I have searched/read these forums countless times trying to find my problem to no avail. Usually, I'm one here giving my advise but now I need your help.

Question is, does anyone have an idea why I cannot load an OS on my device? I have no problem backing up, SYNCing or restoring with DM, and loader.exe will backup data and 3rd party apps just fine. The problem occurs during an OS install after the backup of data and 3rd party apps; device reboots as DM/loader is "connecting to JVM". It'll try 3 times by rebooting the device each time and then DM/loader gives the error stating that the device is not connected and the OS install aborts.

With my 9700, I had no problem loading an OS; I was constantly installing leaks/hybrids. But when I upgraded to the 9780, I started having this problem. In fact, 3 different 9780s had this problem. Now the same problem with the 9900.

I have tried different USB ports; even opening the desktop and using the USB port directly on the motherboard. I've re-downloaded and re-installed DM. I've tried rolling back the Drivers to the one used by the 9700. I have made sure power-save is turned off on the USB HUB. I have also tried disabling PC internet connection, anti-virus and firewall. I have also tried an install with the SD card removed (thinking it's taking the PC to long to connect to Mass Storage). All with the same results.

The only way I am able to load an OS to my 9780 or 9900 (no longer have the 9700) is by forcing an install with the device battery pulled. However, this method does not reinstall/restore data and 3rd party apps and countless hours is then spent restoring, re-downloading and installing the 45 apps.

Win XP SP3
    DM 6.1.0.35
    BB Device Mgr 6.0.0.39
    RIM USB Driver 4.2.0.14
    RIM USB Serial Driver 2.3.0.9
    T-Mobile

BlackBerry 9780
    01-13-12 09:47 AM
    Have you tried loading using BBSAK?
    01-13-12 10:20 AM
    Try a different PC/laptop
    01-13-12 10:25 AM
    Also might try a different usb cable. Wow. Tough one. Ill keep thinking

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-13-12 10:36 AM
    Thanks for your replies. I either use BB Boss or manually remove the CODs I don't want then use loader.exe. Never tried BBSAK before so I just downloaded and tried it. BBSAK says 'No OS Found, Please install a OS for your phone'. Strange as the OS shows in Add/Remove Programs and loader.exe/DM detect it.

Also, I've tried several different USB cables, the latter being the one that came with the 9900.

What I haven't tried is a different PC; I only have one.
    01-13-12 11:06 AM
    Thanks for your replies. I either use BB Boss or manually remove the CODs I don't want then use loader.exe. Never tried BBSAK before so I just downloaded and tried it. BBSAK says 'No OS Found, Please install a OS for your phone'. Strange as the OS shows in Add/Remove Programs and loader.exe/DM detect it.

Also, I've tried several different USB cables, the latter being the one that came with the 9900.

What I haven't tried is a different PC; I only have one.
    I have some problems like yours on one PC... Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't... Get hold of a friends laptop and try...should work
    01-13-12 11:20 AM
    Probably a silly question, but have you deleted both Vendor .xml files ???
    01-13-12 11:32 AM
    Yes, I've removed all vendor.xml files; scanned the hard drive for both vendor and Vendor (cap V).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-12 09:20 AM
    Just a silly question that needs to be asked: the OS you have installed on your computer ready to load up is, in fact, an OS for 9900, right? Granted I haven't tried, but I imagine trying to install a 9930 OS (or any other BB device) onto a 9900 device by way of BBSAK would come up with some sort of "OS not found" error.

01-17-12 02:29 PM
    Yes, it is for the 9900; I've tried several. Since I had this same problem with 3 different 9780s and now the 9900, it makes me think is a problem with the pc. I just don't know what.

01-18-12 09:46 AM
    In DM, there's an option to 'forget device'. Try forgetting the device and let DMre-reognize it.
    01-18-12 11:21 AM
    I didn't know there was that option. Thanks. Will try tomorrow and report back. Thanks again.

01-18-12 11:45 AM
    OK so here's what I did:
    In DM clicked on 'Forget Device' and removed all devices that were listed.
    Ran CC Cleaner and removed all temporary files and fixed registry entries.
    Rebooted pc.
    Launched loader.exe and tried an OS install. Same results. Device data and 3rd Party Apps are backed up, device reboots as loader is "Connecting to Boot ROM". Device will boot up approximately 1/3 and reboots again. This device reboot process will occur a 3rd time then loader gives the error saying the device is not connected.
    Launched DM and tried an OS install. Same results as with loader.

I'm at my witts-end. Any other suggestions?
    01-19-12 11:16 AM
    I gave it ONE MORE try:
    On pc, uninstalled DM and device OS. Restarted pc.
    Deleted all Research in Motion directories.
    Using CC Cleaner, removed all temporary files and any reference to Research in Motion entries in the Registry. Restarted pc.
    Downloaded DM
    Downloaded OS
    Installed DM. Restarted pc
    Connected 9900 USB. "New Device Detected and Installed Correctly" Drive I=SD Card, Drive N=Device Memory.
    Launched DM, setup device, backed up device, synced device with Outlook. Exited DM.
    Disconnected device USB.
    Installed OS. Restarted pc.
    Searched HD for Vendor.xml (and vendor.xml) there were 2, deleted them both and emptied Trash Can.
    Launched loader.exe, connected 9900 USB. De-selected the games and IMs I don't use.
    Loader.exe backed up devide data and 3rd part apps and rebooted device while "Connecting to Boot ROM".
    Device booted up approx 1/3 and then rebooted.
    Then Loader gave the error message stating that the device is not connected. "Re-Connect device and try again."
    I've tried this with OS 7.598 and 7.1 having the same results.
    Went to the BB site and downloaded the USB and Device Driver 6.1 Installer for pc.
    Installed the drivers.
    Tried to install OS 7.1 using loader.exe with the SAME results. Only now loader reboots the device 2 times instead of previous 4 times, trying to connect to Boot ROM before aborting the install.

The only thing I haven't tried is a different pc, which is a challenge. My pc works perfectly, no errors, except for this. I'm not going to go buy a new pc. And all my friends are Droid or iPh users and HATE Blackberrys; they want no trace of BBs on their pc.
    01-20-12 11:21 AM
    Then Loader gave the error message stating that the device is not connected. "Re-Connect device and try again."
    I have no clue if this will help, but check this out:

Go to this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...a-plan-548106/

Look at post #13.

Good luck!
    noke60 likes this.
    01-20-12 12:41 PM
    The device works just fine and I wouldn't mind taking a chance at bricking it if I could load an OS. But that post suggests disconnecting and reconnecting the USB during an install. In my mind that's pushing the envelope towards bricking. Not a chance I'm willing to take. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

01-20-12 03:32 PM
    YEA!!! I got it!! Was doing some maintenance on my pc. Started Defraggler and noticed it took a long time for the 'removable drives' for the card reader to be recognized. So I disconnected the card reader from the mother board, and restarted it and ran loader.exe. OS 7.590 loaded just fine. FINALLY!!

The only time I use the card reader is for the SD card from my camera. Now, I'll just use a USB cable to the camera.

01-24-12 11:44 AM
    Now the TMO "My Account" and E-mail Setup apps work. They never could "connect to the server" with TMO's default OS 250.

01-24-12 12:22 PM
    I'm so glad Google brought me to this post. I've been looking around CB forums for my issue which is so similar to Starchit's. In my case it was my Bold 9790 that just wouldnt recieve the update from the Apploader or BBSAK.
    All I would get was the Applications backing up and restoring when the Loader was launched. There would be no OS loading /updating.

BBSAK would just say 'No OS found'

In my case I was using a Dell XPS laptop running Win7 SP1. When I read about the USB drives / card readers and such, I thought I'd give a try and remove my Express card from its slot and my dummy SD card from its slot. Although these devices arent powered by USB they are the hot swap types so I thought maybe there is a connection. And it did help. Finally my OS has loaded and I now have an updated OS 7.1
    03-10-12 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD