So I was just reading up on the JoikuSpot but it isn't supported on blackberrys. Then I found another website it's called Tether.com. I was just wondering if this would support anything other than laptops? If I had a tablet or lets say an iPod touch or any product with wireless capabilities would Tether.com support them? From what I can see it only says Laptops?

Does anyone else know of a solution to turn my bb into a wifi hotspot that's compatible with any type of device?

Much appreciated
    08-20-11 01:47 PM
    there is something called connectify but i dont use it. good luck.
    08-20-11 02:43 PM
    So I was just reading up on the JoikuSpot but it isn't supported on blackberrys. Then I found another website it's called Tether.com. I was just wondering if this would support anything other than laptops? If I had a tablet or lets say an iPod touch or any product with wireless capabilities would Tether.com support them? From what I can see it only says Laptops?

Does anyone else know of a solution to turn my bb into a wifi hotspot that's compatible with any type of device?

Much appreciated
    Tether supports Blackberry and Android devices only, and just from a computer. Laptop or desktop doesn't matter.

If the 9900 doesn't have hotspot enabled, your simplest option is a 3G or 4G hotspot from your wireless carrier.
    08-20-11 02:48 PM
    Okay ill look into connectify . I would prefer to get the chance to enable hotspot from my phone that way I can actually use the 6 GBS I get on my plan xD

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 02:57 PM
    Connectify goes the wrong way. It turns your pc into a hotspot. While you could join your phone to your laptop and use that it would be embarrassing to say the least. File this under 'a good way to get your friends to throw **** at you and laugh at your expense.'
    08-27-11 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD