Hi, I had an 8900 since 3 yrs, and couldn't wait to get the Bold. I know QNX is around the corner and it was a difficult decision. But boy, I am so glad I did not wait. RIM literally starved us, but the wait was worth it and the upgrade rocks! I also presumed QNX's first model would be improved upon, so there... -Amritha

And got the Playbook too and the two "bridge" beautifully. Thanks RIM.
    09-03-11 08:03 AM
    Some people like to just see an advanced iteration of what just plain works. Some of us actually like the idea of a rock solid device that has a proven OS and don't give a rat about rumorware. Heck, if they had a palm OS device with today's latest hardware specs, I'd go for that, because it was just something easy to navigate, and it did everything I needed.

I like the tried and true Blackberry interface, and I am fine with the current lineup of apps. With the best hardware yet by RIM, the 9900 series can't be touched for what I require.
    09-03-11 08:46 AM
    2 reasons:

1) What will QNX do that OS 7 can't do? I see no real benefit other than an improvement in the interface for now.

2) When QNX will first be released, I expect to see a lot of bugs until a few months when it finally becomes stable, thus, I am in no rush

3) How can you resist the smokin' fast 9900 with a 1200 MHz. and Liquid Graphics? I know the QNX device will probably be the same or faster, but the difference between the 9900 and the older BlackBerrys is breathe taking and once you try it for a few minutes, it is very hard to go back to your old BlackBerry
    If what is to be read is true, QNX will be a gigantic leap forward, and will supposedly run Android as well, which would bring BB back into the game as a real contender. Regarding release date, hard to know, I think RIM is quite aware that if they want to survive, long delays will no longer fly, though I doubt they will go the Korean route and release a new phone every week. And yes, all new OS' have bugs, that's the price. Don't think for a minute that all Android and Apple apps come out picture perfect, even though that's the way the press portrays them.
    09-03-11 09:25 AM
    'Cuz I wanted it now! Fanboy rampant consumerism aside, the Bold 9900 is a very nice phone that does everything I want quicky (there still are a few glitches than require an update), and Rogers won't have anything faster than 3G/H+ in my town for a year. Which is fine, H+ is fast enough for me. 'sides, I have a PlayBook, so I can take advantage of QNX already.
    Best,
    Steve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 09:55 AM
    I'm due to upgrade in 4 weeks and I've been a bit worried about OS7 becoming obsolete when QNX hits, but after playing with the 9900 I'm sold, easily the nicest phone I've ever held and it does everything I want it to do, messaging, browsing and music, also whats stopping RIM upgrading the new range of Bold and Torch with QNX later?
    09-03-11 10:15 AM
    ^^^Most probably hardware.

Not really that fussed on QNX, i have the playbook which is brilliant but from the rumours ive been hearing the first QNX is meant to be touch only so that definitely rules me out...ill wait till the keyboard version of QNX BB comes out then get one.
    09-03-11 10:46 AM
    While I know the first QNX will probably be released in Q1 of 2012 from what I have read it might not be exactly what they want in the device as far as hardware. Not a bad thing though... Basically the first one is just to prove they can do it and are keeping hardware specs at basic needs(single cell processor) because they don't want to complicate the development process.

Plus I have a Playbook and haven't upgraded since Storm 9530.
    09-03-11 01:12 PM
    Just curious why you bought the 9900 instead of waiting.
    I'm tempted but thinking about waiting.
    The first model of a new OS makes me a bit nervous though.
    Because no matter what leaks we are seeing, how much RIM talks about QNX I don't see any QNX phones actually LAUNCHING till next summer at the earliest.

Yes we will see them at the trade shows this winter and next spring and the tech bloggers will be a abuzz about how great and innovative they are but RIM's release model is broken. They don't push the carriers to actually release the phones in a timely manner. It always seems to go like this: RIM shows off their phones at the trade shows, everyone loves them and 9 months later the carriers actually start to release them. Now don't get me wrong I am sure RIM wants to fix this but the sad part is that they don't have the clout with the carriers anymore to actually get it done. Don't get me wrong I hope I am wrong but honestly I don't think I am.

Also all the information points towards the first QNX phones being all touch screen and I prefer my Blackberries with the traditional keyboards. AND, horror of horrors I actually like traditional Blackberries.

No my 9930 will suit me just fine for a year
    09-03-11 02:07 PM
    QNX is unlikely to be buggy - it will have been running on Playbook for 9 months + at time of release.
    LOL, to follow that logic the Android tablets should be smooth sailing since they have been running on phones for two years ... as much as I love my Android tablet, I can tell you that it definitely isn't the case. It's not bad, bit Android on a tablet is different than Android on a phone and QNX will be no different.
    09-03-11 04:05 PM
    oh the irony

09-03-11 04:10 PM
    doubt i am buying any blackberry from now on...my 9800 is great and useable. waiting for RIM really to impress consumers with great specs, OS and apps. until then will be saving my pennies
    09-03-11 09:24 PM
    Because I Can
    09-04-11 12:10 AM
    All this makes me wonder why everyone would want to wait for a QNX model. Aside from google compatibility what is so special and also, what is wrong with the BBOS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-11 10:35 AM
    The Price for the 9900 isnt expensive, waiting prolly more than 12 months for the qwerty qnx is a factor. And who on earth would want to wait stuck on OS 5 or OS 6 for this brilliant piece of hardware Not aimed towards any torch or curve users using os7.
    09-04-11 10:50 AM
114 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD