I don't know what the dude is talking about. There's no CDMA in Sweden, nor in Europe for that matter. There were a few which either went bankrupt or have like 10 clients each. Other than that, we use SIM cards. Which we love.

And LTE is not 80Mbps so... I really don't know what "results came back" go to the webpage I gave you.
    05-15-11 10:03 AM
    I don't know what the dude is talking about. There's no CDMA in Sweden, nor in Europe for that matter. There were a few which either went bankrupt or have like 10 clients each. Other than that, we use SIM cards. Which we love.

And LTE is not 80Mbps so... I really don't know what "results came back" go to the webpage I gave you.
    My bad, I presumed lte was cdma as in US it seems to be, isn't it Verizon that has it? AT&T doesn't as far as I know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 10:23 AM
    Ok, to explain, I searched for 4G in Sweeden, results came back as the 4G being LTE and knowing that Verizon offers it in US, verizon being a cdma network, I presumed wrongly that LTE was cdma based.

05-15-11 10:30 AM
    IMO the Bold 9000 keyboard is the best one to date. The Curve keyboard was great too, but no other keyboard on any phone compares to the Bold 9000. The 9700/9780 were smaller variations of it, but didn't work for me. Same with the Tour. Only Bold closest to the 9000 was the 9650 but still didn't cut it. The size of the keyboard on the 9000 is perfect. Hearing that the 9900 keyboard is similar to the 9000 and same size, and better, is graceful music to my ears. Hopefully it lives up to its expectations. I can't wait to try it out.
    ^^^ This.

When RIM came out with the other smaller flavors of the Bold because some girlie-man people complained that the 9000 was too big, the comfort of the keyboard suffered. Now the 9900 is coming out with basically the same HxW dimensions as the 9000 with a slightly larger display, and and what looks like a minutely wider keyboard as well. This is showing all indications of being the cat's a$$ of the candybar form-factor phones.
    05-15-11 11:03 AM
    i am not getting this phone.
    i got 9780 the day it was released in my country..
    reasons.......
    New OS: No big hopes. (RIM was very fortunate about OS6..and now it's going to die)
    9000 looks: But with touch screen...(own iPod 4G for touch delights)
    ..................Battery is low powered
    ..................It mostly mimics Android/iOS/etc..
    this device is mostly for confused people who can't leave BB but are attracted to Androids/iOS/etc
    most noticeable update is.......
    email editor program is still same as OS4.x
    no new features like.. bold/ italic/ marker/ font colour/ highlighter/ table creation/ etc..
    and RIM says it's email device...
    common RIM.. Update email editor.. too..
    highlighting a text in makes a difference...
    So this is confirmed that i am not getting this device.
    05-15-11 01:04 PM
    reasons.......
    New OS: No big hopes. (RIM was very fortunate about OS6..and now it's going to die)
    this device is mostly for confused people who can't leave BB but are attracted to Androids/iOS/etc
    no new features like.. bold/ italic/ marker/ font colour/ highlighter/ table creation/ etc..

What are you talking about?

People for the most part are not getting this phone to get "delight" from the touchscreen. The touchscreen will make things more natural now but the trackpad will still be used.

I have a Droid X now and I bought it the day it was released. I have no idea how this phone copies Android at all. Maybe because it's touchscreen? I love my Droid X but I am way more efficient with a blackberry and the keyboards are just amazing.
    Last edited by F3AR; 05-15-11 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Typo
    05-15-11 01:10 PM

People for the most part are not getting this phone to get "delight" from the touchscreen. The touchscreen will make things more natural now but the trackpad will still be used.

I have a Droid X now and I bought it the day it was released. I have no idea how this phone copies Android at all. Maybe because it's touchscreen? I love my Droid X but I am way more efficient with a blackberry and the keyboards are just amazing.
    BB's are messaging device..
    but OS update doesn't provide any new messaging features... same old type/touch interface...
    most of OS is still the same other than icons/ rendering engine/ browser/ ..
    this OS is revolving around how it looks, it's media content.. where are core BB apps update.. todo still same, memo still same, email editor still same,
    what is new in this OS..
    ...some thing which is now available with iOS/ Android...
    now you can take...
    9999999P super duper HD videos, 99999999 MP camera.
    now you can waste more time watching movies..
    truth is most of people still use 8800/8830 ...non camera phones...
    RIM is following others path...
    not making one for themselves..
    this is just another blackberry...
    this is 9000 kirf from RIM
    Last edited by infinus; 05-15-11 at 01:30 PM.
    05-15-11 01:27 PM
    Just a reminder that this thread is titled 'Why I will buy this phone.' There are plenty of other threads in which to spout why you won't. Please use them and spare those of us who are anxiously awaiting the release of the 9900/9930.
    Masahiro likes this.
    05-15-11 01:50 PM
    Only thing I'm worried about is I have always used the Curve line (I think, can't remember fully) and although I hear from many that the Bold keyboard is better, the very few times I've used it, it seemed easier to press multiple buttons at once despite being slightly raised.

I'm hoping it's something that you naturally get used to, and also double good that the 9900 will have a bigger one. Anyway is this still not here, my phone is boring me.
    05-15-11 03:44 PM
    Only thing I'm worried about is I have always used the Curve line (I think, can't remember fully) and although I hear from many that the Bold keyboard is better, the very few times I've used it, it seemed easier to press multiple buttons at once despite being slightly raised.

I'm hoping it's something that you naturally get used to, and also double good that the 9900 will have a bigger one. Anyway is this still not here, my phone is boring me.
    Well, if the 9900 doesn't do it for ya, there's a new Curve coming soon too!
    05-15-11 06:08 PM
    Well, if the 9900 doesn't do it for ya, there's a new Curve coming soon too!
    pfft I go big or go home
    05-15-11 06:40 PM
    Browser!!!!!

05-15-11 07:28 PM
    reasons.......
    What what I understand about the battery looking under powered:

They have new hardware in the phone that is better at battery management. They are saying it will have battery life that compares to the older phones, which is pretty good.

So it looks like having the smaller battery will be fine

05-16-11 03:21 AM

+1

I am not in the least interested in, or hyped about the touch screen. I WILL be using the trackpad 90% of the time, but pinch-to-zoom on the touch screen will be a nice bonus.

No, I'm getting this for the form-factor of the original 9000, plus the super-thinness and the great keyboard. That's everything I want/need.

Extra features, OS7 etc... meh... I'll wait and see, but not too worried about those.
    05-16-11 04:59 AM
    I have been a long time BlackBerry user: Curve 8330 -> Storm 2 -> Tour (short lived when an OS update killed my Storm).

At the end, my Storm 2 was crashing constantly, very laggy and just not all that great. I switched to the iPhone and, while I so love it, I still miss my BlackBerry.

I'm due for a NE2 in December and think I am going to scoop up this device. It's going to have all the features I love: physical (BlackBerry) keyboard, snappy processor, plenty of RAM, OS 7, BBM, can view HTML emails properly (my phone is for personal use and most companies send out HTML emails and on old BBs they never rendered properly) plus the assortment of other BB features that I love! I've taken several "vacations" from BlackBerry to try Android and iOS but I think I'm just suppose to be a BB man!
    05-26-11 10:02 AM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD