06-04-11 06:02 PM
31 12
tools
    From someone who has never used it can someone please explain what the difference between texting and BBM is? I have asked users before but nobody can really explain how it is better? but everyone swears by it
    BBM is real time push updates in both directions and for groups. You can have simultaneous conversations with frequent push updates (currently listening status, status messages, typing notifications, chat) both from individuals plus large groups that you can join. All that and it doesn't kill your battery life like services that have to poll everything.

Group chat stays on the server so it's not like all the messages are stored locally, which is nice.

SMS servers going from carrier can be unreliable. Sometimes there are carrier to carrier issues, or slow sms send/receive issues, truncation, etc. MMS is even worse.
    06-02-11 08:10 PM
    Ok thanks. I'm looking at the phone because
    1. Dropped Current evo hasn't been right since
    2. Android battery life is becoming problematic
    3. Like the looks
    4. Looking to pair with playbook
    5.always wanted to at least try a blackberry I'm guessing this will be the newest one
    06-02-11 08:13 PM
    Plus, all core apps on a blackberry phone can send files via BBM. You can BBM voice notes, pics, videos, etc. Back and forth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 08:20 PM
    I'm buying this phone because of its keyboard. I also like the touch screen. Sometimes it easier to just click on the screen to select a menu or icon. I can't seem to get used to using a touch screen only. I refuse to leave BB because of the following: keyboard; autotext and LED. Iphone doesn't have that.
    06-03-11 12:32 PM
    From someone who has never used it can someone please explain what the difference between texting and BBM is? I have asked users before but nobody can really explain how it is better? but everyone swears by it
    It's "free" communication no matter where you are! (One BB to another, of course). Have 2 friends that used BBM to stay in touch (real time) when one went to Spain. No charge. Yep, the time difference was a problem but there's no problem with free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 11:29 AM
    I like Blackberry phones and I want a decent web browser and physical keyboard. I am tired though of waiting on new Blackberry releases. Verizon has nothing!
    06-04-11 06:02 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD