Just wondering why everyone's buyi9ng this phone, I did want the 9700 last year but i didnt get it, and in march best buy had the torch for $49.99 and i guess my heart was set on to this phone because of the design, features and because its a blackberry!

So Why are you buying it?
    & Where will you buy it from, best buy,At&t,Rogers, etc.

Edit: And im getting it because i have an LG Vu. Its falling apart and I need a new phone !
    Last edited by DeeDudnath; 05-29-11 at 04:22 PM.
    05-29-11 04:18 PM
    I plan to get it because I find it a suitable upgrade from the Style, it has a fine keyboard, and a larger screen.

I usually purchase my BlackBerry's from Best Buy these days, mainly because I abhor mail-in rebates on a major purchase. Best Buy has been very good about this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-11 04:33 PM
    I have liked the Bold series since they came out! I enjoy the use of the Torch, but miss the larger keypad. I think this device will be a great combo of each!
    05-29-11 04:36 PM
    I usually purchase from a contact at Rogers to use on AT&T and when AT&T delivers, I buy the AT&T unit and give the Rogers unit to an employee.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-30-11 at 06:42 AM.
    05-29-11 04:58 PM
    I'm buying this phone because no other device will let me:

- blast out a full reply (140+ characters) in less than 20 seconds with word completion
    - obtain weather, movie times, or favorite websites in 2 or 3 keystrokes (opera mini)
    - charge the phone once per day as a maximum
    05-29-11 06:19 PM
    Because my iPhone is missing a lot of features that I loved with my bold 9000. My favorite blackberry was the 9000 and this one follows the same form factor. I am also tired of making tons of mistakes when typing on my iPhone. (I've had it for a year, and yes I have gotten better at the typing, but nothing like how I was on my physical blackberry keyboard.)

I'll probably buy it at the full retail price at Rogers or Best Buy.
    05-29-11 08:33 PM
    I've actually left BlackBerry, Android, and iOS to move to Windows Phone 7. I've only had my HTC Trophy for 3 days now (Verizon just started selling them on Thursday) and I'm pretty impressed so far and am excited for the Mango update in the fall. However, I'm still following the news on the 9930 as I really like the idea of the BlackBerry functionality with competitive hardware and a web browser that can actually compete with the other OSes. I left BlackBerry mainly because of the web browser and slow overall device speed, Android for the laggy OS (due in part to the skins that phone manufacturers implement), and iOS because it's so locked down and toylike. If BlackBerry can deliver on the promises they've made, I'd happily come back.
    05-29-11 09:53 PM
    Simple... The keyboard. I will buy this phone simply because I really like the Bold 9700 keyboard. Also, I am sure that I can resell my used Bold 9700 for the same amount of money that I have to pay for breaking of my contract.

I will buy it from BestBuy because I work there.

05-29-11 10:15 PM
    Because my iPhone is missing a lot of features that I loved with my bold 9000. My favorite blackberry was the 9000 and this one follows the same form factor. I am also tired of making tons of mistakes when typing on my iPhone. (I've had it for a year, and yes I have gotten better at the typing, but nothing like how I was on my physical blackberry keyboard.)
    I also have a 9000 and an iPhone 4 and agree completely with your comments. Don't forget the LED.
    05-29-11 10:50 PM
    I've actually left BlackBerry, Android, and iOS to move to Windows Phone 7. I've only had my HTC Trophy for 3 days now (Verizon just started selling them on Thursday) and I'm pretty impressed so far and am excited for the Mango update in the fall. However, I'm still following the news on the 9930 as I really like the idea of the BlackBerry functionality with competitive hardware and a web browser that can actually compete with the other OSes. I left BlackBerry mainly because of the web browser and slow overall device speed, Android for the laggy OS (due in part to the skins that phone manufacturers implement), and iOS because it's so locked down and toylike. If BlackBerry can deliver on the promises they've made, I'd happily come back.
    I tried a Windows 7 phone for about two days. I was SHOCKED it did not sync with Outlook to get my contacts and schedule moved over. It was when it first came out and the Samsung phone was a POS! Something was wrong with its battery or charging system as it would be dead in the morning while on the charger all night. Even got it replaced and it did it again. The OS looked like a good start but was WAY short on features.

I hear Win7 phone OS has been or is to be updated . . .it sure needed it!
    05-30-11 06:47 AM
    I will get this phone for my husband because he loved the first Bold. He's been waiting for this one to come out since the first comments were made regarding a touch Bold many, many moons ago.

For myself, I will wait for the Torch 2. I LOVE my Torch, so I'll get the newest model, but this time I'll wait for it in red.
    05-30-11 07:16 AM
    I tried a Windows 7 phone for about two days. I was SHOCKED it did not sync with Outlook to get my contacts and schedule moved over. It was when it first came out and the Samsung phone was a POS! Something was wrong with its battery or charging system as it would be dead in the morning while on the charger all night. Even got it replaced and it did it again. The OS looked like a good start but was WAY short on features.

I hear Win7 phone OS has been or is to be updated . . .it sure needed it!
    I was really excited about trying the Lightning from Dell, and then the thing just disappeared. Lost interest. Waiting for my trusted BBerries, these devices.
    05-30-11 07:19 AM
    I'm getting it because I've left so many times to come back to blackberry. Its just a pattern. But in the end I'm a crackberryhead
    05-30-11 03:10 PM
    it is VERY simple:
    1- more device memory than 9000
    2-same great key board
    3-get rid of old track ball and get track pad.

Done deal....now I can email-BBM-text and if I want to get a little wild may even start using the browser. I'm not playing games or checking the weather. It's a business phone and does a great job and I save a ton of time by being able to easily type my email.

Now isn't that simple enough. It will get here when it gets here.
    Last edited by timbo22; 05-30-11 at 04:25 PM.
    05-30-11 03:38 PM
    My number 1 reason is the size of the phone and keyboard. The 9000 form factor is the perfect size for me.

I would be just fine with the 9900 if had the same specs as the 9780. But the fact that the Bold Touch has much better internal hardware makes me want it even more.
    05-30-11 03:53 PM
    Like a lot of BlackBerry users I've been tempted to go the way of the iPhone or Droid but the more I learn about these phones the more convinced that BlackBerry is the phone that works best for me. My reasons then for buying this phone and not going with iPhone/Droid:
    1. Battery life. Being able to use my phone from sunrise until I go to bed is important.
    2. Email and BBM. Without question, BlackBerry is still #1 in these areas.
    3. Even though I have liked my Storm and Storm 2, I'm ready to go back to a keyboard phone. Touch screens are not for me.
    4. I'm a USA Verizon customer and I will buy the phone at my local VZW store.
    DeeDudnath likes this.
    05-30-11 06:52 PM
    Speed, slightly larger form factor, trackpad, battery life (assuming it matches current BB phones).

I have a Tour now. Lately I have been into VZW stores *repeatedly* to check out iPhone, Android and even lately the WP7 HTC Trophy. The only ones I can even come close to typing on well are those huge brick phones like the Droid X. And even getting used to that, which I am sure I could, all those phones are just too fragile to me. I have dropped and banged my Tour around to the point where I would think it would not work any longer. Yet it is still like the day I bought it. No case by the way as I do not like adding the bulk.
    05-30-11 07:21 PM
    Well, I still have the Bold 9000 and have waited for it's refresh because to me, its the best phone. I text a lot and the Bold 9000 keyboard is the best out there. And to hear they made it better, is music to my ears. It will be nice to have a better OS as well.
    05-30-11 10:57 PM
    - keyboard
    - larger size
    - more power (no lagging hopefully)
    - touch for web experience
    - did I mention the keyboard? (9000 was epic, and I only tried in an att store)
    - VZW for carrier

06-02-11 05:45 PM
    General question: Does BBM live up to its hype?
    06-02-11 05:55 PM
    Yes.

10char
    06-02-11 06:35 PM
    I'd say yes, but with the stipulation that that is only if the people you need to keep in contact with have BBM as well.
    06-02-11 06:52 PM
    Then there is also a rumor that RIM will be bringing BBM to other platforms.

06-02-11 07:18 PM
    From someone who has never used it can someone please explain what the difference between texting and BBM is? I have asked users before but nobody can really explain how it is better? but everyone swears by it
    06-02-11 07:36 PM
    Bbm you know when the person recives the message and if they looked at it aand texting is just texting
    06-02-11 07:50 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD