tomorrow is the blackberry devcon, I know BBX is exiting but I just bought my bold a month ago. I hope that RIM will still kinda develop os7. I heard the BBX is touch screen only, that's why I hope RIM will go with like 2 different OS versions for their phone or even have bbx in bold

I also heard that kevin saw white bold in the devcon, and there are also possibilities that RIM gonna showcase the bold 9790 and the curve touch. I have a feeling that RIM will not leave us in the dust, what do you guys think?
    10-17-11 07:48 PM
    i hope that they bring bbx to the bold touch that would b awesome
    10-17-11 07:52 PM
    Is it confirmed BBX is going to be on the Bold 9900/9930? If it happens, does that mean we have to buy a whole new device Bold 9900/9930?
    10-17-11 07:55 PM
    Hoping for BBX on the 99xx. Also hoping for major OS upgrades (Hotspot, BBTag, etc)

And the Playbook stuff...
    10-17-11 08:54 PM
    from what i've read, QNX will NOT be coming to the 99xx series.

i think it makes logical business sense. why would ppl who already own a 99xx series buy the new QNX phones if their bolds can simply be upgraded? it would be like apple announcing all the new features of iphone 4s for iphone 4 owners.
    10-17-11 09:04 PM
    tomorrow is the blackberry devcon, I know BBX is exiting but I just bought my bold a month ago. I hope that RIM will still kinda develop os7. I heard the BBX is touch screen only, that's why I hope RIM will go with like 2 different OS versions for their phone or even have bbx in bold

I also heard that kevin saw white bold in the devcon, and there are also possibilities that RIM gonna showcase the bold 9790 and the curve touch. I have a feeling that RIM will not leave us in the dust, what do you guys think?
    At this point, RIM would have a hard time arguing that 256MB GPU+512MB RAM with a 1.2 GHz processor can't run a full version of the playbook OS. Aside from different specs, I can't see how the playbook OS is even a "ram eater" or "speed hog".

With a lower resolution compared to the playbook, this should make any spec-based argument a hard excuse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 09:07 PM
    There will always be a Bold in RIM's lineup as that is the true BlackBerry.
    10-17-11 09:36 PM

i think it makes logical business sense. why would ppl who already own a 99xx series buy the new QNX phones if their bolds can simply be upgraded? it would be like apple announcing all the new features of iphone 4s for iphone 4 owners.

Apple pretty much did when they released IOS 5 to other Iphone users.........
    I'm hoping the the new QNX will be on a new touch only model so that most of the current O/S 7 devices get some upgrades with a new hybrid QNX/BB O/S.
    10-18-11 02:10 AM

i own both a Bold Touch and an iphone 4.
    after the upgrade to iOS5, my iphone 4 have everything that the iphone 4S have EXCEPT the A2 chip, the 8 megapixel camera/ HD recording and SIRI.
    10-18-11 04:04 AM
    I have [and really like] my Bold 9930.
    I am not worried about my phone becoming obsolete as I know that I can depend on RIM to be unreliable about anything they claim will happen any time soon.
    If they say we're getting 'XYZ', then expect to see 'XY' by mid to late 2012 and you will NEVER see 'Z'.

Note: Don't kill the messenger here. I have been a BB user for many many years and remain loyal to their product...but I refuse to 'drink the kool-aid' and believe greater than 15% of anything RIM promises.

Still no hot spot capability on my 9930, still no major software updates to the PB with Skype saying that there will be no skype for PB. I so want to get a PB but for anything more than games and movies it is a poor business tool with limited functionality. I would not pay more than $300 for a 32gb...and I'll probably see that price within the next 6-8 months.

The truth hurts but cannot be ignored.
    akaquietstorm likes this.
    10-18-11 05:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD