I left HTC Evo and Droid X... I enjoy the BB9930 a lot more! If I need to play games or heavy web-surfing I simply turn on my Moto Xoom... HTC to big with case! Droid X was a great phone!
    08-25-11 08:15 PM
    I dumped the Samsung Galaxy S2 for the 9900 after a 14 day trial period.

I loved plenty of stuff on the S2 such as screen, internet, apps, camera, well that was pretty much it and I reckon Swype was good. But what a useful phone thanks to the excellent apps -Skype, Spotify.

For me the antennas were not good, battery was not good, email was not good.

I could not get data in places where the old BB would truck along fine. Battery, need I say more? Email - I need a pocket emailer, end of. S2 could not come even close to handling my five email accounts the way the BB does.

The 9900 is clawing it's way to the top of my 'coolest thing ever' list, I just need to fix my memory leaking app. Media handling and internet are simply kick *** and iPhone4 owners love the feel and look of it - oh yeah, the S2 used to fly out my hands on to the floor, the 9900 is more ergonomic.

I am hurting for Skype and Spotify, but BBM music could help here, and I should say music playback sound is wonderful.

As a direct comparison, the 9900 won in 7 rounds by knock out though the S2 fought with style. I am a heavy communications user and the BB has proven itself to me to be king, and the 9900 is without question the king of kings. I personally feel the 9900 is better all round than the S2.

My jury is still a little out on the PlayBook but when you pair it with the 9900 I think it is the best solution for on the fly media and communications there is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dodger_moore; 08-25-11 at 08:35 PM.
    08-25-11 08:31 PM
    I left my HTC Hero for numerous reasons, its a old phone now I had that since 2009 Christmas time. The battery life wasn't too bad but the memory was appalling. After customising it with launcher pro it pratically left me with no room to download many apps. Also its was continusly laggy with every text I wanted to send. I'd had to wait a good few minutes for the text that I've typed to pop up on screen. However I've haven't experienced any of the problems on my bold so far. I'm so thanlful that RIM has made an excellent phone touchscreen and qwerty leepboard

08-25-11 09:11 PM
    I did. I had a Droid 2 global or whatever the heck it is called. Like the other threads I have said this in my Storm 1 screen broke (I dropped it too much) and I used a the droid for 2 months. Worst 2 months of smartphone ownership in 5+ years. Email was horrible and never got it to work. 3 users in our company had this phone. 1 broke at less than a year so I bought him a 9930. His email never worked. The other user I think has his email working. In my 2 months I could only get inbound e-mail and not outbound.

And the horrizontal slide out keyboard is designed for one hand slide open if you hold the phone in your left hand. Makes not sense why most if not all Horizontal slide outs are done this way.

So happy I used the phone for 2 months. Now I have legitimate reasons to share with trolls and other Anti-Everything else Android users of why I do not like Android.

But different strokes for different folks.
    08-25-11 09:22 PM
    I left a Captivate behind simply because I found it cumbersome to use as a messaging device compared to BB. Gave it to my wife to pacify my kids in waiting rooms.
    08-26-11 01:06 AM
    I left my Droid Inc, the Droid Inc is still a great android phone and if it would have received the gingerbread update then I wouldn't have upgraded just yet. Eitherway I now have my 9930 and it is a fantastic phone.

08-26-11 02:23 AM
    I left nexus 1 for torch 1..very good phone but get long in the tooth now..currently use sgs2 but may get the new bold once its launched here in indonesia.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    08-26-11 02:26 AM
    im carrying both.. the 9900 and incredible S... if I had to lose one, would be the BB.
    08-26-11 07:05 AM
    BB 9650 > iPhone 4 > Droid x2 > BB 9930

This is the one
    08-26-11 07:12 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD