I'm interested in seeing the browser operated on a bigger/faster processor.Also curious to operate the touchscreen.This will be my first foray into that field.
    05-12-11 07:00 AM
    I'm interested because my 9700 is really short on resources for OS6, and the 9780 wasn't enough of a bump to throw away my upgrade discount on. Was originally wanting to wait for the Torch 2 (assuming it came to T-Mobile), but now having a PlayBook reduces the need for a large touch-screen on my phone. (And I hate typing on touchscreen keyboards, all of them, I don't care who makes them.)
    05-12-11 07:10 AM
    All the above plus premium docs to go preloaded.
    05-12-11 07:13 AM
    I will but I would like to disable touch
    05-12-11 07:37 AM
    because I miss my old curve 8310 massivley! I thought iPhones and windows phones could fill the void but they haven't!

the new bold just looks and speaks quality. this also fills the void for me between full touch screen and real keyboard. ive had all touch screen phones for the past 2-3 years

but now ill have the amazing keyboard of a blackberry, and the convenience of a touch screen that im so used to

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 07:57 AM
    I'm using my upgrade that i've had for almost a year now, and my contract with Sprint expires on June 07th, so I will be definatley getting the Bold 9930 for $199.00 (hopefully Sprint will still have the instant rebate program going, that'll save me $100.00 that I wont have to "loan" Sprint for 6-8 weeks lol) I've had my Curve 8330 for over 2yrs now, have passed on the Tour, the crappy made Curves, the Bold 9650 and the Style, Just hoping and waitng that RIM will FINALLY put out a device that would be somewhat on the level of the Evo or iphone, the Bold 9930 comes close, and it's close enough for me...a bran new OS7 , 1.2GHZ snapdragon processor, 8GB internal media AND a touchscreen/full qwerty keyboard the vids they've shown pretty much nailed it for me...THIS IS THE device! for the next 2yrs i'll be very content and happy using my 9930 until 2013 and the QNX OS w/4G BlackBerrys' will be over a year old and running fantastic...now Sprint, get the lead out and give me my Bold 9930 before the end of June!
    05-12-11 08:24 AM
    I'm gonna get it (most likely) because I'm growing sick of Android and the iPhone isn't available on my carrier :P
    What is it about Android that's making you sick? I'm having a hard time deciding between this and the Samsung Galaxy S II.
    05-12-11 01:46 PM
    I'm switching back mainly because the browser is supposed to be on par with other major devices, BBM, and the physical keyboard. The touch screen is a plus!
    05-12-11 02:10 PM
    Everything I already love about BB, plus;
    - touch screen
    - upgraded processor & display
    - upgraded OS & browser (and whatever new goodies come with it)
    - that big beautiful BB keyboard (the one thing I really miss on the Torch)
    05-12-11 02:36 PM
    I'll be honest, my Tour has stood the test of time. 2 years, no issues, no problems. A true Trooper. It has served it's time, and is looking forward to a proper retirement. The 9930 is the next phone I will own. And I'm Pretty Proud of what RIM has done.

The 9930 looks to be the best phone on the market. And it hasn't even dropped yet. Once it does, I'm sure that many naysayers and doubters will have to give RIM the credit they deserve.

05-12-11 02:48 PM
    How do you all know that this is "the best keyboard"? Have you tried all the others? Or better yet, have you even touched the keyboard of the 9900?
    05-12-11 02:57 PM
    How do you all know that this is "the best keyboard"? Have you tried all the others? Or better yet, have you even touched the keyboard of the 9900?
    I had a 9000 (still sitting in a box, sometimes begging to be sim'd again!), and I've messed with others. 9000's keyboard is easily the best one out there. If the 9900 is anything like it -- and it looks to be very close -- it's a can't miss.
    05-12-11 03:03 PM
    Those who have touched the 9900 keyboard have loved it, and said it's a mix between the size of the 9000 with the stiffer response of the 9780/9800. So those of us with older devices can imagine what the keyboard will be like, use the information available, and then make our decision as to what we think from there.
    05-12-11 03:14 PM
    Love everything about it, from specs to looks to form factor. GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!!!

For those that want to disable the touch screen, its very simple to do -- just dont touch the screen... lol
    05-12-11 03:20 PM
    I will buy this phone because...

It is the ideal form factor.

I have been waiting on it since ATT failed to pick up the 9780 and my ancient Curve 8310 failed on me.

At that point I had to go to a hand-me-down iPhone 3G. I enjoy the touch screen navigation. I LOATHE the touch screen typing, even after months and months. It will never be as quick as it was on a BB keyboard, and my primary phone use is texting or emailing. Solution? The Bold Touch.

Why I won't miss the iPhone?

Don't use many apps besides Words with Friends, weather stuff, maps, etc.

It is not as fast as the model was cracked up to be when it came out.

The browsing isn't exactly wonderful either. The phone can be quite glitchy in both every day use and browsing.

The battery life is just okay.

I know, I'm comparing the Bold Touch to an older iPhone, but no newer iPhone can really rectify the issues I have with my current one. I will always hate the typing, the text selection, etc, which is my main issue. I probably won't become any more of an app user so there's little to miss in that aspect. And the Bold Touch appears as snappy or snappier than the current iPhone, and I may not be able to wait on iPhone 5 to try to win me over. Android is simply not my thing. I don't want a near tablet sized device in my pocket with screen quality so nice I can pinpoint a freckle on Harry Potter's face. If I want to watch Harry Potter I'll do it on a laptop at the least, and I have no problem sacrificing screen size and quality for battery life.

In conclusion, BRING ME THE BOLD TOUCH BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND.
    05-12-11 03:28 PM
    The browser will really be the determining factor if I drop my Droid Pro and come back to BB. If it's even close to what my DP can do while browsing.....
    05-12-11 04:45 PM
    I have a 9780 on Vodafone in Spain....last month my wife moved back to the USA and picked up a 9800. I just got here and after setting up the phone for my wife (as one does) I really, really like the 9800 but I have a feeling that os 7 and the form factor of the 9900 are going to be amazing. If the 9800 were to come out with the new os I would go for it.
    Last edited by torrejonboy; 05-12-11 at 06:40 PM.
    05-12-11 06:35 PM
    i dunno. yeah this will be the best of blackberry but that doesn't mean much to me anymore. i keep upgrading and each upgrade is slightly better than previous beyyer but not then competitors. im really waiting for a qnx based OS. till then its just the same old in a slightly better package.

"At a time when the company needs to be taking bold steps, he writes, the BlackBerry maker is engaged instead in a game of incrementalism."

Research In Motion: Time Has Come For A Change At The Top - Eric Savitz - The Tech Trade - Forbes
    05-12-11 06:44 PM
    i dunno. yeah this will be the best of blackberry but that doesn't mean much to me anymore. i keep upgrading and each upgrade is slightly better than previous beyyer but not then competitors. im really waiting for a qnx based OS. till then its just the same old in a slightly better package.

"At a time when the company needs to be taking bold steps, he writes, the BlackBerry maker is engaged instead in a game of incrementalism."

Research In Motion: Time Has Come For A Change At The Top - Eric Savitz - The Tech Trade - Forbes
    I think that article might've hit it on the head, I don't follow RIM all that close, as I have moved away from their products, but at a time where they are still really profitable alas stagnant a shake up could be a good. But, while a little late to the party, they are pumping out devices like the Playbook. An all new device for them, which has been received positively for the most part.

I understand where you're coming from with the incremental changes upgrading from one phone to the next, but how much change can you expect year over year? I assume you are referring to the OS and not the hardware? For my self, I have been through a couple different devices, where getting the Bold Touch will seem superior to the last Blackberry device I had, the original Storm.
    05-12-11 06:57 PM
    Otterbox it!

Yup. That otter do it!
    05-12-11 07:13 PM

I love these armchair quarterbacks and all their pontificating on everything wrong with RIM. Exactly what kind of aggressive changes do these guys think are possible without alienating a significant segment of their existing and still very loyal customer base? Yes, RIM needs to kick it up in the hardware department -- and they're doing that. And I'll admit that they could use a more personable and relate-able corporate mouthpiece. But what else are they supposed to do that requires such a radical management shake-up? There's no shortage of opinions on the problems at RIM, but I'm seeing damn little in the way of viable solutions.

And exactly how did this topic end up in a thread about why we will buy this BlackBerry????????????
    Last edited by 18to12fitty; 05-12-11 at 08:51 PM.
    05-12-11 08:46 PM
    I was going to upgrade this month to get rid of my trackball mainly; the Tour works fine for what I need it for otherwise.

But with the touch screen AND BB keyboard? I'll wait thank you.

Why? Cause I can
    05-13-11 04:09 PM
    Keyboard, HD video, Browser, OS, no more sliding up to get to the best keyboard on the planet and last but not least its a BLACKBERRY...

did i mention keyboard?
    05-13-11 07:58 PM
    Why I will buy this phone. I'm tired of typing on glass. The awesome keyboard speed overall of the phone. Faster browser, A international phone again . A really solid communication device. I can see having this a year and thats a while for me . If i get bored I will just give the wife my Ipad2 and get a playbook when a 3g becomes available.
    05-13-11 08:46 PM
    My upgrade comes up in August...and it's gonna come down to the 9900 and the iPhone 5 for me. I'll always have a warm place in my heart for BlackBerry...but for me, this is the last ditch effort for RIM to woo me back into the fold. If the browser still sucks...if OS7 isn't better than the OS6 was on the 9780 even...if the whole experience isn't a huge step from the 9700 (which is a damn good phone)...

...no, I won't buy this phone, and Apple will again get my vote.

But, if RIM puts their best foot forward and really mates the amazing keyboard and roomy size of the 9000 with a great, fast and smooth multi-touch experience...

...I'll come back to BlackBerry with the 9900, and won't look back.
    05-13-11 10:20 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD