BlackBerry extended support for BBOS to an undisclosed date. I switched to AT&T from T-Mobile only because AT&T is last remaining carrier in US to continue the BIS exchange.

Who else is making the backward switch? (BBOS/BIS support extended)-bbos.jpg

Provisioned just 2 days ago, can't be happier about my communications.

Only issue I have is BBWorld requires an update which fails when tried.
    08-10-19 10:08 AM
    BlackBerry extended support for BBOS to an undisclosed date. I switched to AT&T from T-Mobile only because AT&T is last remaining carrier in US to continue the BIS exchange.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbos.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	445718

Search threads here and on YouTube as I had same problem two years ago. There’s method I used on a 9860 running 7.1 that fixed it. Perhaps @Shuswap or @idssteve remembers the solution.
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    08-10-19 10:36 AM

Try this:

Browse to one of the following:

www.blackberry.com/appworld

http://appworld.blackberry.com

Select Download Now button

Select desired Language

Tap Next

When the app details are displayed, Select Download

Select Replace if prompted to replace the existing version of BlackBerry world

When prompted to reboot, (if convenient) select Reboot, otherwise select Later.
    08-10-19 10:51 AM
    Try this:

Browse to one of the following:

www.blackberry.com/appworld

appworld.blackberry.com

Select Download Now button

Select desired Language

Tap Next

When the app details are displayed, Select Download

Select Replace if prompted to replace the existing version of BlackBerry world

When prompted to reboot, (if convenient) select Reboot, otherwise select Later.
    Thank you both: Conites recommendation worked, although a mixed bag of bb10 and BBOS stuff.
    08-10-19 11:11 AM
    If you are serious about using your "new" Bold then I would suggest to wipe out the old OS and then to install the latest version indicated in CB forums in the sticky section. This will get you a version of BB App World (that's how the app itself is still called) that will work ok and at some point it will prompt to update itself to the latest version (on my Curve 9320 it is v4.3.0.32).

Having the latest OS installed might prevent some unexpected problems with other apps in the future.
    Last edited by Lex24; 08-10-19 at 11:24 PM.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    08-10-19 10:39 PM
    I loved BB10 but I cannot see going back. Last time I turned on my Q10 it felt like a toy.

I may sacrifice some things on my K1, but I also have a lot of things that are much simpler through apps that I could never have before.

Good luck to all of you going back!
    the_boon likes this.
    08-10-19 10:46 PM
    BlackBerry extended support for BBOS to an undisclosed date.
    Is there a reference article for this announcement? I'd be interested to read it
    08-11-19 03:18 AM
    Is there a reference article for this announcement? I'd be interested to read it
    The front page of CrackBerry recently.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    08-11-19 03:19 AM
    Scratch that request, just found the following on CB
    https://crackberry.com/blackberry-an...me-caveats?amp
    08-11-19 03:21 AM
    The front page of CrackBerry recently.
    You were too fast for me
    08-11-19 03:22 AM
    I love BBOS but many apps won't work. On BB10 you have more working native apps i think so.
    08-11-19 06:56 AM
    keep in mind BB world wont be there in a couple months either when EOL happens for bb10/bbos
    08-11-19 08:36 AM
    Just spoke to my carrier here in Canada (the still ridiculously named Freedom Mobile) and they still offer BIS for free. Just told them to reactivate it and I'm going to power up my Passport later today as a back up device.
    08-12-19 07:38 AM
    Just spoke to my carrier here in Canada (the still ridiculously named Freedom Mobile) and they still offer BIS for free. Just told them to reactivate it and I'm going to power up my Passport later today as a back up device.
    Passport doesn't use BIS.... It's only needed by BBOS powered devcies Bold, Curve, Torch, Storms..
    08-12-19 07:42 AM
    Passport doesn't use BIS.... It's only needed by BBOS powered devcies Bold, Curve, Torch, Storms..
    Oops, meant to write 9790. Been having sweet Passport flashbacks recently
    08-12-19 07:46 AM
    Oops, meant to write 9790. Been having sweet Passport flashbacks recently
    Gotcha....

I wonder if anyone charges the end user for BIS anymore?

Also wonder how many already have the BIS shutdown setup for the end of the year.... might not matter that BlackBerry is going to support things longer?
    08-12-19 07:57 AM
    Gotcha....

I wonder if anyone charges the end user for BIS anymore?

Also wonder how many already have the BIS shutdown setup for the end of the year.... might not matter that BlackBerry is going to support things longer?
    Freedom/WIND (as they used to be called), always gave BIS for free, it was one of the reasons I signed up with them in the first place 10 years ago
    08-12-19 02:05 PM
    Freedom/WIND (as they used to be called), always gave BIS for free, it was one of the reasons I signed up with them in the first place 10 years ago
    The fact that Freedom, one of the smallest carriers, still has their BIS up is amazing. Given they don't even bother updating anything for BB10 phones either BIS costs them nothing to run and manage or they some how have a lot of paying customers still using BIS (I doubt...)

Posted via CB10
    08-16-19 01:59 PM