"Significant technical advancements" made me laugh

Adding MMS, wallpapers, illusion of multitasking are not significant advancements and every other smartphone has had these before.

The tochscreeen they did first was an advancement and that's about it that I see. Now don't get me wrong it is a good device but in reality its nothing more then an ipod touch that makes a lousy phone call. If media is your main focus on a device then iphone is great but that's it

The browser on the Blackberry is behind and has stepped it up a lot in the latest OS but people need to stop comparing phones by browser only. If what you do all day is browse the web then great but that's not why people buy cell phones (I hope).

Apple = games
    Android = customizing
    Blackberry = communication

That's my 2 cents

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    My Palm Treo 600 had a touchscreen so I wouldn't even give Apple the credit of inventing the touchscreen on a phone.
    08-22-11 01:56 AM
    blah blah blah, iPhone this... blah blah blah Android that..blah blah blah... BlackBerry that... blah blah blah..

Buy what you want, use what you want.. be happy.

So lame, this arguing about OS' has grown tired and redundant. Most of you don't even buy what fits your needs any more, you just buy whatever your friend bought cause you don't have the balls to stand up for your own choices.
    sam_b77, Yosaki, tliolos and 5 others like this.
    08-22-11 02:08 AM
    blah blah blah, iPhone this... blah blah blah Android that..blah blah blah... BlackBerry that... blah blah blah..

So lame, this arguing about OS' has grown tired and redundant. Most of you don't even buy what fits your needs any more, you just buy whatever your friend bought cause you don't have the balls to stand up for your own choices.
    Hence I have an iPad for a tablet, and switch between my Evo 3D and (brand new!) Bold 9930. #biggadgetlove

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    08-22-11 02:15 AM
    Hence I have an iPad for a tablet, and switch between my Evo 3D and (brand new!) Bold 9930. #biggadgetlove

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    Exactly..

iPhone 4
    Desire HD
    Motorola Atrix
    Samsung Nexus S
    Motorola Xoom
    PlayBook
    iPad 2
    Galaxy Tab 7"
    HP TouchPad

etc..etc..etc.

Love each platform for different reasons, not sure why everyone thinks there is one SUPREME platform out there. Need to recognize they all have strengths and weaknesses. There is no BEST one for everyone. Only what works best for you.
    08-22-11 02:19 AM
    Here, bloody, here!

08-22-11 02:42 AM
    Who knows, we might even get Firefox shortly after the QNX release.

Native browsers are never good anyway - take a peak at Safari on Mac and Internet Explorer on Windows.
    08-22-11 03:09 AM
    Are you serious? Go use a 9700 on OS5, then use a 9900, worlds apart. BlackBerry now has a browser that is on par with the other platforms in the game. OS7 greatly improves on the brand new browser that was introduced in OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Couldn't agree more
    08-22-11 07:59 AM
    The 9900 is good progress from RIM. If it wasn't for the lack of app development, this would be a "on par" device. I am hoping the next flagship offers the platform everyone will developt for.
    08-22-11 08:10 AM
    I honestly loved the browsing aspect of the 9900. I'm actually using internet browsing on this Blackberry!!
    08-22-11 08:37 AM
    theres no phone on the market that beats a nice laptop for web browsing, smartphones are for ocasional web browsing, if it gets me the info i need i dont care about the "experience" you all are so worried about
    08-22-11 11:59 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD