I don't really see the appeal of a touch screen only BB. I would just buy an iPhone if I wanted to type on glass.
    if your social circle all used BlackBerrys and bbm and you wanted a all touch that is a great reason to buy all touch,

or if you travel globally and pay roaming data bb's use half to a quarter the data of iphones for similar usage

or you need bes support
    01itr and bdad14 like this.
    07-25-11 11:29 AM
    The 9860 is MORE pocketable in my opinion. Both devices will be liked. The 9900 and 9860 are a whole new class of Blackberry devices with build quality and performance WAY ahead of their past devices.
    07-25-11 12:00 PM
    if your social circle all used BlackBerrys and bbm and you wanted a all touch that is a great reason to buy all touch,

or if you travel globally and pay roaming data bb's use half to a quarter the data of iphones for similar usage

or you need bes support
    My social circles are now mostly iPhone users. Neither the iPhone or BBs are ideal for global travel. The iPhone has the micro SIM and AT&T won't unlock iPhones (unlike every other smartphone). BBs require a BIS or BES provisioned SIM to retain access to many of the apps including email.

Most BES devices are corporately owned and probably used primarily for messaging. I don't see an all touch device as being particularly suited to corporate ise.
    07-25-11 12:23 PM
    BBs require a BIS or BES provisioned SIM to retain access to many of the apps including email.
    I think I travel more often than most and that is the reason I have a BlackBerry. For $20 per month T-Mobile gives you International BlackBerry email and it works perfectly for me. In the last 3 years I think I have used my BB in at least 20 different countries and my cost is never more than the $20 per month extra. Plus UMA allows wifi calling back to the US for free.
    bdad14 likes this.
    07-25-11 03:30 PM
    My social circles are now mostly iPhone users. Neither the iPhone or BBs are ideal for global travel. The iPhone has the micro SIM and AT&T won't unlock iPhones (unlike every other smartphone). BBs require a BIS or BES provisioned SIM to retain access to many of the apps including email.

Most BES devices are corporately owned and probably used primarily for messaging. I don't see an all touch device as being particularly suited to corporate ise.
    so YOU are not a candidate you are NOT everyone
    you said you don't see the appeal, and I showed you where one might see the appeal

in my primary social circle, 5 out of 20 do not own Blackberry's as one of their devices, only 3 devices in about 30 are iPhones, and about the same are androids, it is predominately Blackberry and feature phones
    so our Appeals would be very different.
    AND the whole a BYOD craze that is happening in Corporate US is a direct argument to the corporate ownership of BES devices though some company's give their users the choice of which blackberry they want. I was given 3 choices when I had my last upgrade
    07-25-11 11:28 PM
    so YOU are not a candidate you are NOT everyone
    you said you don't see the appeal, and I showed you where one might see the appeal

in my primary social circle, 5 out of 20 do not own Blackberry's as one of their devices, only 3 devices in about 30 are iPhones, and about the same are androids, it is predominately Blackberry and feature phones
    so our Appeals would be very different.
    AND the whole a BYOD craze that is happening in Corporate US is a direct argument to the corporate ownership of BES devices though some company's give their users the choice of which blackberry they want. I was given 3 choices when I had my last upgrade
    Maybe its different in Canada. I don't know anyone other than myself in my circle who actually has a personal BB.

BYOD is all about saving the Corporations money.
    07-26-11 04:34 PM
    ^^ Same here. I'm the only person in my circle with a BB device. Its majorly iOS or android devices since they are the big platforms pushed around here
    07-26-11 04:53 PM
    Large selection is always good.
    07-26-11 05:13 PM
    i get confused at times. my torch is the best for messaging, light, handy size, qwerty physical keyboard, etc. but i always wanted bigger screen for better reading (news, etc) so the sim card is moving back and forth to my dell streak (5" screen).
    the streak got a real estate, but it's awkward to handle phone calls. typing is not so bad because screen is big, but no way i can replace bb's keyboard.
    if torch2 got a bigger screen, something like 3.7 or even 4" slider, a lot of android users will definitely move in. android users won't use bb phone with 2.8" screen because their average phone screens are 3.7" and up. they may use bb for messaging purposes, but nothing else.
    so rim got a few chance to join in the market of this big-screen handsets. bigger screen, slab only, slab-slider, and bigger flips.
    07-26-11 06:46 PM
    because many people have different preferences.so do i.i like what i like.
    07-26-11 09:18 PM
    i think the new curves will be appealing to the IT depts and the companies who want /need bbs but dont want to dole out so much dough.
    07-26-11 10:40 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD