Hey guys,

its just a few weeks ago that I bought the BB 9900 and I really thought this phone would make me happy. I didnt want to buy an iPhone as everyone else and I was looking forward to the phone badly.
    When i got it the phone kind of amazed me the first few hours and then my mood was changing.
    I have no major issues, but there are some bugs I really cant stand:

- the squeaky trackpad (thought it will disappear after a while. it hasnt.)
    - freezing!!
    - doing battery pull at least twice a week because of app that doesnt work properly or a freezed phone
    - cant move several apps on my homescreen: that really annoys me
    - feels that the battery isnt much better than for instance the iphones

Those little bugs are really annoying and I dont know whether i would give BB a secound chance.
    And now I have to have it for 2 years. Hope its getting better.....

Jannik
    emirozmen likes this.
    10-28-11 11:20 AM
    I don't know of Sprints return policy, but Verizon gives you 14 days. It you are really think you can't stick it out with the phone, they may let you swap. You're only a few weeks in.

Or at least swap for another 9900 to get rid of the squeaky trackpad.
    And just uninstall the offending app that keeps freezing your device. It's not the phones fault, it's the app.

So take care of those couple minor issues and I'm sure you'll go back to being happy with it.
    10-28-11 11:30 AM
    Hey guys,

its just a few weeks ago that I bought the BB 9900 and I really thought this phone would make me happy. I didnt want to buy an iPhone as everyone else and I was looking forward to the phone badly.

When i got it the phone kind of amazed me the first few hours and then my mood was changing.

- freezing!!

- doing battery pull at least twice a week because of app that doesnt work properly or a freezed phone

Those little bugs are really annoying and I dont know whether i would give BB a secound chance.

Jannik

Squeaky track pad isn't a bug, but a manufacturing defect.

Freezing could be cause by apps that are not compatible with OS7. What was the app you installed that is not working? Deleting the app would probably be a good course of action.

I have heard of certain leaked OS and official ones that will not let you move your icons around the home screen. Try another OS.

Never used an iphone. There are many small apps and things you can do as a user to mitigate the battery issue. Download a network manager type app, installing a Battery app will allow you track how much power your phone uses and will allow you adjust your habits.

Cheers,

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-28-11 11:34 AM
    I've had my 9930 for about 2 weeks. I've spent more time working on bugs than I have enjoying it. I'm a long time BB user and as impressed as I am with the concept of the new OS, I'm somewhat disappointed with the actual product. As far as the apps on the homescreen, try moving them to a folder and then hiding the folder. That should take care of that issue. I've installed a ton of apps that cause a lot of problems. Guess that's gonna just be some trial and error until a release to fix some of the issues. Good luck and I say give it a little longer. Bb's are great devices and I'm sure this will all be addressed in time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 11:43 AM
    I dont want to give you a false impression. I still like the phone but these little bugs are going on my nervs.
    Freezing is no longer a problem. Its more like the performance of the device when a lot of apps are open (e.g. 10). I see the clock a lot when more apps are opened. Thought the processor would give me a new faster experience.
    The apps are neither movable nor can I move them to a folder. I can do that just with the preinstalled apps. All apps I downloaded are not changeable in any way.

Which battery and network apps are recommendable?

I dont know whether Vodafone DE will let me swap my phone for another one. And Im still not done with this phone.

I read that doing a clean install and restoring the phone may result in higher perfomance. How do you do that (on a mac?)

Can I upgrade to a newer OS with a Mac?

Jannik
    Last edited by Smartie020; 10-28-11 at 12:55 PM.
    emirozmen likes this.
    10-28-11 12:39 PM
    I think you can only install official OS releases from your carrier.

10-28-11 01:36 PM
    I dont want to give you a false impression. I still like the phone but these little bugs are going on my nervs.
    Freezing is no longer a problem. Its more like the performance of the device when a lot of apps are open (e.g. 10). I see the clock a lot when more apps are opened. Thought the processor would give me a new faster experience.
    The apps are neither movable nor can I move them to a folder. I can do that just with the preinstalled apps. All apps I downloaded are not changeable in any way.

Really?
    10-28-11 02:26 PM
    I am on my second 9930 (cracked the screen Myself on the first) and it is exactly the same: GREAT. IDK, some people just seem to have the worst luck.
    10-28-11 03:52 PM
    Hey guys,

- freezing!!

Jannik
    With the exception of the trackpad issue (and that can be fixed if you look around here), all of your issues were addressed in f/w updates. If you're running any 3rd party apps on the device - and many are known to cause issues on the BlackBerry's - such as freezing, you can't blame RIM for that. I have NO freezing whatsoever, but I also don't install social feeds and very few 3rd party apps, perhaps 2 that are very reputable and well written.

I pull my battery every day, but that's habit, not required. I have no apps that don't work on my 9900. I have 2 9900's and both work perfectly in fact.

I suspect that some of your issues are due to 3rd party apps and older firmware. I don't think they cant be fixed with a f/w upgrade and some cleanup on the device, although I don't know what your particular situation is...
    10-28-11 04:07 PM
    ummm....I've had the 9930 for over a week now. I haven't encountered any of those issues. I'm running more apps on that phone than I've ever had on any other device, some of them not from App World, but apps that I've known and trust. And then there's Google....but oh well, for maps and Latitude it's OK.
    I've had no freezing, only battery pulls I do are the scheduled resets through Meterberry and those I do after loading an app.
    I'm running stock .254 and this device is purring. I haven't even *looked* at my 9810.
    So....rather than indict the whole series as in the title of thread, I would suggest troubleshooting to see if it's an app or simply a defective unit.
    This is, by far, the best BB I have ever owned. The only thing that would make it better is if it came in burgundy like my adored little 8310.
    10-28-11 04:17 PM
    ummm....I've had the 9930 for over a week now. I haven't encountered any of those issues. I'm running more apps on that phone than I've ever had on any other device, some of them not from App World, but apps that I've known and trust. And then there's Google....but oh well, for maps and Latitude it's OK.
    I've had no freezing, only battery pulls I do are the scheduled resets through Meterberry and those I do after loading an app.
    I'm running stock .254 and this device is purring. I haven't even *looked* at my 9810.
    So....rather than indict the whole series as in the title of thread, I would suggest troubleshooting to see if it's an app or simply a defective unit.
    This is, by far, the best BB I have ever owned. The only thing that would make it better is if it came in burgundy like my adored little 8310.
    Why run MB on a device with enough memory? Habit I suppose
    10-28-11 11:21 PM
    I still like and love to use my BB. Im trying to find solutions. Hope the OS 7.1 update is coming soon
    10-29-11 09:06 AM
    Got 2 new 9930's about a month ago for the wife and I... Both have great battery life (1.5-2 days) and we haven't had to do any battery pulls. However, she has a squeaky trackpad and I do not.

10-29-11 10:07 AM
    Try to replace the device, battery should be fine and some devices was reported with a defect battery, same about track pad.
    10-29-11 10:20 AM
    I get my device replaced next week.
    In the meanwhile my 9900 freezes in appworld, because of.... nobody knows.
    10-29-11 01:44 PM
    Im trying to install a new OS on my phone (just for fun), with a PC. But I doest work. Can somebody tell me how it works?
    10-29-11 06:39 PM
    Quote: Squeaky track pad isn't a bug, but a manufacturing defect.
    perhaps not, try audible trackpad settings in the Options menu.
    10-30-11 12:05 AM
    Im trying to install a new OS on my phone (just for fun), with a PC. But I doest work. Can somebody tell me how it works?
    search the forums or just go page 1 of any OS page
    you can go to page 1 in the 9900 forums of any of the OSes
    10-30-11 12:40 AM
    I did it
    10-30-11 11:18 AM
    hi all..just bought a bold9900 I have no proble with the apps however my battery seems to run out of power very fast. i am an active user maybe 20 to 30 calls a day in and out and i hve 8 emails sync with the device. The battery life last only half a day if isart using from 730am by the tim it reaches 730pm i have to recharge it again if not i would no beable to use it at night. I think the battery is faulty..but need feedbCK FROM YOU GUYS..ABOUT YOUR BATERRY LIFE EXPERIENCE
    regards
    drhasuz
    11-05-11 01:08 AM
    Battery on mine is terrific. I run a tight ship on my device. No apps running in the background, backlighting set low, social feeds are not constantly updating,etc...I use mine hard almost daily as well and usually have great signal strength. If you are doing these things, your battery should last longer for you.

Smartie020 likes this.
    11-05-11 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD