The GSM users should be getting the 9930. I don't get it. What the **** happened to the BB Storm 3 and BB Torch 2? Only 1 new device was announced yesterday. Everyday that goes by, RIMM just loses more ground and customers. Not a smart move RIMM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 07:05 AM
    Painful

grover5 likes this.
    05-03-11 07:07 AM
    Other than different radios, i dont see the CDMA version being any better than the GSM version.
    As for the Storm3 and torch2??..well im pretty sure that there is a torch2 coming out and the storm3 is being replaced by a similar model but wont be called the Storm...why not just ditch CDMA and go GSM, at least that way u have more options regarding phones eh??.

So really your just ranting for the sake of ranting...well done sir.
    05-03-11 07:14 AM
    I am at a loss for words....Really?
    05-03-11 07:17 AM
    ..they are the same phone... ones just gsm and the other CDMA.
    Hardware is the same. Its just to cater for different carriers and different regions.
    Id never heard of CDMA till i came on here, in the UK we just have good old GSM.

And im sure the torch 2 and monza touch will be announced today... i think they are a bit far in the stages of manufacturing to pull them now, seeings as everyone has seen them and a few have been tested...
    05-03-11 07:27 AM
    Same phones.

Except that the CDMA version has both radios.

This annoys me as well.
    05-03-11 07:44 AM
    Atleast the phone was announced and confirmed for your carrier?
    05-03-11 09:44 AM
    yep...misleading title. it's the exact same phone, but just cdma and not gsm.
    05-03-11 10:07 AM
    The GSM users should be getting the 9930. I don't get it. What the **** happened to the BB Storm 3 and BB Torch 2? Only 1 new device was announced yesterday. Everyday that goes by, RIMM just loses more ground and customers. Not a smart move RIMM.

I hate to break it to you but the Carrier has A LOT to do with this process. They order and pay big bucks for a device that will not be delivered for months later. It is possible that your carrier did not order the phone you want.

RIM wants to sell hardware and they are not making these choices, it is the carrier!
    05-03-11 10:09 AM
    CDMA is a less advanced network. To say the 9930 is more advanced just because it has GSM radios that allow users to use it internationally is absurd.

05-03-11 10:39 AM
    Same phones.

Except that the CDMA version has both radios.

This annoys me as well.
    No gsm carrier will have roaming agreements with any cdma carrier so why would they want a useless radio clogging up their hardware?
    05-03-11 10:51 AM
    CDMA is a less advanced network. To say the 9930 is more advanced just because it has GSM radios that allow users to use it internationally is absurd.
    Yup... dinosaur tech

They should be happy they're getting the same device this time, and not an inferior one...

We got the Bold 9000, they got nothing
    We got the Bold 9700, they got the Tour 9630
    We got the Bold 9780, they got the Bold 9650

05-03-11 10:52 AM

I think the OP is under the impression that it is a more advanced device simply because it is a higher numbers (9930 vs 9900)� my understanding is that this is not the case� also, while we�re on the topic of numbering, what will RIM do when they�ve used all the 9XXXs? Are they going to go up to 10000? Kind of trivial but interesting I think�
    05-03-11 10:58 AM
    cmon us cellular get it done
    05-03-11 11:09 AM
    ===== QUOTE Stein357 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Yup... dinosaur tech

They should be happy they're getting the same device this time, and not an inferior one...

Um...we got the Bold 9650 with a carrier that had the cajones to approve a 6.0 OS BEFORE the 9780 came out...

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    05-03-11 12:44 PM
    Um...we got the Bold 9650 with a carrier that had the cajones to approve a 6.0 OS BEFORE the 9780 came out...
    And?... Would that be the same carrier that's 45% owned by the world's largest GSM network

05-03-11 12:50 PM

LMAO. Ignore the model numbers, it will be ok, I promise. I'm guessing the other devices will show up in time for Christmas. They just want the Bold Touch to shine for a while.

05-03-11 12:56 PM
    Also, I will agree with Phil and say that CDMA is less advanced. I will be glad to see it go away with LTE coming up. The CDMA devices have always been a little bit slower, and a little less battery efficient. It will be interesting to see that now they have the same processor, how battery life stacks up.

05-03-11 01:03 PM
    I laughed. Did anyone else laugh?
    05-03-11 01:13 PM
    Besides getting the higher numbers that don't mean anything, I believe the OP might be talking about the CDMA version getting both radios which is only because the rest of the world runs on GSM and having both radios makes it a world phone, for traveling.
    05-03-11 01:39 PM
    RIM loves cdma carriers more, hence the 9930 that is made of 14k gold.
    05-03-11 01:42 PM
    The model number is 9930, making it 0.3% better than the 9900! I'm switching over to a CDMA carrier right now...

Oh wait. Canada is fully GSM now. :P

05-03-11 02:15 PM
    I laughed. Did anyone else laugh?
    More like a "shake my head" moment,but still achieved the same effect.
    05-03-11 02:39 PM
    Yup... dinosaur tech

Strictly looking at this from a GSM vs CDMA point of view isn't accurate.T-Mobile,a GSM carrier,never got the Bold 9000 and AT&T(GSM) never got the Bold 9780. I think,in the end,everyone will be happy this time. I also can't wait until LTE unites everyone.It'll be so much easier and faster to roll out new devices.
    05-03-11 02:48 PM
    No gsm carrier will have roaming agreements with any cdma carrier so why would they want a useless radio clogging up their hardware?
    Easier for RIM.
    1 OS to work on rather than 2.
    RIM OS'S would speed up or they could move dev teams on different things.

05-03-11 02:50 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD