wifi on the 9900 doesn't work. i go to my browser and i get a message, "data services are disabled. go to mobile network to enable"

I have enabled my wifi and it has connected to a network, i go to mobile network and turn off the data service. can i get the message.

I am doing something wrong?
    09-13-11 01:39 AM
    I'd say this appears to be a network/Data plan issue. Apparently the application on resource you are trying to access via wi-fi requires specific blackberry data plan enabled. Kindly contact your service provider and see if that helps. Once you have ascertained that the device supports blackberry class data, then check your APN settings and get that sorted out.
    Also Hidden Enterprise Activation menu/ Register device on Network/ Host Routing table - (All Models - All OS versions ) perform this after you talk to your service provider and confirm that data services are activated.
    09-13-11 01:52 AM
    You can all do what mobibiz said ...but before that i would recheck your entrys again.
    I had the same problem as you and it also took me like 5-7 minutes to figure that out... I was connected to wifi and everything looked right but i could not browse or use any app... and got the same error you have.

btw my problem was i misstyped the Primary DNS... in my case it has to be the same as my Default gateaway adress.
    09-13-11 03:00 AM
    I don't know if you are referring to your own wifi network or a public hotspot but what I did when I had a wifi issue was re-set the modem and router. Unplugged both, 30 seconds, then plugged my modem in, let it boot then plugged my router in. Sometimes wifi issues are router related and not necessarily due to the phone.

Just a suggestion.

Worst case scenario, call your provider's tech support and they will help you out.

Good luck
    09-13-11 08:42 AM
    I don't know if you are referring to your own wifi network or a public hotspot but what I did when I had a wifi issue was re-set the modem and router. Unplugged both, 30 seconds, then plugged my modem in, let it boot then plugged my router in. Sometimes wifi issues are router related and not necessarily due to the phone.

Just a suggestion.

Worst case scenario, call your provider's tech support and they will help you out.

Good luck
    Actually this is a good point and the most problems that people have with WIFI is mistyping your passcode.

EX. if you are home and trying to connect to your home WIFI and it is turned on and so is your BB it should detect it(Whatever the name of it is) and then open it up to enter your passcode. Make sure it is identical to what is in your router and this means that how you have it because it is case sensitive.
    09-13-11 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD