thought with these specs, it wouldnt be slow or freeze. opening up a bbm message it takes 5 seconds or more sometimes before i can type! when i exit back to homescreen, you can see the previous screen stuck in the middle. is this the .353 i have from sk telecom? i mean really. thinking of returning it.
    10-11-11 12:48 AM
    You probably have done the Device Switch Wizard method which sucks. Because you were probably upgrading from a phone with an earlier OS 5 or OS 6, the settings, options, app permissions from the previous device will fux0r your current BB

If you want to experience the real 9900 speed, backup using BlackBerry Desktop Manager (but create a Customer Backup where you select everything EXCEPT the Options and Application Permissions), wipe your device using BBSAK, and reinstall 353 or better yet, install the latest 400 OS which has much improved battery life and speed but DO NOT just upgrade from your current buggy 353 to 400 because that will leave you with the same problem, the ancient app permissions, settings, etc
    i wiped the 9900 using BBSAK, restore data using DM and still experiencing the occasional freeze/lag/screen stuck the OP mentioned. I backed up only several important items and probably including Option and Application Permission. Didn't know that those two might be causing the lags. I might try reloading the . 440 by using that method.
    10-11-11 02:47 AM
    It could be UIE (User Induced ERROR)

What had you done to your phone prior
    10-11-11 06:01 AM
    because RIM releases phones to manufacture before they finish writing the software.
    10-11-11 10:11 AM
    It could be UIE (User Induced ERROR)

What had you done to your phone prior
    Yes, since user error can make a phone slow. Thanks for your excellent reply.

Actually, I did the device switch. So thanks to the great replies letting me know NOT to do the device switch. I will only backup my word substitution list, contacts and whatever else I deem really important and then wipe and do a fresh install.

This is my 6th BlackBerry and I am a hardware technician in IT - definitely not user error. Lol.

Thanks for your input guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD