Pretty sure they fixed that a couple years ago, I remember that in the news.
    It was considered a big deal at the time.

I doubt I'll ever use mobile payment apps on either of my phones. Too much crap in one place -- a Pearl Harbor of data.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-03-17 04:27 PM
    ...I read tales of crappy browsers and Docs to Go being bad news on BBX, etc. etc. I'm confused by the variety of results and ain't tekno logical enough to sort it all out. Is it just the luck of the draw, so try the OS that seems to work for the most people? DtG needs to be at least as useful as the 9900s, plus with more current file types of course. In other words, it's crap compared to what exactly, and what is it not able to do now, free from speculations about future fixes? I'll generally drink hemlock before using anything Google other than Youtube, the BB app situation was pretty pitiful back in my brief q10 days, and my slab is a Windows Phone, so my need for apps is obviously pretty small, especially the social ones. I've already hunted around here for hours and don't know where else to turn, so thanks for any assistance.
    I've never had any issues with the BlackBerry 10 browser or BlackBerry 10 DtG. Of course, I've never put any crap Android stuff on my Passport, either.

The 9900 browser is no longer robustly usable, sad to say. It does work with some sites.

05-03-17 04:39 PM
    Every time I make a sans Bluetooth call with my Bold, I'm reminded the form factor is _perfect_ for calls.

So elegant.

idssteve likes this.
    05-03-17 04:42 PM
    It was considered a big deal at the time.

I doubt I'll ever use mobile payment apps on either of my phones. Too much crap in one place -- a Pearl Harbor of data.

I find myself now using applePay and using debit after putting it into the device. I NEVER thought I would ever give into this but I feel pretty secure with it more and more.

I was considering using the PayPal app but then I read that apps track too much data so it might be better just to use the desktop site for things like EBay, etc.....

Still researching.....
    05-03-17 07:59 PM
    David Tyler: Thanks for the **** re 9900 browser and BB10.
    05-05-17 01:08 AM
    While my Bold browser is the dregs compared to the Q10, the Bold seems better: Trackpad/toolbelt, data-sipping audio- streaming, all the apps I actually use, and more reliable coverage when out in the country. I carry a second device on hikes just so I can take a reasonably good picture though.

As I mentioned elsewhere this morning, the Bold hotspot on OS 7.1 actually works, and can easily stream video on a BB10 without stuttering, much to my amazement. So I get my emails on several devices and open the more interesting topics on a B 10 using my BB Bold's connection.
    rayporsche likes this.
    08-13-17 01:17 PM
    How is the Priv 32GB?
    07-10-18 09:00 AM
82 ... 234