Yeah, but correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't this been an issue more or less since day one rather than just since .540 came out, and aren't some people still reporting it in the 7.1 build too ?

If it has been a constant problem the surely this can't be why .540 has been withdrawn.
    It's been a problem for me since I got the phone with .296 on it. I only made that point in reference to another post - but bizarrely both their post and my original post have disappeared now .... ?
    12-02-11 05:30 AM
    Ive been running 540 on my 9900 for a couple of weeks now and its been near enough perfect...i havent had any major issues or bugs to speak of. I did load up the leaked 7.1 OS and found that gave me major headaches so reverted to 540.

Interesting that RIM has pulled it and even more interesting that we dont know the exact reason why they pulled it.
    12-02-11 06:36 AM
    Interesting that RIM has pulled it and even more interesting that we dont know the exact reason why they pulled it.
    And with RIM's track record we probably never will !!!!!!
    12-02-11 07:11 AM
    Here's VF UK's tech team response

"Hi

Looking at the list of firmware releases we haven't released that firmware. If we had and it got pulled it would have said. With you being on a different firmware and having any issues, I would recommend downloading the latest firmware from that site.

Thanks"

Lol. In denial?
    12-02-11 09:57 AM

"Hi

Looking at the list of firmware releases we haven't released that firmware. If we had and it got pulled it would have said. With you being on a different firmware and having any issues, I would recommend downloading the latest firmware from that site.

Thanks"

Lol. In denial?
    Thanks Vodafone ......... What a load of bollocks !!! I downloaded .540 from the Vodafone UK BlackBerry page myself, never released it my arse.

We had been warned by DM UK what a waste of time the Vodafone e.forum is and this surely proves that as always he was right.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 12-02-11 at 10:14 AM.
    12-02-11 10:06 AM

"Hi

Thanks"

Lol. In denial?
    Painful...

I told him what I thought of his reply
    quattrojames likes this.
    12-02-11 11:01 AM
    Whatever the reason, I downgraded my 540 to 503. On 504 my signal and wifi both seemed quite weak at times while on 503 I had no complaints
    12-02-11 12:30 PM
    Lol, leave 'em alone. They're simple creatures the eForum mods, sadly, they're the best of the entire CSR lot, lol.
    12-02-11 01:56 PM
    Whatever the reason, I downgraded my 540 to 503. On 504 my signal and wifi both seemed quite weak at times while on 503 I had no complaints
    I too have abandoned .540 as a result of it having been withdrawn by the carriers but have gone for the leaked 7.1 rather than back to.503

PS

Just checked the Vodafone UK BlackBerry e.forum and someone from Voda has finally admitted that they did have it as an official release but have no idea why it has been pulled and didn't know that it had been until Phill UK told them in his post !!!
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 12-02-11 at 02:04 PM.
    12-02-11 01:56 PM
    As said 24hrs ago, I've already been told RIM pulled it across EMEA - that's the best answer you're going to get really, you guys really shouldn't waste your time in that eForum. It will drain your lives.

If RIM reply to me why it was pulled I'll let you know.

I also listed some handy contact info for you lot to get through to people who sometimes know what they're talking about, about a page or so back.
    12-02-11 03:11 PM
    Hmm, .540 has been rock-solid on my 9900, but I had to find an alternate mirror site to get an official .540 (Voda Ireland). I noticed that every site I went to had reverted to an older version. That said, I am running .540 on both my 9900 (for weeks now) and my kids' 9860 (2 days). We'll see how it goes.
    12-02-11 04:35 PM
    To follow this up, i now have 2 bars wifi in the place downstairs that it would drop off completely on 540 everytime without fail
    12-02-11 04:42 PM
    I'm perfectly happy with .540 and loathe to revert to .503, so I'll stick with it and hope for the best...
    12-03-11 08:20 AM
    I'm perfectly happy with .540 and loathe to revert to .503, so I'll stick with it and hope for the best...
    You could consider giving the leaked 7.1 a try, by all accounts it seems to be better than .540.
    12-03-11 08:43 AM
    You could consider giving the leaked 7.1 a try, by all accounts it seems to be better than .540.
    As far as OS7 is concerned .540 is a good stable build.

As for OS7.1 though .74 is a very early and buggy build.

No contest
    ericoen likes this.
    12-03-11 09:12 AM

No contest
    Just got my 9900 and hesitating whether i should stick with the .261 for a couple days or straight to .540. After seeing your post, I think I will take the plunge and upgrade to 540, I too have been hearing nice stuffs about 540 from my friends. The thing with vodafone pulling the .540 updates made me think a couple times, am afraid to brick/nuke my brand new 9900. Witnessed first hand my friend's 9900 bricked, went to 2 stores to try and revive the handset and after a couple of hours they gave up. Had no choice but to claim the warranty.

Thanks a bunch phil.
    12-03-11 09:51 AM
    I thought it was just me?! Went looking to download 540 and saw it was gone from Vodafone Ireland. Back to stock OS. However I did get the 540 from Turkel this morning and its running fantastic. One thing I noticed on 540 was 'verifying security software' does not show up on start up? A solid official OS update needs to be made availible for the 9900 asap.
    12-03-11 09:53 AM
    Nice goin bruce, you finally took the plunge. I'll keep mine posted as well as soon as I have enough time with .540. *fingers crossed*

Just a quick question, do you guys left the phone charged overnight? my friend woke up to a bricked phone, while my other friend charged overnight daily for the past 2 months with no problems.
    12-03-11 10:02 AM
    Nice goin bruce, you finally took the plunge. I'll keep mine posted as well as soon as I have enough time with .540. *fingers crossed*

Just a quick question, do you guys left the phone charged overnight? my friend woke up to a bricked phone, while my other friend charged overnight daily for the past 2 months with no problems.
    Didnt finally take the plunge, I have 540 downloaded since day one. After going to leaked 7.1 I wanted to go back to 540 and thats when i noticed it had been removed from Vodafone. I try all updates and have found 540 the best so far. I am worried about the mass removal of this OS though.
    12-03-11 10:19 AM
    comforting to hear from another guy who have tried all the os and found 540 best.
    12-03-11 10:25 AM

No contest
    I never had a bug in OS 7.1 and only thing is that some people(I didn't because I loaded the default setting using a back up) had to change the default font type to make the menu items work.

To me OS 7.1 is great since my Telus BB plan includes free tethering through wifi hotspot as long as I am under my data limit.
    12-03-11 10:32 AM
    Heads up, orange switzerland still has the 540 all language up
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...56AC56F8953D24
    12-03-11 10:44 AM
    I never had a bug in OS 7.1 and only thing is that some people(I didn't because I loaded the default setting using a back up) had to change the default font type to make the menu items work.

To me OS 7.1 is great since my Telus BB plan includes free tethering through wifi hotspot as long as I am under my data limit.
    With all due respect, you've only used .261 and the 7.1 leak... so you've not experienced a stable build yet
    12-03-11 10:53 AM
    Maybe it was pulled in the EMEA region because it either has Carrier IQ or Carrier IQ has been removed from it? Could be either one really ...
    Last edited by T�nis; 12-03-11 at 11:22 AM.
    12-03-11 11:19 AM
    Maybe it was pulled in the EMEA region because it either has Carrier IQ or Carrier IQ has been removed from it? Could be either one really ...
    http://m.crackberry.com/uk-networks-...all-carrier-iq
    12-03-11 11:24 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD