My 9900's home screen is terribly lonely and apart from one weather widget I haven't seen any others, which makes it a bit pointless. I'm talking about the part of the screen revealed when you swipe down the app icons, below the search bar.

Any suggestions? Something to show today's calendar entries would be very nice. Coming from Android where there are tons of great widgets, this area seems strangely missing.
    09-14-11 09:49 AM
    You should look in app world there are tons of apps but some do not work on the OS 7 devices yet. Hopefully the developers are working on this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 10:00 AM
    What apps have widgets now? That's awesome.

09-14-11 10:04 AM
    What apps have widgets now? That's awesome.

Actually it is THEMES that put Apps onto the screen and since OS6 App icons have had the ability to act kinda like widgets things like the calendar showing the actual day, Temp apps showing the temperature as the icon, weather app changed based on weather,

but even with these I still say we are a long way from actual widgets,
    09-14-11 10:07 AM
    Oh ok. BerryWeather was the only widget like app I remember. I hope BlackBerry gets some lite widgets. Like for Kayak App I love the gate info widget on Android.

09-14-11 10:14 AM
    There's one app called like FancyWidgets or something like that. I don't know if its updated for OS7 buts its pretty cool.

09-14-11 10:34 AM
    Fancy widgets just got OS7 support, i used one widget but I can't remember the link to download it from.
    09-14-11 11:03 AM
    Here's the link to the Fancy Widget FB page.
    The 1st wall post has an ota link, but it's only for OS5 or 6. I know it was updated, but can't find the OS7 link at the moment.

FancyWidgets for BlackBerry | Facebook
    09-14-11 11:11 AM
    Here's a link to the full version in the Mobihand store: Fancy Widgets on CrackBerry App Superstore
    09-14-11 11:18 AM
    Here's a link to the full version in the Mobihand store: Fancy Widgets on CrackBerry App Superstore
    Thanks - I installed this but it doesn't work. Either does nothing or changes the background to black.
    09-14-11 12:03 PM
    Thanks - I installed this but it doesn't work. Either does nothing or changes the background to black.
    Perhaps this thread would help: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9930-a-642144/
    09-14-11 01:03 PM
    The background will change to black unless you enable the wallpaper widget and select an image. In that way, it's a lot like the Berryweather homescreen wallpaper function. I'm running FW but only using the wallpaper and weather (Berryweather) widgets. I like the weather display better than the BW wallpaper display. I've tried the twitter and news widgets but found them a bit finicky.
    09-14-11 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD