Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trackpad most of the time

28 49.12%
  • Still reliant heavily on the trackpad

22 38.60%
  • Touchscreen all the way

7 12.28%
    After 5 days using the new BB, I hardly use my trackpad anymore. I only use it for copy paste generally now. Quick poll as i'm interested to hear your thoughts
    08-21-11 03:29 PM
    Lol, well...if god made my fingers small enough to hit stuff like the 'tabs' button on the bb browser, or teeny tiny links without zooming --- I've got to use the trackpad. But power to ya if you can! Maybe I can get botox in my fingertips shaped like a point?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 03:35 PM
    Coming from an all touch device (HTC Incredible), I still find myself using the trackpad 75% of the time. Easier reach for my thumbs maybe?
    08-21-11 03:39 PM
    I rarely use the touchscreen at this point.
    08-21-11 03:46 PM
    Lol, well...if god made my fingers small enough to hit stuff like the 'tabs' button on the bb browser, or teeny tiny links without zooming --- I've got to use the trackpad. But power to ya if you can! Maybe I can get botox in my fingertips shaped like a point?

You should enable browser shortcuts and press "W" to quickly switch to the tabs screen.

As for the trackpad, it's my primary method of navigating the phone.

08-21-11 03:47 PM
    I'm still using the trackpad for selecting small links on web pages but mostly have migrated to the touchscreen after using the 9800.
    08-21-11 03:53 PM
    I use the touchscreen to scroll quite a bit and to select icons off my home screen. Far as clicking links in the web browser I always use the trackpad. Screen isn't big enough to click links with unless I zoom in. Trackpad is way faster for that sort of stuff.

08-21-11 03:53 PM
    i am using the touchscreen a LOT more than i thought i would.
    08-21-11 04:00 PM
    I am usung trackapad always when screen is not responding (it happens - there is a thread about it) or if it's just easier to press is instead of moving finger througs some options at display.
    Mixture of trackpad and touch screen gives me what I need. All best from both worlds

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-21-11 04:06 PM
    i use the trackpad most of the the time, but on web browsing and some applicatiin switch find the touchscreen very helpful! so both!!!
    08-21-11 04:09 PM
    touchscreen mostly, only use trackpad when i need to be precise
    08-21-11 04:10 PM
    Still use mine but find myself holding the phone in my right hand and tapping icons with the left forefinger.
    08-21-11 04:16 PM
    You should enable browser shortcuts and press "W" to quickly switch to the tabs screen.

As for the trackpad, it's my primary method of navigating the phone.

Wow, never knew that. Thank you Masahiro

08-21-11 04:30 PM
    I can't live without my trackpad. It makes virtually every aspect of managing text such as positioning the cursor and selecting text, which is horribly cumbersome on any touch screen, intuitive and natural.

Without that trackpad, I'd have tossed my torch in the bin after the first day.
    08-21-11 04:55 PM
    using both at this time. when I have need for a long scroll trackpad is quicker.
    08-21-11 07:53 PM
    Use both depending on what I'm doing. Using the trackpad I keep a full view of the screen and the screen stays clean.
    08-21-11 08:53 PM
    Wow, never knew that. Thank you Masahiro

No problem. Keyboard shortcuts and the track pad are reasons why I think the browsing experience on a BlackBerry (especially on OS7) is the best, even if it might be a second or two slower at loading pages than the competition.

08-21-11 09:53 PM
    lol I keep forget that it is a touch screen :P
    08-21-11 10:08 PM
    touch screen baby! i used my friends curve for a minute and i was totally lost hitting the screen lol
    08-21-11 10:21 PM
    Barely at all unless there is a small onscreen control in the browser.

But one thing I highly prefer the trackpad for is selecting text. No contest there between TP vs. Touchscreen.

08-21-11 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD