Hey there! Please let us know what you love about your new Bold Touch. I'm trying to decide whether to buy the 9900. So, for those of us that are still deciding whether to get the 9900/9930, please list all the positives about this phone in real daily use.

For all of us current blackberry owners who are still on the fence, and for those out there that are debating whether to leave their Iphone, Android, or other devices behind for a new Bold.

Cheers
    08-19-11 01:36 PM
    Battery life sucks, same old OS. How's that?!? lol

I love to hate my blackberry.
    Last edited by dcgore; 08-19-11 at 01:40 PM.
    08-19-11 01:38 PM
    Battery life sucks, same old OS. How's that?!? lol
    Really!?! There aren't enough negative threads for you to troll on? Grow up, man.
    08-19-11 01:41 PM
    Hey there! Please let us know what you love about your new Bold Touch. I'm trying to decide whether to buy the 9900. So, for those of us that are still deciding whether to get the 9900/9930, please list all the positives about this phone in real daily use.

For all of us current blackberry owners who are still on the fence, and for those out there that are debating whether to leave their Iphone, Android, or other devices behind for a new Bold.

Cheers
    Really!?! There aren't enough negative threads for you to troll on? Grow up, man.
    I am respectfully posting my opinion but i think you're looking for a bias opinion on things. Let's say the device is a total plop (i guess i have to clarify now im trying to make an argument here and it is not) why would you want me to tell you a lie?
    08-19-11 01:49 PM
    The keyboard itself is a good enough reason to get this bad boy!!!
    08-19-11 01:52 PM
    Keyboard is a dream to use... The browser, while not perfect, is good enough where I don't mind using it whereas on the torch, the lagging and checkerboarding made the experience a pain... The combination of the keyboard and touch screen is better than the torch because of the instant access to the keys...

I do miss the screen real estate of the torch but the keyboard more than makes up for it...
    08-19-11 02:04 PM
    Keyboard and BB7
    08-19-11 02:08 PM
    The design of the unit as well as the feel/form factor are impeccable. The browser is top notch, the combo touch screen and trackpad are like batman and robin (dynamic duo). The keyboard is ridiculously good...i mean ridiculously good. I could never go back to a 9780 form factor...not for me, keys too small by comparison. This Wikitude app looks like something special once I figure it out lol. And once NFC becomes more prevelant this phone is a beast.
    08-19-11 02:09 PM
    OP: I think it also depends on what device you might be coming from. If you are coming from an ip4 or droid you might be disappointed, but if you are coming from another BB model, you should be pleasantly surprised
    08-19-11 02:10 PM
    This OP requested information about why people LIKE their phones. I don't see where they solicited your NEGATIVE "bias" go to another thread if you just have to write your "opinion".

If you don't like the content of this thread pass it up. Don't stir the pot by being obstinate.

I am respectfully posting my opinion but i think you're looking for a bias opinion on things. Let's say the device is a total plop (i guess i have to clarify now im trying to make an argument here and it is not) why would you want me to tell you a lie?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BigNL likes this.
    08-19-11 02:13 PM
    This OP requested information about why people LIKE their phones. I don't see where they solicited your NEGATIVE "bias" go to another thread if you just have to write your "opinion".

If you don't like the content of this thread pass it up. Don't stir the pot by being obstinate.
    I see your point, i still respectfully disagree.
    08-19-11 02:17 PM
    Well, I'm doing my best to love my new Droid Incredible 2. Honestly, I have actually trying.

These droids have TONS of features and the web experience is somewhat richer than my 9650 bold.

However, having an android is like standing in a hardware store up to your neck in tools.... zillions of tools.... but all you want is a hammer and a nail! Sure, it's there, but it just manages to be too much work to get to it.

And the whole touch screen, glass slab affair is too fiddly and delicate. I physically abuse my blackberry, but would never dream of putting this glass slab through the same gauntlet. So great, now I have this damn delicate egg to carry in my pocket!... another worrisome chore.

...and don't get me started on signal/reception issues. Where my bold has two bars, my Incredible gets zero bars... all I see is a big "X"... no signal at all.

So in areas of weaker signals, I have a fiddly piece of useless glass that I have to treat like a delicate china dish. SWEET!!!
    08-19-11 02:18 PM
    Keyboard is a dream to use... The browser, while not perfect, is good enough where I don't mind using it whereas on the torch, the lagging and checkerboarding made the experience a pain... The combination of the keyboard and touch screen is better than the torch because of the instant access to the keys...

I do miss the screen real estate of the torch but the keyboard more than makes up for it...
    Thanks. My only real concern is about the size of the screen coming from the torch, so appreciated your last point. Would you ever consider going back to the torch for the big screen at all 9810), or no way, and you're sticking with the 9900?

08-19-11 02:18 PM
    Fair enough, man.

08-19-11 02:20 PM
    People talk about the OS as in same old OS. I personally think iPhone OS is boring as well as Android. Yes the BB code is a little old but i prefer the OS much more. Hate that you need to reboot to delete an app. But hey QNX is coming. Love the 9900. Great device
    08-19-11 02:26 PM
    ... Please let us know what you love about your new Bold Touch 9930...
    I am a long time Bold 9650 (Verizon) user. I used it for daily business. MS Exchange email via BES at work - perfect, seamless sync with Outlook contacts, email, tasks, etc. - you know the drill. I travel globally.

After I upgraded my 9650 to OS 6.x I almost abandoned Blackberry altogether. This OS never should have been allowed on 9650. Period. So frustrated with the browser and reduction in performance I nearly tossed the phone. RIMs stupidest move so far (and they have made plenty)

I had a choice between iphone4 and Bold 9930. My wife is an avid iphone user, so I know what they are all about and have test driven. It was close, but I went w/ 9930 for the keyboard - period.

After a week I have no regrets. As far as I am concerned, best BBY yet.

Why? What is better than 9650? Everything! i.e......

1) The keyboard. (Did I mention the keyboard?) Slightly bigger is WAY better and tactile snap is great.
    2) All around speed - opening apps, loading pages, emails, snappy snappy
    3) Display size and resolution huge improvement over 9650
    4) Browser actually works - touch screen and speed are why. Pinch-zoom and touch-pan work great
    5) Touch screen - don't use it a lot, but greatly speeds up certain tasks (opening apps, swiping screens, and web browsing)
    6) Thinner and lighter. Even though slightly wider and longer, it feels better in my pocket and in my hands (get your mind out of the gutter!).

What don't I like?

1) I would still prefer to set my browser to text-only and then touch and load images of my own choosing - it is BS that the touch context menu doesn't offer this when load-images is turned off.

That is all. Really. Battery life is just fine for me and I have GPS & WiFi on most of the time. I do charge nightly.

Jep
    10-04-11 05:10 PM
    I forgot to add...

7) The ability to set Google as my default search (Verizon had locked out this ability on 9650 and forced Bing down our throats - don't get me started).
    10-04-11 05:14 PM
    touch and type are perfect ,i use touch to navigate more than trackpad its very fast,and o got the best kb to type,bigger ,more res wider screen and overall faster ,now im always browse internet on a phone
    10-04-11 05:24 PM
    I'm comming from the Tour, which was my first BB. I LOVE my 9930!!! Not that it's been said before, but the keyboard is like an orgazm to my fingers!! It is amazing!! The second I got this phone in my hands, it was a match made in heaven! The combination of touchscreen and the full keyboard is pure bliss for me. I love the touch screen to navigate, and I love the keyboard (over touchscreen) for typing! This phone is hands down the best phone I've ever owned! You will not be disappointed!

-RYknow

10-04-11 06:12 PM
    I'm coming to the 9930 from a Storm2, and I had the same concerns. I love the 9930 -- now that the battery issue is taken care of, I have awesome battery life; the keyboard is a dream to type on, incredibly responsive. I find myself using the Bold more often than the PlayBook for answering emails now.

Speed -- wicked fast. Call quality -- excellent. Sound (for music and podcasts) is excellent too. Love the browser; love the camera (it takes a little getting used to, but the quality is fantastic, especially the videos).

I also thought I might be annoyed by the combo of the trackpad and touch screen, but I find the combination intuitive and useful. The screen is smaller, yes -- but you can pinch-zoom just about everything! Not to mention -- and this is my favorite feature, coming from OS4/5 -- being able to change the font and font size is fantastic for my "old eyes!"

Another plus -- it seems to weigh about half of what my Storm2 did... : )
    10-04-11 06:33 PM
    The keyboard is #1 for me and the combination touch screen and track pad make navigation a breeze. The other is the size , weight and overfeel of the device makes is a great phone. Also the call quality is awsome on the bold you can't go wrong.

John Yester likes this.
    10-04-11 07:35 PM
    I have had almost every BlackBerry since the 8100 and this BlackBerry is the best one yet. It feels expensive, and you almost wouldn't be able to tell that the people responsible for the 8320 are responsible for this! The screen is just vibrant, the speaker is rich, the keyboard is so fun to type on. You don't really realize how helpful and useful the touchscreen is until you swap sims into your previous Berry. Now whenever I use my 9780, it just feels like it's not even a Bold. I don't see the big deal with the iOS and Android platform, I love how BlackBerrys just work, and part of me is sad to change to QNX (though I do love my PlayBook).

The only downside would be battery life, but I mainly keep it plugged in at work or in my car, and to tell you the truth, it hasn't completely died on me once yet, so I don't know why I'm b1tching.

All in all, if you're even thinking about getting the 9900/9930, I say do it. It is a huge update to whatever you have now. I was pretty satisfied with my 9780, and felt a little bad about the T-Mobile pricing... but now? I can't imagine going back to the 9780 for anything more than a few hours, and the cost of it? Totally worth it.
    PondHockey likes this.
    10-04-11 07:43 PM
    I LOVE my 9900! Beautiful design the screen is awesome. The keyboard is OUTSTANDING! I switched back to blackberry after having a hellish experience with the Moto Atrix so all the other features of owning a blackberry was my reason for going back but I must say this is the best blackberry I ever owned. pull the trigger on this one you won't regret it!
    10-04-11 08:06 PM
    I forgot to add...

7) The ability to set Google as my default search (Verizon had locked out this ability on 9650 and forced Bing down our throats - don't get me started).
    How exactly do I set google as my default search engine. When you to into manage search engines and plug in the google address it tells me I am unable to set it as my search. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

10-04-11 08:14 PM
    Build quality!
    Screen resolution
    Keyboard
    Overall feel
    Size
    Excellent battery life

Most of all it is a communication workhorse.
    10-04-11 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD