So, anyone already make the decision to jump carriers (read AT&T) in order to get one of the new Bolds?

AT&T still has that frustrating edge in being able to do voice/data at the same time, but man if they are not driving me crazy...
    08-24-11 02:48 PM
    I will not be. I have a family plan on AT&T with a nice bucket of rollover minutes and by the time my contract is up, AT&T will probably have the 9900 anyway.
    08-24-11 03:28 PM
    Left at&t and not looking back! I already had an account on vzw, so I decided to just Port my business line from at&t over and get the Bold! Let me just say, I don't miss at&t one bit! Not one dropped call, and I feel the 9930 is a good enough upgrade from the 9700 that warrented such a move. I'd recommend the switch 100%. At&t is just not showing the real Blackberry fans any love, and after them passing on the 9780, that just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 05:47 PM
    I did switch to Verizon, from T-Mobile. VZ is a superior network.
    08-24-11 06:51 PM
    I am moving from ATT to Sprint. Figure ATT or VZ LTE will be rolled out by the time the Sprint contract is up.

Until then, Sprint unlimited 4G MiFi at office and in my briefcase will give me all the high speed internet I need for my iPad work.

Plus, I can use the wifi signal on the BB so I can surf and talk at the same time.
    08-24-11 07:57 PM
    I did switch to Verizon, from T-Mobile. VZ is a superior network.
    Anything is better than T-Mobile.
    08-24-11 08:05 PM
    Sticking with T-Mo, they'll have it shortly.
    08-24-11 08:32 PM
    Possibly ditching my Thunderbolt & Verizon and moving to Sprint or T-Mo. Used to be a T-Mo customer and liked them, but cautious about the possibility of the AT&T acquisition being approved.
    08-24-11 09:05 PM
    Dropping tmobile going either Sprint or Verizon for the bold and torch for the wife.

08-24-11 09:12 PM
    So, anyone already make the decision to jump carriers (read AT&T) in order to get one of the new Bolds?

AT&T still has that frustrating edge in being able to do voice/data at the same time, but man if they are not driving me crazy...
    There was a time when if one wanted to always have the best and latest BlackBerry smartphones in the U.S., one had to be an AT&T subscriber. Not any more. Today I handled BlackBerry Bold 9930 at a Sprint store and decided that the new BlackBerry Bold is the smartphone that I am going to get. I have a BlackBerry Torch 9800 and am not upgrading to the 9810 even if it is available for only $49.99.

If AT&T does not provide information about the release of the BlackBerry Bold 9900 within two weeks, it is likely that I will switch carriers.
    08-24-11 09:59 PM
    There was a time when if one wanted to always have the best and latest BlackBerry smartphones in the U.S., one had to be an AT&T subscriber. Not any more. Today I handled BlackBerry Bold 9930 at a Sprint store and decided that the new BlackBerry Bold is the smartphone that I am going to get. I have a BlackBerry Torch 9800 and am not upgrading to the 9810 even if it is available for only $49.99.

If AT&T does not provide information about the release of the BlackBerry Bold 9900 within two weeks, it is likely that I will switch carriers.

At&t's release map was leaked today! 9900 nowhere in sight...lol, I hate them!

08-24-11 11:22 PM
    I'm on AT&T and I'm staying put. My upgrade isn't until January, but I'm buying the 9900 outright, and saving the upgrade for QNX phones next year. I have a 9900 winging its way down from Canadia and I can't wait to put it through its paces.
    08-24-11 11:43 PM
    I'm on AT&T and I'm staying put. My upgrade isn't until January, but I'm buying the 9900 outright, and saving the upgrade for QNX phones next year. I have a 9900 winging its way down from Canadia and I can't wait to put it through its paces.
    I like this idea, I think I will follow suit! I was debating whether to extend my contract or wait...!
    08-25-11 01:43 AM
    i left att for sprint... best move ever. after i brought home the 9930 and my gf played with it, she left att and went to sprint and got one aswell (that was less than 30mins after bringing the phone home)
    08-25-11 07:11 AM
    I left 3, but I had no signal when I moved house anyways, so it didn't bother me. I moved to Talk Mobile which bounces of Vodafone signal
    08-25-11 07:45 AM
    Dumping sorry a-- Sprint for Verizon. Sprint has HORRIFIC coverage in the Sarasota, Florida area. Will suffer with Sprint till Saturday.
    08-25-11 07:48 AM
    For me, a carrier's plans and network service are much more important factors than a phone. Until earlier this year, I was with ATT and bought out my contract due to the horrible service I was receiving (30% dropped calls and data outages on average). What's even more annoying is that according to their staff and coverage map, my city and surrounding area supposedly had good coverage, but again, I experienced very bad service.

Switched to Sprint's Virgin Mobile and I am very happy and satisfied. No dropped calls, dependable data service and flexible, low-priced plans.

My advice: First and foremost, look at the plan pricing and network service of a company and see how those fit your needs. Don't be seduced by the phone selection of a company. I made that mistake with ATT - I paid dearly for it, both in time and money. Don't repeat my mistake!

08-25-11 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD