With all this craziness going on about the BB Bold 9900/9930, only one question comes to my mind... why RIM doesn't do a BIG release or at least with two partners like Apple and even google with the Nexus phones...

No even proper press releases, im curretly waiting for Verizon to release the 9930 and the only info available is the info that we have been able to dig our self. I know is each carrier resposability to lunch the phone but RIM is the one interested on selling phone and i think more buzz and more press will do a lot of good to RIM phones.

They should get together with each carrier and do a BIG press release for the device giving all the info... just like Apple, HTC, Motorola, Samsung... every body else! it's like if they were hidding the launch from the customers, I dont get it. Come on RIM!!!!!!!

What are your thought?
    08-12-11 04:01 PM
    RIM plays to the carriers a lot. They aren't really willing to strong arm them or coordinate releases.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    08-12-11 04:10 PM
    Lead, don't follow. I'd rather they don't do an official launch that creates so much hype that they are on back order for weeks.
    08-12-11 04:11 PM
    With all due respect, outside of this website, where is all of the aforementioned "craziness"?

Yes, Verizon 4G is really that fast!
    08-12-11 04:12 PM
    Lead, don't follow. I'd rather they don't do an official launch that creates so much hype that they are on back order for weeks.
    you prefer that RIM sells less phones so you can get yours first... got it!
    08-12-11 04:13 PM
    With all due respect, outside of this website, where is all of the aforementioned "craziness"?
    Canada, eh?
    08-12-11 04:20 PM
    I agree, I think the lack of a solid release just makes things more confusing for the common consumer.

Take for example Apple. Apple has a huge press conference to release one new phone. Now of course RIM doesn't have the sort of desire that Apple products do, but still, when they offer one set release date, everyone knows because it's deadset on that one day. It gives everyone a reference point and something to "aim for." Plus, one single release date builds conversation; I'm willing to bet that had RIM/carriers said "the new BlackBerry 7 phones will be available on _____," hype would have increased tenfold - Twitter would have been bubbling with hashtags, it would have probably been trending on Yahoo, BlackBerry aficionados like most people here could have had some really exciting things to say to friends and family about what's next in the World of BlackBerry.

Look at it this way; RIM has a lot of fragmentation in their OS for various reasons (numerous different form factors, different processors, different screen resolutions, etc.). Not having an official release date for a phone is much like creating fragmentation beyond the software and hardware world - nobody knows anything about what's coming next and from who it's coming from.
    08-12-11 04:23 PM
    you prefer that RIM sells less phones so you can get yours first... got it!
    What I meant was, don't create such a "crazy" demand if you can't supply the market!
    08-12-11 04:25 PM
    Even Verizon employees don't know there is a new blackberry in the works, I remember me calling about the iphone to Verizon before it was even announced by Apple and they at least knew it was in the works...

We know the device is out because we are crackberry addicts not because RIM or the carriers inform us... the device was release in canada it no one even knew about it, I mean you have been working on this phone for 8-12months if its coming out let every body know!

Let's no even talk about international release!

All that is craziness to me
    08-12-11 04:35 PM
    What I meant was, don't create such a "crazy" demand if you can't supply the market!
    I was going to respond to your comment but I can see you have no clue of what MARKETING is... at the end of the day if you can supply the market it will create new desire for the device, ppl will wait for it and atrack new customers... ask apple if you don't belive me
    08-12-11 04:38 PM
    They're saving all of that up for their QNX phones.
    08-12-11 04:39 PM
    They're saving all of that up for their QNX phones.
    I hope but still that's not an excuse... if they're launching this devices I'm sure they want to sell the more they can!
    08-12-11 04:43 PM
    I was going to respond to your comment but I can see you have no clue of what MARKETING is... at the end of the day if you can supply the market it will create new desire for the device, ppl will wait for it and atrack new customers... ask apple if you don't belive me
    Ah well. I can't be bothered with you. I have my 9900 and a beer and everything is good.

I guess it comes down personal choice. I would never line up or wait for weeks for a new device, especially an Apple product but that's just me.
    08-12-11 05:01 PM
    They had an official launch for the actual devices just prior to the first carriers launching the devices, they aren't going to coordinate launches across multiple carriers because that would mean delaying sales from the ones who were ready to launch quicker than others.
    08-12-11 05:03 PM
    Ah well. I can't be bothered with you. I have my 9900 and a beer and everything is good.

I guess it comes down personal choice. I would never line up or wait for weeks for a new device, especially an Apple product but that's just me.
    I guess it does come down to personal choice if you are referring to you, I was looking at the bigger picture and what I think would be best for RIM as a company but oh well enjoy the phone I'm sure is amazing
    08-12-11 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD