connect my laptop(s) and tablets to my iphone currently.

Thanks
    They should be just as fast. Both the 4S and 9900 run off a 14.4 HSPA+ network. As long as your plan includes tethering (seeing as you are using your iPhone currently I assume you are) it will work just fine.
    02-14-12 03:57 PM
    what was said above..

hot spot should be functional as long as ur plan has tethering/sharing of data.

im on rogers and there was no issue what so ever with hot spot, love it
    02-14-12 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD