Can someone help me to know why RIM has adopted 2 screen modes , without having a KB for the portrait mode ? Is it only to view very few pics that are best viewed there ? I can not imagine watching videos or browsing the net is fun in that mode ?
    We now have to install 3rd party app to lock in the LS in all applications , and we have to do that every time we make a reboot.
    09-10-11 02:48 PM
    I generally use portrait mode. I only use LS for video and a few pictures that benefit from LS.
    09-10-11 04:00 PM
    Some things just work better in portrait and vice versa.
    09-10-11 04:04 PM
    I generally use portrait mode. I only use LS for video and a few pictures that benefit from LS.
    For the 9900 , the LS above is above the physical KB . So, the portrait mode is the screen with the height > the width. ( unlike the Torch or Storm)
    So I can not understand how do you use the portrait mode while your physical KB is in the other direction !!!!!
    09-10-11 04:25 PM
    For the 9900 , the LS above is above the physical KB . So, the portrait mode is the screen with the height > the width. ( unlike the Torch or Storm)
    So I can not understand how do you use the portrait mode while your physical KB is in the other direction !!!!!
    ??? This is the 9800 forum not the 9900 so I don't understand your last comment.
    09-10-11 05:04 PM
    ??? This is the 9800 forum not the 9900 so I don't understand your last comment.
    No, this is the 9900 forum !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by m.seif; 09-11-11 at 04:54 AM.
    09-10-11 05:10 PM
    I dont understand what you asking. You word things very strangely and it almost sounds like English is not your native tongue.... but whatever Ill give it a shot!

The 9900/9930 screen is a landscape screen. The keyboard is directly below the screen. It is PERMANENTLY locked in landscape. You cannot in any way view the 9900/9930 in portrait viewing mode.

The 9800/9810 screen can be used in landscape and in portrait. In portrait mode you have the option to slide the keyboard down from the back of the phone or to use an on screen virtual keyboard to type. When in landscape mode you have the option of using a virtual on screen keyboard only.

I really hope I answered your question. So if I did! Clickem mah Thanks button! Take Care!
    m.seif and llamax like this.
    09-10-11 06:05 PM
    I dont understand what you asking. You word things very strangely and it almost sounds like English is not your native tongue.... but whatever Ill give it a shot!

The 9900/9930 screen is a landscape screen. The keyboard is directly below the screen. It is PERMANENTLY locked in landscape. You cannot in any way view the 9900/9930 in portrait viewing mode.

The 9800/9810 screen can be used in landscape and in portrait. In portrait mode you have the option to slide the keyboard down from the back of the phone or to use an on screen virtual keyboard to type. When in landscape mode you have the option of using a virtual on screen keyboard only.

I really hope I answered your question. So if I did! Clickem mah Thanks button! Take Care!
    Thank you for the detailed answer . You sound pretty sue of the fact, so then, nothing left to say, because I was wondering myself, why having a 2nd screen direction with no KB in that direction.
    What confused me, is that it is mentioned on some sites, that it has accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate. Please see GSM arena for example.

As for the Torch I own one myself and I know everything about it.
    Thanks again, and I have pushed the Thanks button.

By the way , yes English is not my native language, but I did not know that my English is so bad !!!
    09-11-11 04:00 AM
    By the way , yes English is not my native language, but I did not know that my English is so bad !!!
    Your English is fine. Don't worry. As for the accelerometer, it's mostly there for apps. I assure you that the screen does not rotate to portrait mode. I'd hate it if it did!
    m.seif and Spawn12 like this.
    09-11-11 04:42 AM
    The Bank of America app strangely works only in portrait mode on my 9900....
    09-11-11 07:32 AM
    The Bank of America app strangely works only in portrait mode on my 9900....
    Can you post a screen shot for the app on the portrait screen? Thanks
    09-11-11 07:36 AM
    xazizx88 likes this.
    09-11-11 08:59 AM
    Can someone help me to know why RIM has adopted 2 screen modes , without having a KB for the portrait mode ? Is it only to view very few pics that are best viewed there ? I can not imagine watching videos or browsing the net is fun in that mode ?
    We now have to install 3rd party app to lock in the LS in all applications , and we have to do that every time we make a reboot.
    You must be kidding asking this question.....RIM was so late to the party with this, why do you think people love browsing on an iPhone, which has no hard keyboard in any mode? Some programs are best viewed in portrait mode, some not. Berryweather is a good example, in vertical mode you get 4 days forecast, in horizontal mode you get 7 days. The browser STILL needs work, but it's lightyears better than previous browsers, and if you use it in wifi mode, it's pretty darn fast.
    09-11-11 09:27 AM
    Your English is fine. Don't worry. As for the accelerometer, it's mostly there for apps. I assure you that the screen does not rotate to portrait mode. I'd hate it if it did!
    PMSL and here i was thinking, my 9900 is faulty as it wouldnt rotate when i put it the 9900 on its side when viewing pics and videos
    09-11-11 09:37 AM
    I WANT to be able to rotate pics with the accelerometer on my 9900, and occasionally web sites, too. I'm actually quite disappointed this feature is not present.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 12:11 PM
    This thread just gave me a headache. LOL

09-11-11 12:22 PM
    You must be kidding asking this question.....RIM was so late to the party with this, why do you think people love browsing on an iPhone, which has no hard keyboard in any mode? Some programs are best viewed in portrait mode, some not. Berryweather is a good example, in vertical mode you get 4 days forecast, in horizontal mode you get 7 days. The browser STILL needs work, but it's lightyears better than previous browsers, and if you use it in wifi mode, it's pretty darn fast.
    Even though this was kind of a weird thread but it is a forum and m.self is aloud to ask anything he wants. It was actually a pretty civil thread right up to the point that the first comment you made coming late to the comments were: You must be kidding asking this question?? Why would he be? Like I said he is entitled just he same as you or anyone else. He was just asking for an explanation, no more , no less. Shame on your first part of how you started out your answer.
    DannyJK and m.seif like this.
    09-11-11 02:39 PM
    I WANT to be able to rotate pics with the accelerometer on my 9900, and occasionally web sites, too. I'm actually quite disappointed this feature is not present.

I agree

09-11-11 02:40 PM
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
    I just made this app to test.
    It adds 2 menu selections Portrait screen and Landscape screen.
    Open your Messages app. Hit Menu - Portrait screen. Exit. Open again and it will be in Portrait. Same with browser.
    Select Menu - Landscape screen. Exit. Open again and it's back to normal.
    The settings don't survive a reboot.
    Seems to only work with some apps.... It didn't fix my BoA app for example....

Todd
    http://www.gln.bz/dl/flop.jad
    09-11-11 03:05 PM
    Even though this was kind of a weird thread but it is a forum and m.self is aloud to ask anything he wants. It was actually a pretty civil thread right up to the point that the first comment you made coming late to the comments were: You must be kidding asking this question?? Why would he be? Like I said he is entitled just he same as you or anyone else. He was just asking for an explanation, no more , no less. Shame on your first part of how you started out your answer.
    AMEN to that brotha'!
    m.seif likes this.
    09-11-11 03:24 PM

You do realize the implications of rotating pics, right? Any photo you take sideways (portrait) will not be viewable on the phone unless you tilt your head, manually rotate the pic, or lock the accelerometer. It would always rotate sideways. Horizontal pics are a non-issue of course.

09-11-11 03:26 PM
    I'm confused why is this post in the torch 9800 section but when I click it is in bold 9900 section

09-11-11 03:47 PM
    You do realize the implications of rotating pics, right? Any photo you take sideways (portrait) will not be viewable on the phone unless you tilt your head, manually rotate the pic, or lock the accelerometer. It would always rotate sideways. Horizontal pics are a non-issue of course.

Yes, and yet the Storm and Torch have managed to deal with this issue just fine. The 99 can rotate pics by hitting "L", but it saves the rotation permanently. I want to be able to simply flip some pics sideways to view them larger without necessarily saving the rotation. A device with an accelerometer should have this feature standard, as most do.

09-11-11 05:56 PM
    Thank you for the detailed answer . You sound pretty sue of the fact, so then, nothing left to say, because I was wondering myself, why having a 2nd screen direction with no KB in that direction.
    What confused me, is that it is mentioned on some sites, that it has accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate. Please see GSM arena for example.

As for the Torch I own one myself and I know everything about it.
    Thanks again, and I have pushed the Thanks button.

Your English is JUST FINE, half these jerkoffs talking dont know a second language to begin with
    m.seif likes this.
    09-11-11 06:14 PM
    Yes, and yet the Storm and Torch have managed to deal with this issue just fine. The 99 can rotate pics by hitting "L", but it saves the rotation permanently. I want to be able to simply flip some pics sideways to view them larger without necessarily saving the rotation. A device with an accelerometer should have this feature standard, as most do.

Meh. The auto-rotate is perhaps the main reason why I didn't get one of the new Torches. I contemplated removing the actual accelerometer from the insides of my Torch.

09-11-11 06:26 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD