Depending on what you are trying to do, it is possible.

POI = Point of Interest?
    Yep!
    anyway what are typology of POI that I can through bold9900?
    08-20-11 07:48 AM
    Yep!
    anyway what are typology of POI that I can through bold9900?
    I am not sure what your options are in Italy.

By Going to the Icon 'Browse Worlds' you will be able to get a feel for how your Berry interacts with Wikitude. You can tag a POI with ARTags, you can review and check into a restaurant with Yelp (Think 2.0 was released for Blackberry recently). I don't think you can interact with YouTube, unless you geo tagged a video and uploaded it. The experience is user defined with input from the app itself (other users), how you use it will help others use it, and vice versa.Mostly collecting BBM contacts and exploring the city.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-20-11 at 12:24 PM.
    08-20-11 07:58 AM
    I am not sure what your options are in Italy.
    I hope all!!!
    Italy is just a super-corrupt nation!!!!
    08-20-11 08:10 AM
    Great, now instead of us BB owner walking around, looking down, typing away; we'll be walking around holding our BB's up looking at the screen. Neat app idea, but who needs AR, when RR is just a glance away?! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    funnykindel likes this.
    08-20-11 08:28 AM
    I was in Reno on vacation and got my 9930 shipped there. First day I had the phone I went to Lake Tahoe and used Wikitude. Had great fun using it. I was standing next to the lake waving my BB around to calibrate and a guy came over and asked if I had a New BB as he thought I was trying to calibrate compass. We laughed about it and compared notes on Wikitude. I really like the app and cant wait to figure it all out. Does anyone know if there is a users manual? I have been looking online but dont see anything useful. Wikitude.com takes you to facebook but I see no useful info. Thanks
    funnykindel likes this.
    08-20-11 11:42 AM
    Perhaps a dumb question, but I have the Rogers 9900. Exactly where is Wikitude located/ how do you access it on the phone?
    08-20-11 12:51 PM
    So I have Wikitude installed on my 9900, and my wife's 9810. When we fire it up and click on BBM chat......we can both see 50 random people from up to 30 km away.....but we can't see each other. I've gone into the options and both phones and confirmed that both are set to be seen by contacts, and BBM service status is connected.

Anyone been able to get this to work with anyone they actually know?
    08-20-11 10:56 PM
    So I have Wikitude installed on my 9900, and my wife's 9810. When we fire it up and click on BBM chat......we can both see 50 random people from up to 30 km away.....but we can't see each other. I've gone into the options and both phones and confirmed that both are set to be seen by contacts, and BBM service status is connected.

Have you checked the list view as well. A few people I knew and couldn't find, was either they were not connected via BBM, insufficient permissions (Options>>Device>>Aplication Mngt: scroll to Wikitude and hit the (BB) button and select Edit Permissions. If the person you know is still not showing up, then I am not sure what the problem could be. Are you both running the same version of Wiki?

08-20-11 11:01 PM
    08-21-11 12:37 AM
    Great, now instead of us BB owner walking around, looking down, typing away; we'll be walking around holding our BB's up looking at the screen. Neat app idea, but who needs AR, when RR is just a glance away?! :-)

....thats a recipe for disaster bro.
    08-21-11 12:37 AM

lol !!! i have not installed it yet but i hope mine wont perform this stunt like yours did? how can it be seeing strangers that are miles away but it can't see close friends ...
    08-21-11 12:41 AM
    Have you checked the list view as well. A few people I knew and couldn't find, was either they were not connected via BBM, insufficient permissions (Options>>Device>>Aplication Mngt: scroll to Wikitude and hit the (BB) button and select Edit Permissions. If the person you know is still not showing up, then I am not sure what the problem could be. Are you both running the same version of Wiki?

Yeah I've edited permissions on both phones to allow everything for Wikitude. We both running the most recent version (6.0.4). Checked again this morning, in camera, map and list view. I've got 50 random people from all over the place (within about 30 km), but still can't see my wife!
    08-21-11 10:06 AM
    I've trying to get the new update, refreshing app world list with no success.

08-21-11 10:50 AM
    Yeah I've edited permissions on both phones to allow everything for Wikitude. We both running the most recent version (6.0.4). Checked again this morning, in camera, map and list view. I've got 50 random people from all over the place (within about 30 km), but still can't see my wife!
    That is strange. I only have four friends with the new phone and can see them all, unless they are further away than my limit. Other than trying to delete/install wikitude, I'm at a loss. Have you tried e-mailing their support addy on their website?
    08-21-11 12:17 PM
    I LIKE it...I have absolutely NO use for it, but find my self opening it up (and yes, waving my hand around like crazy, one guy said I was "break-popping") and spending about 10-15 minutes "looking" around...I FOUND a STARBUCKS!! Anyway, one BBMer invited me, but I got all scared and denied him...
    OniBerry and abass like this.
    08-23-11 03:02 PM
    you know, this might not necessarily be a bad thing....
    OniBerry and M.Rizk like this.
    08-23-11 03:34 PM
    I LIKE it...I have absolutely NO use for it, but find my self opening it up (and yes, waving my hand around like crazy, one guy said I was "break-popping") and spending about 10-15 minutes "looking" around...I FOUND a STARBUCKS!! Anyway, one BBMer invited me, but I got all scared and denied him...
    You can add to BBM contact list, or, if you want to keep em separated? Just do a Wikichat.

Cheers,
    08-23-11 04:30 PM
    you know, this might not necessarily be a bad thing....
    Too Funny!! In a few months he'll be back asking if there is any way to be invisible on Wikitude...
    08-23-11 04:32 PM
    You can add to BBM contact list, or, if you want to keep em separated? Just do a Wikichat.

Cheers,
    noooo I just wanted to SPY on people, not actually TALK to them, why do you think I have a smartphone with every Social app on it??
    OniBerry likes this.
    08-23-11 06:08 PM
    noooo I just wanted to SPY on people, not actually TALK to them, why do you think I have a smartphone with every Social app on it??
    I would have guessed cause you are social and stuff...

Now I know it's cause you're a Lurker!!!
    diffused likes this.
    08-23-11 07:20 PM
    So I have been playing around with this a little bit here and there.

Wikitude.me (You have to set up an account, and you can use a Google account for login/registration) is the website to go if you want to tag a POI, cause as of right now, only iphones and Android have the app for that. You can view what people may have tagged as a POI in your area with Wikitude (under the wikitude.me icon). I tried creating a few points in my area and they appeared on the app as well, under all views.

Clicking on a point will bring up a brief topic/event descriptor, and usually a link to wikipedia or some other site.

So, it's all sort of 'meh' right now, at least until more people start tagging things, and as long as there are now apps for BBs other than wikitude. While that is all well and good, we can mostly look for now. There are only very few tags around my area, and one guy tagged his house with the descriptor "yay" (shrug). I am positive it could be useful, like leaving someone a trail for them to follow, orienteering (which I think can only use a map and compass..not sure about GPS), etc...

If you decide to link your Google account with Wiki, it asks for permission to link with your e-mail address (not contacts), and Main Language used.

Bear in mind, if you tag anything, it will be available for public viewing, either through the wikitude app or on the website.
    Arnold1 likes this.
    08-23-11 09:08 PM
    My default download folder is "Home". But the app isn't there!!

I do not see Show all after hitting the BB button.
    Had the same happen to me. I believe it's because you disabled all the panels on your 9900 (like I did) and just kept the "all" panel active.

Go to 'manage panels' and select Downloads, then save. Slide over to the download panel and voila, it should be there. Hover over the Wikitude icon, click on the BB menu button then select Move then move to home screen. After that you can disable all the panels and it should be sitting on your home screen.
    08-23-11 11:02 PM
    Ok weird question lol. So to locate someone one BBM...they have to have a OS7 phone and wikitudes downloaded as well, right??

08-24-11 12:50 AM
    Ok weird question lol. So to locate someone one BBM...they have to have a OS7 phone and wikitudes downloaded as well, right??

I would really like to know this as well because that would mean i'm possibly the only person in my town withba new OS7 device . keep in mind my town is about 15k people haha
    08-24-11 02:41 AM

Hi all,

Yes, that's correct, only those people are displayed who have Wikitude installed and share their location - and as Wikitude is currently available for os7, only people with the new Torch and Bold devices can be seen. To share ones location it needs to be ensured that Wikitude is connected with BBM (can be checked in the Wikitude settings) and that the visibility status is either 'Contacts' or 'Public'

Thx
    Nicola
    Arnold1 and Arnold1 like this.
    08-24-11 04:40 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD