I ordered my Bold 9930 from Verizon Wireless about 1 AM on Monday. I always like to have a spare battery, so I popped onto eBay and found "NEW OEM ORIGINAL BLACKBERRY JM1 BATTERY 4 BOLD 9930" I ordered it right away.

The picture shows the green color stripe on the battery.

Well, today I opened it and put it in my 9930 to charge it up. I noticed that it's stripe is Blue and there is a little lock symbol next to JM1. On the other side it shows Made in Korea, processed in China.

The battery that came with my phone is Made in Japan and processed in Mexico. It also says Engineering Sample.

Should I ask for a refund or replacement, or does it really matter and the battery will be fine?
    08-20-11 04:02 PM
    They sold you something that shouldn't have been for sale. Engineering samples are samples, they may be exactly like production - or not.
    Can't give you any advice on it, but I would be unhappy with that.
    David
    08-20-11 04:56 PM
    I have 5 of those Made in Korea, processed in China batteries however it doesn't have engineering sample stamp on it. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Those are probably supplied by Samsung or LG (two main secondary battery manufacturers in Korea) then assembled in China for cost reasons. My galaxy battery is same as well.
    08-20-11 11:37 PM
    They are from LG. It seemed to charge right up and work for a bit before I removed it. I think I will ask for the correct one just to be safe.

Thanks for the input.
    08-21-11 02:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD