So I finally got my OEM leather sleeve/pouch thing and am loving it. Just trying to figure out why the red stitching is only on the right side. Any ideas? It's messing up my obsession with all things symmetrical.
    09-18-11 06:48 PM
    Red is right for the quick stuff. Plus it kinda looks cool.
    09-18-11 06:59 PM
    I think its a cool little touch they added. I think it's better with the red than without it.
    09-18-11 07:06 PM
    Budget cuts? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 09:04 PM
    Budget cuts? Lol

Yep.... they probably ran out of the right color and forced to use blood stained red stitching materials from the Waterloo Hospital. LOL

In a serious note, I think it is a design they came up with.
    09-18-11 09:16 PM
    Love the red stitch. It's my favorite part of the pouch.

09-18-11 10:41 PM
    I like the look but don't understand why
    09-18-11 11:34 PM
    So I finally got my OEM leather sleeve/pouch thing and am loving it. Just trying to figure out why the red stitching is only on the right side. Any ideas? It's messing up my obsession with all things symmetrical.
    Shhhhhhh...
    We're not supposed to talk about the red stitching on a public forum. There may be people reading this that don't own a BB.
    09-19-11 12:24 AM
    i hate to tell you, but basically they are sewn by machine. if at the QA stage
    there is a problem with the stitching being whonky or coming undone, QA rejects it,
    and its either tossed into a fix it-sell it pile, or trash bin.

The red thread is where someone has hand sewn the pouch in order to rescue
    it from the garbage bin. 2 ways to look at it.

1) congrats you have a hand sewn, special red pouch touch by someones
    caring hands (**or slave labor**)
    2) your pouch is ****, and blackberry is happy to sell you 2nd's or defective accessories.

enjoy
    09-19-11 02:14 AM
    I purchased a 9900 pouch and it came with the red stitching on one side too. I also wondered what was up and did some research. I found out that it has nothing to do with seconds or defectives and that the single red stitch on the one side of the case actually denotes that it is a genuine BB product and not some knock off. I don't know their reasoning behind this. I guess they figure people making fakes will think that it shouldn't belong there and not include it and only stitch with black.
    02-10-12 08:58 PM
    My guess is that the red Stitching imitates the red LED message indicator of a Blackberry Phone.
    02-10-12 10:12 PM
    Well I have a white 9900 and came with leather pouch but I have only white stitching done on both side Don't you think its bit unfair that they did not gave me a reason to research about
    02-10-12 10:27 PM
    Not sure why it's on the right side. I'd say for device orientation, but the BB logo is right on top. So it can't be that. *shrugs* I know the red stitching drove me nuts for the first few weeks because it would catch my volume rocker when i put the device in the pouch. But that doesn't happen anymore. thank goodness.
    02-11-12 08:59 AM
    That' strange, my pouch has a black stitching
    02-11-12 10:16 AM
    That' strange, my pouch has a black stitching
    There are two versions of the pouch, depending in what region you bought your Bold. One with red stitching, one without.
    verd likes this.
    02-11-12 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD