If you want a multimedia powerhouse don't buy a BlackBerry. If you wanted a BB with an AF camera..don't buy a 9900. BB has never had a ton of apps and that's just fine with me. I was with RIM for years and years and figured I'd try something new so I got a Droid 3. After the cool factor wore off I was left with a device that weighed a half a pound. Had so much uninstallable bloatware it was ridiculous. Even with the extended battery it had to be charged by night fall. I couldn't setup my domain email to be pushed the Droid. It refused to do it so I had to forward it all to a gmail account. After a month of that garbage I came running back to RIM when the 9930 came out. Did the Droid have a nice camera? sure it did. If I want to take great pictures I'll use my Canon. In everyday use the 9930's camera works fine for me.

Before I drop several hundred dollars on anything I do my homework. For those that don't and are now whining it's your own fault. The only complaint I have with the 9930 is the smaller battery but Seidio will take care of that within a month or so.
    09-14-11 07:33 PM
    If you want a multimedia powerhouse don't buy a BlackBerry. If you wanted a BB with an AF camera..don't buy a 9900. BB has never had a ton of apps and that's just fine with me. I was with RIM for years and years and figured I'd try something new so I got a Droid 3. After the cool factor wore off I was left with a device that weighed a half a pound. Had so much uninstallable bloatware it was ridiculous. Even with the extended battery it had to be charged by night fall. I couldn't setup my domain email to be pushed the Droid. It refused to do it so I had to forward it all to a gmail account. After a month of that garbage I came running back to RIM when the 9930 came out. Did the Droid have a nice camera? sure it did. If I want to take great pictures I'll use my Canon. In everyday use the 9930's camera works fine for me.

Before I drop several hundred dollars on anything I do my homework. For those that don't and are now whining it's your own fault. The only complaint I have with the 9930 is the smaller battery but Seidio will take care of that within a month or so.
    I came from the incredible 2 and yes the android device is nice but my bold is a far better business device for me. From the awesome keyboard to the fast email my productivity has increased 10 fold!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-14-11 07:51 PM
    Thanks for the lecture.
    OniBerry likes this.
    09-14-11 07:52 PM
    Thanks for the lecture.
    Not a lecture just tired of seeing people whining it doesn't have this and that. I knew exactly what the 9930 did and didn't have before I bought it.

..and 9,000 posts? dang girl..lol
    Guatiao and 1425956 like this.
    09-14-11 07:57 PM
    Better to let it go. There are thousands of people for everyone one who does the research, that do not even know what they are actually buying.
    09-14-11 08:03 PM
    There's a simple explanation for it...

Some people are dumb.

The thing that really sucks is sometimes those "dumb" people are the ones who sell phones and don't know any better...

(this simple explanation can be used in many aspects of society too)
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-14-11 08:12 PM
    And why must people take it as whining?

I did my research, knew what I was getting into, and bought the product. With that said, since this is a forum where we have critical discussions on how to improve the Blackberry experience, I feel that I absolutely have the rights to express my disappointment at the camera or the lack of a second convenience button. Because that does diminish the experience.

Mind you, the biggest gripe I (and some colleagues of mine) have about the camera is that it absolutely cannot take pictures of text. A lot of business people take pictures of notes that were written on a whiteboard during a meeting. I doubt RIM didn't know that. The decision on the camera, then, doesn't just hinder the multimedia experience but also my productivity.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Shake and Chrisy like this.
    09-14-11 08:14 PM
    Not a lecture just tired of seeing people whining it doesn't have this and that. I knew exactly what the 9930 did and didn't have before I bought it.

..and 9,000 posts? dang girl..lol
    And 3 years! Of course, I'm. not even in the top 20 posters.

As far as people not doing their homework, I think it's more that folks buy a product with hopes of what it will do, or is capable of in the further.

It's not about people being dumb, it's seeing potential. Sometimes there is disappointment.

It's easy to get excited over a brand new device or product. After the newness wears off, we start to see the flaws.

I've only had two phones on please day, the 9630 and the Tunderbolt. Both had glitches, and features missing.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-14-11 at 08:19 PM.
    09-14-11 08:14 PM
    I wanna be like chrisy...LOL...I want 9 thousand PLUS post...I totally agree that people NEED to research products before buying...they do it for cars and houses...CrackBerry is a GREAT place to learn about Berry's!!...despite all the complaints...BUT with open forums you see this A LOT!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 08:18 PM
    I wanna be like chrisy...LOL...I want 9 thousand PLUS post...I totally agree that people NEED to research products before buying...they do it for cars and houses...CrackBerry is a GREAT place to learn about Berry's!!...despite all the complaints...BUT with open forums you see this A LOT!!!!

Then you had better start typing. Ughhh just looking at the number of posts is giving me carpel
    09-14-11 08:27 PM
    Obligatory OVER 9000 reference

09-14-11 08:28 PM
    And why must people take it as whining?

I did my research, knew what I was getting into, and bought the product. With that said, since this is a forum where we have critical discussions on how to improve the Blackberry experience, I feel that I absolutely have the rights to express my disappointment at the camera or the lack of a second convenience button. Because that does diminish the experience.

Mind you, the biggest gripe I (and some colleagues of mine) have about the camera is that it absolutely cannot take pictures of text. A lot of business people take pictures of notes that were written on a whiteboard during a meeting. I doubt RIM didn't know that. The decision on the camera, then, doesn't just hinder the multimedia experience but also my productivity.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I agree with this completely. I feel like I have been waiting forever for this BlackBerry. I hung in there for a long time with the Tour. While I absolutely love the 9930, there were a few things on my wishlist that just didn't make it (AF camera, LTE, WiFi Hotspot, etc). This doesn't mean I am up in arms and sending hate mail to RIM. However, it does mean that there are some things that I am disappointed with and telling my friends who have an iPhone or a Android doesn't seem to invoke the same type of sympathy that I get here.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-14-11 08:32 PM
    For everyone that does their homework, there has to be someone who jumped on it early enough to share the pitfalls. Those of us who wait and research reap the benefits. I for once am appreciative for all the complaining. It has left me in a great position to scrutinize this weekend when I shop for a flawless 9930. Would not be able to do this without all the belly aching! Keep on Whining!

Chrisy and 1425956 like this.
    09-14-11 08:51 PM
    For everyone that does their homework, there has to be someone who jumped on it early enough to share the pitfalls. Those of us who wait and research reap the benefits. I for once am appreciative for all the complaining. It has left me in a great position to scrutinize this weekend when I shop for a flawless 9930. Would not be able to do this without all the belly aching! Keep on Whining!

This is It! I appreciate everyone else figuring out the glitches!
    09-14-11 08:54 PM
    +1!!!
    If im gonna spend $250+ on anything and sign a 2 yr contract, im def gonna know what im getting and learn as much as I can about it!!!
    09-14-11 09:01 PM
    i say.. if social media is your thing (texting, email, Facebook, twitter etc etc) get a blackberry.. Don't look for a phone plus a iPod .. or a portable gaming device in bbs(unless your buying a playbook)
    09-14-11 09:02 PM
    Mind you, the biggest gripe I (and some colleagues of mine) have about the camera is that it absolutely cannot take pictures of text. A lot of business people take pictures of notes that were written on a whiteboard during a meeting.
    This is a fine example of a text page picture taken with the 9900... just thought you would be interested in knowing it seems to be capable to take good photos of text...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6627881
    09-14-11 09:15 PM
    While I agree with your post to a point, most BlackBerry users in the world have no idea what CrackBerry is. Nor do they actually take the time to research their purchase and figure out if it's for them or not(bad move on their part). But this thread isn't going to accomplish much but complaining from both sides. Therefore it's closed.
    09-14-11 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD