This is really interesting - am surprised this hasn't made the CB blogs actually, seems like a fairly significant story if it's been pulled for all EMEA carriers.
    And as usual those of us who are using it are the last to know what is happening.

We should not have to rely on the kindness of people like DangerMouse UK to get answers out of the carriers and or RIM.

As communications buisnesses their communications skills suck !!!
    12-01-11 11:26 AM
    You try and find .540 anywhere on here... BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Every European Vodafone carrier had it showing as official a few days ago, and even Turkcell in the sticky above has had it removed.

Maybe RIM have pulled it
    Phill I am seeing you can still download it from Turkcell.
    12-01-11 12:35 PM
    Phill I am seeing you can still download it from Turkcell.
    If you go to Turkcell from the link in Phill's post for Bold 9900 .296 is showing not .540

Just tried it myself.
    12-01-11 12:41 PM
    We should not have to rely on the kindness of people like DangerMouse UK to get answers out of the carriers and or RIM.

As communications buisnesses their communications skills suck !!!
    U sound surprised...
    12-01-11 01:44 PM
    U sound surprised...
    Not suprsied, just frustrated.

24 hours on from initial post and still no answer. If DM UK can't get a response from Vodafone then I feel that we will remain in ignorance for some time.

The 9900 is my first experience of BlackBerry and whilst I love the phone if it were not for the many people on CrackBerry who help each other out it would probably be my last as the impression I get is that RIM technical suport and the carriers are worse than useless.
    12-01-11 01:56 PM
    Not that I can recall. There was that Etisalat software version that was found to include spyware which was pulled, but that was just with a single carrier and I believe it was only OTA downloads that were affected.

Something strange is definitely going on with .540 though, for it to be pulled from ALL carriers who were officially supporting it.

Watch this space...
    I haven't been here quite as long as you, but I don't think I've ever seen an official pulled like this before either.
    guzprom likes this.
    12-01-11 02:06 PM
    I haven't been here quite as long as you, but I don't think I've ever seen an official pulled like this before either.
    So why can no one tell us why ???
    12-01-11 02:08 PM
    I can't explain why it's removed from the site, but I'm getting 540 downloaded now. I will post a link for those who want it.
    12-01-11 02:26 PM
    I would imagine that if this is serious Kev and the CB team will be putting feelers out to verify what's happening and why. I'm sure the answers will come.
    12-01-11 02:28 PM
    Well for some reason uploading is giving me fits, here's a wroking link to 540

12-01-11 03:30 PM
    Well for some reason uploading is giving me fits, here's a wroking link to 540

Was .540 good for you ?
    12-01-11 03:33 PM
    Was .540 good for you ?
    I didn't run it. Just posting a link for those who want to try it.
    12-01-11 03:49 PM
    Still no answer from vodafone eh? What a joke.
    12-01-11 05:50 PM
    The answer from Vodafone is it wasn't anyone from our carrier team in Newbury that pulled it and that the finger pointing is at RIM.

I've fired off an email to RIM from my work email - their replies are sporadic at best, it's been 24hrs, I've heard nothing, so, I don't know. If I do get a reply it probably won't be admitting anything factual. Just a vague acceptance that they received an email.

Most of the people who work in Slough aren't the biggest communicators, which is ironic, considering the company they work for.
    12-01-11 05:56 PM
    Contact the UK CEO, go on, you know you want to bug him

Feedback to the Vodafone UK CEO

Or direct emails :

CEO Vodafone Group : [email protected]

CEO Vodafone UK : [email protected]

Or another link to a form which goes to the Customer Operations Director, Stefan :

http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/complaints/

Head office Number in Newbury : 01635 33251 (Ask for Executive Office/Customer Operations)

Handy little check page to get you to who you want
    Last edited by DangerMouseUK; 12-01-11 at 06:04 PM.
    12-01-11 05:58 PM
    I have a 9900 originally on 296. Big issue with battery life, fixed when I moved to 474
    12-01-11 06:01 PM
    No matter how good 9900, rim is bad with their PR. And there has been a lot of bad press without any follow up. Hate to see such a nice thing going down the tubes like this. Ridiculous.
    12-01-11 06:13 PM
    My wifi signal is noticabley worse
    12-01-11 06:33 PM
    i cant believe how people say they have issues with software, i mean the carriers test this software thoroughly for us,it must be your own fault, because they`d never miss any issues in testing

being serious though, this thread has the link to O2 uk, which still have it up
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nguage-672455/
    Last edited by BBThemes; 12-01-11 at 09:20 PM.
    12-01-11 09:15 PM
    This should be front page news.... Someone from Crackberry.com should get their investigative journalism boots out!
    12-01-11 09:44 PM
    A1 still has it online
    Updateservice
    12-02-11 03:50 AM
    To be fair there are half dozen or so threads on the e-forum supporting that.

I've said since day one of 9900 ownership both radio and wifi signal is much weaker than my previous 9700 was - I still have it and side by side the 9700 ALWAYS has a stronger more stable signal.
    Yeah, but correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't this been an issue more or less since day one rather than just since .540 came out, and aren't some people still reporting it in the 7.1 build too ?

If it has been a constant problem the surely this can't be why .540 has been withdrawn.
    12-02-11 03:56 AM
    The plot thickens...

.540 has also been pulled from RIM's device software download site for the 9810 and 9860
    12-02-11 04:43 AM
    Interesting, I connected to DM and clicked on "update" and after the prompt came up to say there's no update i clicked on View other versions and only 296 and 503 show up and the 296 is the "recommended" version.

I think I will go back to 503 tonight, I never had any problem at all with it. And I'll keep it till 7.1 gets released officially.
    12-02-11 05:14 AM
    Oh wow, I just clicked on Applications tab in DM and the OS is gone, only the third party apps show up.
    12-02-11 05:16 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD