Missed the jack part, but I'd be giving it the finger for sure without a point/click device. Not saying the spastic track pad on my 9800 is anything like satisfactory, but it's better than nothing. Also it's on Verizon, which has no signal where I live, where I work, and where I play. Otherwise i like it a lot.
    05-28-11 06:44 PM
    Missed the jack part, but I'd be giving it the finger for sure without a point/click device. Not saying the spastic track pad on my 9800 is anything like satisfactory, but it's better than nothing. Also it's on Verizon, which has no signal where I live, where I work, and where I play. Otherwise i like it a lot.
    The full touchscreen made me forget about the trackpad, but what I do still miss are the dedicated send/end keys.
    05-28-11 09:11 PM
    The full touchscreen made me forget about the trackpad, but what I do still miss are the dedicated send/end keys.
    The new Bold 9900 does have dedicated send/end keys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-11 11:34 PM
    The new Bold 9900 does have dedicated send/end keys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i think he meant the fact that it's now a single strip of buttons unlike the separate ones on the 9780 - i don't see how it would affect it much tbh - but i've seen people on here be sceptical about that
    05-31-11 02:43 AM
    i think he meant the fact that it's now a single strip of buttons unlike the separate ones on the 9780 - i don't see how it would affect it much tbh - but i've seen people on here be sceptical about that
    No, he's talking about the Droid Pro not having them. I guess he got DP'ed. lol
    05-31-11 09:52 AM
    sg8330 RIM is not allowing Skype to function on their handset, just like the other apps I mentioned.

It's not about the carrier, it has nothing to do with the carrier. Skype-to-Skype calls, via Wi-Fi. Simple - where does the carrier enter in this equation? No where.

Nimbuzz response was this:

"We cannot provide Nimbuzz to Nimbuzz calls between two BlackBerry terminals or a BlackBerry terminal and a PC. We hope we can provide this for our fans in the near future if Research in Motion will decide to release the API."

That's what I got from them.
    RIM wont allow anything... they block whatever they don't like. Get yourself an Android device and you can do all that you want with it - without limitations!
    05-31-11 06:05 PM
    I hope you aren't serious as to how a carrier does not factor in to skype-to-skype wifi calls...
    05-31-11 06:06 PM
    Clearly the OP is a dirt brain and doesn't know that Skype and Verizon Wireless reached an exclusivity deal which allows VZW to be the only BB carrier to get Skype. Blame Skype or Blame Verizon - it has nothing to do with RIM at all.
    06-01-11 01:55 PM
    No, he's talking about the Droid Pro not having them. I guess he got DP'ed. lol
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I meant I miss having send/end keys from my BB days. This Droid Pro is pretty good, just got Gingerbread OS update yesterday and it's fast, but not having an end key to end a call in one click is very annoying.
    06-01-11 02:44 PM
    To the OP - could you use Google Voice? There's a Blackberry app for it and it's got pretty low international rates too and calls between the US and Canada are free. I'm not sure if its got free calling to other Google Voice numbers but it might.
    Google Voice is a nice option but unfortunately those outside the US can't use Google Voice, I'm in Canada and I can't subscribe to GV.
    06-01-11 04:04 PM
    I found it: the perfect replacement for the BB Bold 9900.
    Here it is: DROID Pro by MOTOROLA - Business Cell Phone - Experience - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Tell me why shouldn't I get this phone.
    You should test drive it, being in Canada, I can't bother with Motorola anymore, I've been using Motorola phones for 18 years but when I started using their smartphones (Milestone, Quench and Charm) I realized what a crap company they are outside the USA considering customer and device support (they'll just point you to supportforums.motorola.com and their OS update are almost non-existent).
    06-01-11 04:31 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD