So by compatible you mean that you've seen a Bell device display the letter "H" on the Rogers' network?

The logo being displayed by each carrier is purely branding/marketing. It doesn't matter if you see H+, 4G or 3.5G, it all depends on what cell network your carrier is running. In this case Bell and Rogers run an equivalent HSPA+ network on the same frequencies. This means you run a H+ device on the other carrier and will work without an issue.

To specifically answer your question, YES, you will see H+ on a Rogers phone on Bell's network since they both brand HSPA+ as "H+".
    11-14-11 08:25 AM
    So by compatible you mean that you've seen a Bell device display the letter "H" on the Rogers' network?
    That is correct. Plus a Telus 9900 on Rogers with "H"
    11-14-11 08:57 AM
    Thanks for the help everyone. Are there any drawbacks to running a Bell device on the Rogers network?
    11-14-11 11:28 AM
    Thanks for the help everyone. Are there any drawbacks to running a Bell device on the Rogers network?
    If you have any issues with the phone you might have a hard time getting the original carrier to service it.
    11-14-11 11:44 AM
    That was one of my concens too. I better call Bell and find out their policy. I was under the impression they usually accept the new owner but I don't kow about Bell.
    Last edited by mhw100; 11-14-11 at 01:29 PM.
    11-14-11 01:10 PM
    Any warranty repair will have to go through a bell corporate store. Not a big draw back.
    11-14-11 01:33 PM
    Any warranty repair will have to go through a bell corporate store. Not a big draw back.
    So they don't care about not having the origial receipt?
    11-14-11 02:15 PM
    No because the warranty is attached to the IMEI of the device.
    11-14-11 07:25 PM
    No because the warranty is attached to the IMEI of the device.
    I called a Bell coporate store and they said if it is unlocked the warranty is void.
    11-14-11 10:06 PM
    They have provided you with false information as they along with Telus and Rogers sell unlock codes for their devices. They gouge their clients with a $50 unlock plus you must qualify for it.. Plus they will not know it is unlocked.
    11-14-11 10:19 PM
    Why would they provide disinformation on that? I called back and spoke to a manager, not to a rookie and asked if I could get my phone unlocked by Bell so that I could sign up for a 3 year plan with them he said they don't unlock phones. I then called Wireless etc and they said it voids the warranty on Bell devices they sell.
    11-14-11 10:50 PM
    Not true unfortunately. Wireless etc is a authorized dealer and does not know their policies. Bell offers unlocking for all their devices except for the iPhone for $75. This is aligned with Telus, Virgin, and Rogers as well. The stores don't unlock their devices. Carriers only unlock if you are a current customer.
    11-15-11 10:54 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD