Just returned mine to Verizon (online ordered), trackpad died out of the blue.

This phone blows.

Come flame me, I don't care.

Theres way too many RIM employees here that attack the messengers.
    08-18-11 01:25 PM
    Just returned mine to Verizon (online ordered), trackpad died out of the blue.

This phone blows.

Come flame me, I don't care.

Theres way too many RIM employees here that attack the messengers.
    Sorry to hear that. Was there anything else you disliked about the phone that led to you to not just asking for a new one?

When I got my 9800 originally it was faulty. It seemed to overheat/crash. I swapped it at the Rogers store with a new one and haven't had a problem since then.
    08-18-11 01:36 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Was there anything else you disliked about the phone that led to you to not just asking for a new one?

When I got my 9800 originally it was faulty. It seemed to overheat/crash. I swapped it at the Rogers store with a new one and haven't had a problem since then.
    Check out his thread... . Bottom line, he didn't like that it had a touchscreen............ ya
    08-18-11 01:38 PM
    Position the camera at about 20cm from the text, that seems to be the sweet spot, then zoom into the text. If indoors use the flash as it helps clear the text and doesn't distort the pictures as it normaly would when you take close up pics with autofocus as you would be very close to the text.

It's more then good enough for me if I need to send signatures to a client.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Have you used one of the free pdf scanners made for the previous blackberry devices?
    ...Have you found a way to create an acceptable pdf from the 9900?
    08-18-11 02:00 PM
    Have you used one of the free pdf scanners made for the previous blackberry devices?
    ...Have you found a way to create an acceptable pdf from the 9900?
    Yes, free app from appworld and I just turned the pic I posted earlier into a pdf file.
    08-18-11 02:12 PM
    Its not like apple comes out with different phones and their os has been the same for 4 gens already and they come out with the same damn phone every year. The only thing that keeps apple going is there apps and they didn't even come up with that the jailbreakers did. And atleast you can get reception unlike the ip4 when it came out. Oh did I mention the money apple charges you for "a 3-4v upgrade" and that multitasking didn't become until 4 gen of iphone

08-18-11 02:27 PM
    Its not like apple comes out with different phones and their os has been the same for 4 gens already and they come out with the same damn phone every year. The only thing that keeps apple going is there apps and they didn't even come up with that the jailbreakers did. And atleast you can get reception unlike the ip4 when it came out. Oh did I mention the money apple charges you for "a 3-4v upgrade" and that multitasking didn't become until 4 gen of iphone

I'm no fan of the iphone either... but they do have a much better browsing experience, camera, video chat, etc. but i guess that isnt for everybody either
    08-18-11 02:37 PM
    Heh. This thread isn't about iPhones...

I might consider grabbing a 9810 in a month or two after I see what progress is made in OS7 via leaks/official OS releases.

I know I said I wasn't a fan of the sliding device or the keyboard but the 9810 does actually solve the hardware complaints I had about the 9900 and once the OS matures a bit the software problems will go away.

I don't think I have the will power to hold out until QNX BB's
    08-18-11 02:52 PM
    LOL @ Verizon.

I got the confirmation email for a new 9930 (trackpad died after less than 1 day) and they got my zip code completely wrong on the order.

What a failure.

08-18-11 03:07 PM
    I can say so far I am enjoying my 9930, but part of me is wondering IF I should exchange it (if there is time enough) for a 9850. I had the two previous storms so I feel RIM may get this one, but I truly want a keyboard.

So you are not alone in thinking there is compromises in a BB but I still have about 10 days to decide.
    08-18-11 08:31 PM
    you are too picky, mate. There is no phone in the world that you'd like.
    08-18-11 08:55 PM
    Thanks to the OP for posting this, I am hesitant to get one as I don't want to lock myself in a 2 year contract for something I will end up disliking.
    08-18-11 09:05 PM
    I can say so far I am enjoying my 9930, but part of me is wondering IF I should exchange it (if there is time enough) for a 9850. I had the two previous storms so I feel RIM may get this one, but I truly want a keyboard.

So you are not alone in thinking there is compromises in a BB but I still have about 10 days to decide.
    Return it before the trial is up and wait for the 9850 and then you can check them out side by side.

Why does everyone have to blow their,,... Now. Why not be smart about it and take advantage of the trials like they were meant to be used? You will have the phone for at least a couple of years. Right?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-18-11 at 09:27 PM.
    08-18-11 09:24 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD