Hi... I miss my bold so much...

will any carriers offer BIS in the US currently?

thank you
    02-22-19 08:30 PM
    will any carriers offer BIS in the US currently?
    And you don't have to if you spend a little time in the forum. I have a freedompop SIM which has NO BIS, and with a little bit of work I'm doing all my blackberry goodness from anywhere.
    cjalxndr likes this.
    02-23-19 12:01 AM
    p.s. The answer is YES. Most offer BIS for the same price as the regular data plan.
    cjalxndr and lukeoverhere like this.
    02-23-19 12:02 AM
    p.s. The answer is YES. Most offer BIS for the same price as the regular data plan.
    Hi.... it’s a lot to read on here lol. Do you know who currently will be able to provide BIS for a blackberry 9900? (That is my fave 💙) I miss my blackberry iPhone combo

Also I like to keep things simple - I just want to make sure i can get the service because I don’t think TMobile has it anymore but I can do AT&T also.

Thank you
    02-23-19 12:41 AM
    Hi.... it’s a lot to read on here lol. Do you know who currently will be able to provide BIS for a blackberry 9900? (That is my fave ) I miss my blackberry iPhone combo

Also I like to keep things simple - I just want to make sure i can get the service because I don’t think TMobile has it anymore but I can do AT&T also.

Thank you
    Most carriers in the USA still have BIS including T-mobile. i myself activated BIS YESTERDAY (Feb 2019) and it worked just fine.
    02-23-19 07:28 AM
    How did you do that with T-Mobile they didn’t let me do it
    02-23-19 09:33 AM
    AT&T still has BIS, but only on post-paid plans. They will not do it on pre-paid plans. I think that's what T-Mobile does too.

One bit of warning though... BlackBerry is shutting down BIS worldwide on Jan 1, 2020. So, you've got about 10 months left.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-23-19 11:00 AM
    How did you do that with T-Mobile they didn’t let me do it
    I don't know what to tell you. I had a SIM with data (unlimited everything). Simply put it into my Blackberry 9720 and it right away registered and automatically pulled down the service books. and I even went to the settings and asked for my hotmail email to be setup and I've been using it now for 2 days.

do you mean you ASKED someone at the t-mobile store and they told you it wouldn't work?
    02-24-19 12:03 AM