Just got the about 3 days ago so i've messing around with it and it's pretty awesome, I had the tour before.

So whats the advantage of having Wi-Fi on the phone?
    at home I have wireless internet so I already set my phone up to it, so does it mean that when I use data on the phone at home is it going thru my wi-fi? or am I using the Verizon data?

What I'm trying to know or do is this:
    I have a limit of 2gb on the verizon plan, and if am at home or somewhere where I have internet access I would rather use Wi-Fi instead of the 2gb of verizon.

Thanks in advance.
    08-29-11 12:46 AM
    Just got the about 3 days ago so i've messing around with it and it's pretty awesome, I had the tour before.

at home I have wireless internet so I already set my phone up to it, so does it mean that when I use data on the phone at home is it going thru my wi-fi? or am I using the Verizon data?

I have a limit of 2gb on the verizon plan, and if am at home or somewhere where I have internet access I would rather use Wi-Fi instead of the 2gb of verizon.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes. It will use your WiFi instead of 3G. This is great for improved speeds and saving on your 2GB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 12:49 AM

Thanks in advance.
    One question for you... If you had the Tour, I would think you'd have the unlimited data plan still. Was there a reason you moved to the 2GB plan?

08-29-11 12:52 AM
    Yes. It will use your WiFi instead of 3G. This is great for improved speeds and saving on your 2GB.

So it would use the wifi at home autmatically? and is it going to be able to use the all the apps and programs or whatever I want to do under wifi? or does the wifi has some restrictions?
    08-29-11 01:01 AM
    Anything that uses data will go through wifi when connected to a wifi hotspot. So if your apps use data then they will be running off wifi. And its all automatic, your phone will chose wifi over the 1X network because its smart!

08-29-11 01:05 AM
    So it would use the wifi at home autmatically? and is it going to be able to use the all the apps and programs or whatever I want to do under wifi? or does the wifi has some restrictions?
    Does it automagically. Voice calls will work on Verizon's 1X network while all data will be processed through WiFi.

One question for you... If you had the Tour, I would think you'd have the unlimited data plan still. Was there a reason you moved to the 2GB plan?

what happen is that after the tour I got a touchscreen phone a different brand different plan, and I just couldnt get used to touchscreen, I like the qwerty of blackberry and feel the keys when I'm texting and I'm used to it so I came back to blackberry, So i compared different phones and blackberry won!

and I'm keeping my new bold for a long time!! I like it!
    That's a shame they wouldn't let you keep your data plan. I guess you went to a feature phone with the 10 dollar data?

08-29-11 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD