I have an unlocked BB Bold 9900 from Vodafone UK with the 3G bands 1,4,8. I am in California at present, my phone doesnt get 3G AT&T because of 3G bands. But at the same time I cant get Tmobile 3G bands. Why is that? As far as I know they should be compatible with my handset. When I manually choose to view networks I get this screen:

And when I choose Tmobile 3G I get a message saying that I can only use it for Emergency calls.

Any help will be appriceated
    01-24-12 07:36 PM
    I assume you tried it with a t-mobile sim card right? Where in california?
    01-24-12 09:45 PM
    Many carriers don't provide roaming customers with 3/4G service. check Vodafone's roaming site for more details.
    01-24-12 09:51 PM
    your carrier might not have agreement for 3g roaming with tmobile. If you pop a tmobile sim card in however you might get a different result.
    01-24-12 11:50 PM
    I didn't pop a Tmo sim card, if I do it will work for sure... I guess.
    I am in Los Angeles, close to Hollywood. But I will be going to San Fransisco.
    This is the first I have ever seen. In my earlier visits I was able to use AT&T 3G with my 9700, I have never tried Tmo though. But my 3g bands wouldn't match also.
    01-25-12 12:48 AM
    I didn't pop a Tmo sim card, if I do it will work for sure... I guess.
    I am in Los Angeles, close to Hollywood. But I will be going to San Fransisco.
    This is the first I have ever seen. In my earlier visits I was able to use AT&T 3G with my 9700, I have never tried Tmo though. But my 3g bands wouldn't match also.
    Tmo is getting a bunch of aws frequency from at&t that will go in CA (although that won't help you now just happy that there will be better tmo coverage) ... I've had pretty good 3g/4g coverage in LA, unfortunately san fran. doesn't have the best tmo coverage... at least when I went last year it didn't
    01-25-12 01:30 AM
    former tmobile suscriber here

nothing to do with incompatible frequencies here. this has to do with roaming agreements. sorry friend but you are out of luck blame it on roaming agrements due to spectrum squeeze.

tmobile 3g speeds are phenomenal when you get coverage but coverage is terrible. just stay with edge.
    01-25-12 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD