Phones I have had:
    BB's: Pearl, Curve, Pearl Flip, Storm, Storm 2, Tour, Bold

Androids: Moto Droid, Incredible, Samsung Fascinate, Incredible 2

IOS: iPhone 1, iPhone 4

---->SWITCHING BACK TO BLACKBERRY THIS WEEK!!! (been away too long)

why?? ----> BB is just more efficient and well thought out. Android is great, lots of ways to tweak, very efficient and lots and lots of options.

IoS---->less impressed. Confused as to why so many (worlds best selling phone) people are obsessed with this phone. Too simple, not enough options. i have had 2, so my opinion counts!

BB is like old trusty! You know what is supposed to be there is there! And with OS7, its faster and stronger. And btw, the keyboard feels so damn good.
    08-14-11 01:07 AM
    Welcome back.
    08-14-11 01:08 AM
    I've had the following:
    samsung epix, tour, htc evo 4g

Getting the bold 9930 when it hits sprint!

Android is great but the blackberry OS is extremely fast and efficient when you learn the shortcuts and start memorizing the menus (you can just hit the first letter of the option in any given menu to jump to it and then hit the menu key again to select it). And of course, a blackberry physical keyboard cannot be substituted with anything on the market. So those are my main reasons for wanting to come back to blackberry.
    08-14-11 01:12 AM
    Had a pearl way way wayyyyyyyy back in the days. I can't stand virtual keybaords anymore pretty much. From the looks of it, the Bold 9900 will suit me nicely...................................but being AT&T, I'm SOL right now.

Would love to switch but I have 7 lines of service, 5 on family plan, 2 are data only disabled lines for my deaf siblings (total of 7), large corp discount, unlimited minutes, grandfathered data plans..... i'd be paying much more on other carriers and may not get what i need.
    Last edited by n19htmare; 08-14-11 at 01:32 AM.
    08-14-11 01:30 AM
    Still undecided. Being an AT&T customer, have time to wait. Probably going to wait for the iPhone 5. Still... Liking the way the 9900 looks.
    08-14-11 01:47 AM
    On Verizon... Waiting to see what Apple reveals with iPhone 5. If there's nothing earth-shattering I'll be migrating over to the 9930.
    Main reason? I can't stand typing on an all screen keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 02:03 AM
    I left the BB days of having a 9000, 8330, 8820, 9530, 9550, 96xx Tour and went to Android only to find that the Android devices were always lacking and to get one that would meet my needs I was upgrading. Droid Incredible, Droid 2, Droid X, moved to LTE 4G Android phones ThunderBolt (what a waste of money), Droid Charge (great phone but still needed an extended battery) and finally my Droid 3 which is why I am looking back to BlackBerry again.

I really found I wanted a keyboard and touch screen, but the size and battery life on Android is still just not there (yet). RIM has always made getting things done easier and when I changed jobs a month ago my new company uses BB's so it was fairly easy for me to contact a long time buyer and he is taking my Droid 3 and accessories and I will get my BB 9930.

I can say that yes I am making compromises and that there are features in iOS (had the iPhone 4 on AT&T . . . NEVER AGAIN) and Android that I will likely miss, but there are certainly features in the BB OS that I was really missing. I do like the battery life, the menu system and the ability to add little apps that put additional menu features in. Having a big screen means having a BIG BATTERY too.

I for one will be happy and if as I suspect the first round of QNX Phones are not what I want I will just find another BB 9930 if mine starts to have issues
    08-14-11 10:18 AM
    The Pearl 8130 was my first BlackBerry (and smartphone) and I also had a Tour, Bold 9650, and a Storm 2 before I left for other OSes.

Since then, I've had the original Droid, Droid Incredible, Droid X, Droid Pro, Droid X2, HTC Trophy (WP7), and the iPhone 4.

While all of the previous devices were competent, I found Android to have too many bugs, too much lag, and the battery life on some of the devices was HORRIBLE. The iPhone lacked a lot of the features I wanted and had to be jailbroken (although iOS5 seems as though it'll remedy a lot of my issues). WP7 really did impress me but it was too immature of an OS, likely remedied by the Mango update that should be released shortly. However, all of those gripes are not the main reason I'll be coming back to a BlackBerry.

While I found myself fairly proficient typing on a touchscreen only phone, I really miss having a physical keyboard. I hated having to teach my phone new words and re-read all of my messages to make sure it hadn't overridden my spelling of words that it didn't know. Also, as stupid as this sounds, I'll be happy to leave a lot of the BS apps behind. I don't need invites to play Words with Friends or other games. Now that the web browser is at least very competitive, it's the right time for me to come back. I'll be ordering my 9930 as soon as possible.
    08-14-11 11:04 AM
    Im coming back because out of all of the phones and OS out there blackberry and their OS suits me the best. I have used every operating system out there and the only thing that put me off about the blackberry was the app support. My friends would all be playing angry birds and whatever was the in game at the time and i was jealous. android and the evo satisfied that need somewhat. The problem was whenever i needed to type out a long email i found myself wanting to get to a computer as typing on a glass screen was painful at times. i tried different keyboards, swype and nothing can beat a hard blackberry keyboard. So i am going back to a more stable system and a keyboard that cant be beat.
    08-14-11 11:24 AM
    I've had the LG Chocolate 2 and the LG EnV Touch, both on Verizon.
    Now I'm moving to the 9930 on Verizon because it's a smartphone, has a physical keyboard, and I've used a friends BB before and really liked the BB OS, especially the instant messaging on it (BBM). Also, I have an iPod Touch and I think typing on an all-touch screen may be a pain at times if I had to buy an iPhone. Plus, I've also used a friend's phone who had Android, and I did not like its OS at all. Seemed slightly complicated. However, the only plus on Android was its browser because it was decently fast and had Flash. Although I know BB Broswer has no flash, I'm still moving to BlackBerry.
    Last edited by Mikey112; 08-14-11 at 11:34 AM.
    08-14-11 11:31 AM
    I was with the iphone since it debut. I played with the tour, bold 9900n and torch and nothing stuck. Hated surfing the web and lacl of touch screen. The things that I love about bb, the 9900 keyboard, and email. With my work, the iphone sometimes didn't load the email from the server and it doesn't push and for me having email the second it comes is key not when I go to check it.

I have the 9900 and am in love. The keyboard is phenominal and the interface has huge improvements. The camera works just fine I have no problems. I think the bold touch and me will get along great

I have an ipad so if I want the iphone apps, I have that. I need a phone for business not play. That's why for me.

08-14-11 11:32 AM
    I'm considering coming back to BlackBerry with the 9900. I'm currently on iOS.

Here's my progression:
    Curve 8310 (first smartphone)
    Bold 9000 (wanted to have 3G and it was released on my birthday so it felt right)
    Curve 8900 (the Bold 9000 kept breaking on me)
    Bold 9700 (wanted 3G and speed again)
    iPhone 4 (loved the design and wanted to give iOS a go)
    Torch 9800 and an iPod Touch for music and apps (missed my BlackBerry)
    White iPhone 4 (didn't like the Torch)

Now I'm considering the return to BlackBerry for two reasons. One, because I'll always have a spot in my heart for BlackBerry and the 9900 is the BlackBerry I always wanted. Two, because I own an iPad and I find I barely use it as long as I have my iPhone. So, I kept thinking the iPad was a waste of money but maybe my iPhone needs the boot since the iPad is a better experience for apps than the iPhone. Plus the iPhone is starting to feel dated.

Decisions... decisions. I think I'll wait for Kevin's in depth review to see all the ups and downs of the new 9900 before I make my decision.
    08-14-11 11:41 AM
    I've owned the Nexus 1 & S and Incredible 1 & 2, but I always have thoughts of my Blackberry. I miss the ease & refinement of how the BB operating system handles phone calls, email, & messages. The quality of the BB keyboard in concert with the menu arrangement and shortcuts is beautiful. The 9930 is a culmination of BB hardware & software. I'm buying one on September 2nd.
    08-14-11 11:49 AM
    I never had a Blackberry before but this is changing as soon as I find an unlocked 9900 in the UK. I need a good phone, and this means good reception and call quality, a good physical QWERTY keyboard, phone-sounding ringtones, strong vibration, one full day battery life on intensive use and excellent email capabilities. I'm particularly interested in BES, especially now that the base version is free. Everything else is secondary or irrelevant.

I tried fancy full screen phones including the Nexus S and iPhone 4, they are wonderful app runners and net browsing devices but not good phones.
    08-14-11 11:51 AM
    I really really wanted to..but with the waiting of the release I got the Galaxy S 2 back in May, coming to this would be one heck of a downgrade now. However, I think I will need to play about with one first.
    08-14-11 11:58 AM
    After owning the original Droid, Droid X and now the thunderbolt I'm actually kind of bored with android. I really want to pick up a 9930 especially after falling in love with the original bold. But on the other hand, I don't want to switch back to a 3G device after experiencing Verizon's 4G.

I may have to wait for the first generation qnx devices to make the switch back.

08-14-11 12:24 PM
    Phones I've had:

Palm Pro, BB Tour, HTC Evo 4g, and now BB Bold 9930

Back in June of 2010 I was very excited when the Evo came out. I was in love with the Tour but decided I really liked this Evo thing. After a couple months with the Evo it began to disappoint... Very sluggish, would crash, and battery life was garbage. Sprint actually sent me 4 different Evo's throughout the year and 3 months I had it and every time while waiting for the next Evo to come in the mail, I would switch to the Tour which got me itching for BB again. Finally one day my brother's Curve crashed on him and he stole my "spare" Tour. Meanwhile, I was still not having any luck with the whole Android thing and the virtual keyboard was getting annoying, which is why I did not wait the one more month until October to get Sprint's iPhone.

After researching BB and the new Bold for a month before it came out, I finally went and got it on the day it came out. Loved everything about it. But it seemed to glitch... I called Sprint and told them but the stores in my area were all out (at least what they told me) of all the Bolds. So because of this glitch I decide I might want to backup my contacts and whatnot. The second I hook the phone up to my computer, I get a white screen of death. Phone would keep restarting and go to the white screen. It would tell me to reload the OS. Obviously, I was pissed at this point. I drive to a further, bigger Sprint store and explain the situation. They give me a new Bold, and I got to keep all of the old accessories . So besides for that little glitch, which for a second got me second guessing my BB comeback, I'm a happy camper.

The battery life is about 100 times better than the Evo's. I can use the phone all day (I'm texting, emailing, and calling all day for my business) and I can come home at the end of the night to plug it in with about 40% battery life left. The Evo I would need my 3 spare batteries and my car charger and yet that wasn't enough at times. The touch screen is great. BB really did their homework on this phone and I hope it saves them and brings more people like me back.
    09-07-11 04:26 PM
    From BlackBerry Storm, original Droid, Iphone 4 and to the Bold 9930.

I jumped to the droid wagon originally because I felt my phone was lacking and was crashing too much. In all honesty since this was now my second smartphone I really had no idea what I wanted in a phone. So seeing all the neat things the Droid could do I was totally suckered into it. In all honesty I liked the device as it was faster and more responsive than my Storm but, the e-mail on the android os at the time was very lacking for non-google accounts and I'd sometimes get e-mails way to late.

The Iphone 4 came out for verizon and once again I thought "Wow cool". I figured "THE BEST PHONE ON THE MARKET" would be worth looking into. This was the biggest mistake I made in a purchase of a smartphone. This phone ((and I loosely call it so)) has very little customization. Simple things such as using my music for text and e-mail tones was not possible without jailbreaking. Atleast with android I could buy a cheap app to enable such features. Notifications are horrible and primative at the same time. Getting a text message and the phones screen turning on is not only something I don't want my phone to do but, it wastes battery life. What's more is that if I was e-mailing someone on the Iphone and I got a text I had to go to that text. Jailbreaking the phone rid on most of these irritations. Phones calls were bad. If I held the phone in my right hand and covered the lower corner I'd get anyone on the other line saying "Are you still there?" or "You're breaking up". Not a great selling point for a phone. And I had the same issues with e-mail as I did with the droid. But, there is one good thing about the phone. It had the best mp3 player available on any phone.

Why the 9930? Well with the storm, droid, and Iphone they were touchscreen devices. Navigating using thoses touchscreens was awesome. No scrolling with a cursor or pushing a button multible times to go through messages. Very nice. But, texting and e-mailing was a bit of a pain. I've used full physical qwerty devices before these devices and I've always gotten blisteringly quick with them. I never matched that speed with a touchscreen and I always make mistakes with them. So in my eyes touchscreens are not for typing on small devices. So going back to a device with a full qwerty keyboard was on top of my list. Also, I wanted something that would make a phone call regardless of how I decided to hold my phone. And finally I'd get notifications and e-mails here and now. Need I say more? For my needs the 9930 fills in nicely. It's no where near as fancy as the other phones and it's media features are lacking but, my overall productivity is much improved with this device.
    09-07-11 04:46 PM
    I switched back for several reasons. I also lost a lot of features that android had and BB didn't. The ability to enlarge fonts is big for me and the navigation is much better than a android device. I also carry a galaxy tab with me so really I have both.

09-07-11 04:58 PM
    For me, it's the keyboard and ease of use on a BB. I have had the EVO 4G since launch day. I have really grown tired of the virtual keyboard. I am not an app wh0re also so the Android market doesn't mean much for me. I have my Ipad2 for games and whatnot.
    09-07-11 06:23 PM
    im always switching between my ipad 3G and iphone 4 vs my playbook and my torch 9800... before yesterday i just took my my sim and put it in the torch and i think ill use the torch until ios 5 and the iphone 5 comes out... then ill use my iphone 5 for a while and boom qnx phones will appear... 2.0 for the playbook will be out and than ill come back... diversity is the best way to truly stay in love with your favorite platforms.

09-07-11 07:59 PM
    I am like other users in this post as my first smartphone was the blackberry 8830 followed up by the storm then tour. I eventually left blackberry though and had the droid incredible and thunderbolt. After having numerous email problems and hating running out of battery everyday, 2 days ago I switched to a blackberry 9930 that I happen to be typing on right now! I couldn't be happier being back with blackberry with such a sleek looking device and actual great email again. And it doesn't hurt that I go 18 hours now in the day and I'm still at 30 percent battery instead of going dead in 12 to 15 hours with my old thunderbolt. In other words its good to be back again!

09-07-11 08:10 PM
    Diversity can also cost you an arm and a leg. Haha.

09-07-11 08:13 PM
    Duh, I've been waiting for the BlackBerry 9900 [like everyone else] forever...
    09-07-11 08:15 PM
    First smartphones i had were windows mobile, htc 8125 and 8925. Then got the g1 and that's when i started liking android. Next phone is my Incredible. Love it but i just decided that i wanted a regular reliable phone. Battery life is horrible and i missed having a keyboard. Can't go anywhere without carrying a spare. Getting my first blackberry tomorrow and hopefully all goes well. After reading so much about it i'm sure i won't be disappointed.
    09-07-11 08:53 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD