So... we have the iPhone, the Galaxies, the WP8s, and the BB10s. What keeps you loyal to your 99XX phone?
    08-17-13 12:36 PM
    Hey, the Bold 9900/9930 is much better than BlackBerry's latest device. Never thought I'd be able to say that back 2 years ago when I bought it. BUT it is true. The 9720 can't compare with the old 99.
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    08-17-13 12:51 PM
    Works well.
    Looks good.
    Doesn't use to much data.
    What more do you need ?
    fkornre, revtech and LudwigvonKast like this.
    08-17-13 04:40 PM
    Works well.
    Looks good.
    Doesn't use to much data.
    What more do you need ?
    what goodayeh said
    revtech likes this.
    08-17-13 04:46 PM
    Good answers! I figure through reading everyone's replies we can learn different shortcuts/things about the Bold we may have not known.
    I just found out about the speed dialing feature and love it. why ask Siri to call someone when i can simply hold down a letter and get it done faster? Little things I am discovering..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-17-13 05:09 PM
    It did what it set out to do. The 9900 is, first and foremost, a phone. That being said, 3 years later it is still one of the best devices that serve that purpose...being a phone. It has excellent call quality and a premium construction. As far as messaging and notifications, well its hard to beat Blackberry's setup. The hybrid of the touch screen and the best keyboard to date, along with the latest OS7, makes for one hell of a user experience...better than i have found to date (iphone 4/5, galaxy s3, etc). Sure, the competition has the app market cornered, along with cute little gimics to attract kids too young to own a cell phone anyway, but Blackberry never set out to make multimedia toys, they made tools geared towards business, practicality and functionality. My one gripe with the 9900 would have to be the camera, specifically the lack of autofocus, as i do like to take quick, spur of the moment pictures sometimes, and i appreciate good picture quality. This brings up another nod to the device, the convenience button. Again, its a phone, not a camera. Id rather the device excel at call quality and messaging at the expense of media capability, instead of the other way around. Anyway, hats off to the Bold 9900/9930...it will keep me happy for years to come.

Posted via CB10
    howards, LudwigvonKast and revtech like this.
    08-17-13 05:35 PM
    For me it's the best of both worlds. It's a simple phone that happens to have a web browser that works just fine for my purposes. I realize that most consumers today want the latest, fastest, slickest cell phone possible even if they don't have a need for it or if they don't use most of the features and that is why other phones are more popular but I have never followed the crowds. I've always done my homework instead of blindly buying anything just because it's the most popular or "the best seller". That's how I ended up with my 9930.
    It has a keyboard that no one has been able to beat.
    I don't feel that I am "over-phoned" since I don't need, desire or use about 3/4 of what BB10, Android or iPhones have to offer.
    It fits in my pockets so perfectly.
    And most importantly, I have not had any of the problems that some complain about.
    08-17-13 06:55 PM
    For me it's the best of both worlds. It's a simple phone that happens to have a web browser that works just fine for my purposes. I realize that most consumers today want the latest, fastest, slickest cell phone possible even if they don't have a need for it or if they don't use most of the features and that is why other phones are more popular but I have never followed the crowds. I've always done my homework instead of blindly buying anything just because it's the most popular or "the best seller". That's how I ended up with my 9930.
    It has a keyboard that no one has been able to beat.
    I don't feel that I am "over-phoned" since I don't need, desire or use about 3/4 of what BB10, Android or iPhones have to offer.
    It fits in my pockets so perfectly.
    And most importantly, I have not had any of the problems that some complain about.
    You are so right about fitting in the pocket.

I have tried many times using a holster and really hate it.
    I would keep bumping into things and when driving it was always bothering me with the seatbelt.

In a pocket , you forget it's there !
    08-17-13 07:39 PM
    Many have already stated very good reasons but I would like to add my own.
    -Long battery life
    -Compact size
    -Best keyboard I have ever used (even better than the Q10)
    -Trackpad for navigation - I am not a fan of touchscreens
    -Dedicated home keys; call, menu, back and end
    -Notification symbols on the homescreen (swiping to peek is just a pain in the ***)
    -Email folders on the homescreen (swiping to a hub is pointless)
    -Mobile checkbook app - one of my fav apps ever and not available on bb10
    -Keyboard shortcuts
    -Convenience button

In a nut shell the 9930 is just a device that does everything I want my phone to do with simplicity and without the need to do extra crap that bb10 forces me to do. While the Q10 that I own is a very nice device it falls short of the 9930 which is why I switched back.
    dphjeff and LudwigvonKast like this.
    08-17-13 08:10 PM
    A good question!
    I love my 9900 because it is the 9900. I use it most of the time for my emails
    08-17-13 11:24 PM
    I love my phone, but I didn't know the 9930 did not have 4G lol

The Bridge on my Playbook would be awesome with 4G speed.. right now I don't even bother -.-

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-18-13 03:24 AM
    What keeps me loyal to my 9900 is my remaining contract term to pay out the device.

That being said, I do love the following:
    1) Awesome keyboard
    2) instant and reliable BIS email
    3) Ease of messaging, BBM, SMS, Whatsapp, etc - all work seamlessly
    4) Build quality and general physical feel
    5) Music player: it is simple and effective and syncs easily to my iTunes library
    6) Battery life - I get a full day's use out of a full charge

What I don't like:
    1) General Blackberry app-gap; no access to new and popular apps, games, etc
    2) Camera - it's ok, but miles behind other phones and no replacement for a dedicated point and shoot
    3) No LTE - I don't do a lot of streaming video or downloading but when I do the HSPA+ is slower than I'd like, and I do use the mobile hotspot fairly often where the additional speed would be welcome.
    4) Processing speed / OS lag - I often notice freeze-ups or stutters, especially when trying to use the device while listening to music or doing multiple operations. Battery pull will often improve this temporarily but it is a pain having to yank the battery every few days.
    5) No front facing camera or video chat; not something I miss often but would be nice to have the option.
    6) Infrequent OS updates, no added features or capabilities, stale OS with no further development since the release of BB10.
    7) Useless browser. Slow and glitchy, it often quits altogether while viewing a site, even after the page has loaded.

I've been generally happy with the phone but the features and capabilities have not kept up to the three year contract term. For this reason and the overall app gap which still exists on BB10 I'm pretty sure my next device will be an iPhone. Blackberry has exhausted my loyalty.
    08-18-13 05:32 AM
    I love it because I dont have any money to buy a better phone =D
    08-18-13 06:04 AM
    Bold 9900 possibly the last and best of the great RIM products.
    08-18-13 06:07 AM
    I love my 9900 because... after long wait I finally got one and I plan to rock this berry to the fullest!

Bold 9900
    08-18-13 06:28 AM
    I concur with both Fkornre Micky_T, the 99XX is the LeBron James of phones. Best all around phone. The rest are great one thing, but that doesn't win you championships... also, for having a smaller battery, you get very good life out of it.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 09:05 AM
    In spite of the fact I love my 9930 does anyone know if BB will upgrade the OS to the one on the new 9720?
    08-18-13 09:13 AM
    Ultimately the 9930 has been a faithful companion. Until last week the ONLY shortcomings I've experienced have been the browser limitations and screen size. Last week the credit union I work at changed email clients to a ms outlook Web based and according to our IT Dept the only BB os supported is BB10. I'm not sure why but none the less that's what I was told. So as a BYOD Sprint customer I'm stuck not being able to receive email through my BlackBerry. The Frustrating part is that this is the first time in the past ten years! Maybe BlackBerry will release an update to the OS that will fit it? I hope so...any suggestions? It's hard for me to believe that with all legacy devices that are still being used that this would be the case.
    08-18-13 05:58 PM
    Ultimately the 9930 has been a faithful companion. Until last week the ONLY shortcomings I've experienced have been the browser limitations and screen size. Last week the credit union I work at changed email clients to a ms outlook Web based and according to our IT Dept the only BB os supported is BB10. I'm not sure why but none the less that's what I was told. So as a BYOD Sprint customer I'm stuck not being able to receive email through my BlackBerry. The Frustrating part is that this is the first time in the past ten years! Maybe BlackBerry will release an update to the OS that will fit it? I hope so...any suggestions? It's hard for me to believe that with all legacy devices that are still being used that this would be the case.
    I never had a problem with OWA and the 9930... are you sure they know what they're talking about? i'd try setting it up...

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-18-13 06:04 PM
    No I'm not really sure but I will find out because I can't believe it wouldn't be possible.
    08-18-13 07:28 PM
    My workplace uses the same kind of server, and I can read and send mail just fine on my BB. Google "csulb email blackberry" and check out the first couple hits for setup info.
    08-19-13 11:03 PM