What is the point of on screen keyboard when you have the full physical keyboard?

Just for a poll, how many of you will be using this on screen keyboard? Oh.. I am asking this because of this news article(see quote): BlackBerry Bold 9900 Launch Dates

There are effectively two input keyboards, the QWERTY and the on-screen keyboard so it's a question of take your pick. The BlackBerry Bold 9900 comes with all the benefits of BlackBerry OS7 such as enhanced web browsing and voice activated searching.
    07-06-11 09:43 AM
    the bold 9900 doesn't have the screen size for a touch screen keyboard, you're probably thinking of the torch or monaco
    07-06-11 09:48 AM
    I'd wondered that myself, but someone noted that they would use the onscreen keyboard for arabic. So if you're typing in two languages, it could be useful.

Also, i think it could be cool to have a row of numbers or common symbols on the screen at times, instead of switching with the alt key.
    07-06-11 09:49 AM
    What is the point of on screen keyboard when you have the full physical keyboard?

Just for a poll, how many of you will be using this on screen keyboard? Oh.. I am asking this because of this news article(see quote): BlackBerry Bold 9900 Launch Dates
    From a few things I've seen on the subject, I think it's for the capability of multiple language input that you can't get with a physical QWERTY keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 09:49 AM
    In all the videos I have yet to see an on-screen keyboard.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    07-06-11 10:52 AM
    While typing text messages on the keyboard, cursor jumps to another previous text window above the intended input line.
    I noticed I can only remedy this by slowing down my typing speed...anyone have a better remedy?
    07-07-11 08:51 AM

There is no virtual keyboard that I can find. Once you get used to it the touch screen is very handy on the 9900 but it is mainly for touching icons and holding to bring up a menu, panning and pinching all work perfectly! It is smoother than my iPhone 4 in real use.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    07-07-11 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD