How many of us left Android for the new bold? Why?

I left for a few reasons one is font size on a Android device and the other is the security issues related with them. I also had terrible battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 08:30 PM
    I had an Motorola Atrix for a few weeks before selling my iPhone 4 and then went and picked up a 9900. Very happy with my decision. So i guess i cant be included since i couldnt last long with Android
    08-24-11 08:33 PM
    I left Android for the new 9900 (which turned up today) but have been using a 9800 to "keep me going"

Loving the keyboard, the ease of use and the fact everything you expect to work just works. No messing around. I also love the Bridge for use on the Playbook.
    08-24-11 08:34 PM
    I got rid of my htc evo so I could enjoy the bold 9930.
    08-24-11 08:45 PM
    How many of us left Android for the new bold? Why?

I left for a few reasons one is font size on a Android device and the other is the security issues related with them. I also had terrible battery life.

I think I read one of your posts in the Android section that you were very happy with your Incredible 2 and had no reason to change phones. I believe this was about 3 weeks ago.What made you change your mind and what do you think is better about the 9900 besides physical kb? just curious.

08-24-11 08:49 PM
    I got rid of my htc evo so I could enjoy the bold 9930.
    Wow that a big difference do you miss anything on the EVO?

I switched to bold 9930 from an EVO 4g with a Seidio 3500 mah battery. The EVO is a great phone and with the extended battery i could go 2 days without charging...The reason i am trying the new blackberry is the KEYBOARD. While I can type just as fast if not faster on a virtual keyboard..When typing a LONG email to go back and make corrections on a virtual keyboard is a real pain.

So far on the 9930...I LOVE the keyboard..it is fantastic....

However I have been quite disappointed with the battery life...and not having a native environment where Contacts, Email, Calendar and tasks "just work" is unacceptable in 2011.

One of the may great things about android is you just type in your gmail address and everything "just works"...your email, contacts, calendar and tasks are all just there any sync instantly. (google sync for blackberry has been a nightmare..duplication of contacts, etc)

Still up in the air if i am going to keep this phone.
    I switched to bold 9930 from an EVO 4g with a Seidio 3500 mah battery. The EVO is a great phone and with the extended battery i could go 2 days without charging...The reason i am trying the new blackberry is the KEYBOARD. While I can type just as fast if not faster on a virtual keyboard..When typing a LONG email to go back and make corrections on a virtual keyboard is a real pain.

So far on the 9930...I LOVE the keyboard..it is fantastic....

However I have been quite disappointed with the battery life...and not having a native environment where Contacts, Email, Calendar and tasks "just work" is unacceptable in 2011.

One of the may great things about android is you just type in your gmail address and everything "just works"...your email, contacts, calendar and tasks are all just there any sync instantly. (google sync for blackberry has been a nightmare..duplication of contacts, etc)

Still up in the air if i am going to keep this phone.
    I've really not had any of these problems. Just plugged in my email services and 'poof', perfectly done. I find the BB's email services to work better than Androids on average, sorry to hear you've had problems. But once it's set up it should be smooth sailing:P
    08-24-11 08:52 PM
    I got rid of a Samsung Moment to go back to a Style, then a Curve, and now the 9930, so I guess you could say I left for the 9930 eventually, as I knew OS7 would be coming out soonish back then.
    08-24-11 08:53 PM
    I think I read one of your posts in the Android section that you were very happy with your Incredible 2 and had no reason to change phones. I believe this was about 3 weeks ago.What made you change your mind and what do you think is better about the 9900 besides physical kb? just curious.

I like the ability to change the font size for one. The security on android is lously I would get emails and phone calls from places selling something that I never ask for. It turns out before you agree to certain apps read the fine print. The last draw was my battery life was great in the beginning then went to s*it!

08-24-11 08:56 PM
    Went from thunderbolt to 9930
    08-24-11 08:58 PM
    Very much considering a 9900/9930 from the Thunderbolt. Battery life on the Tbolt is crap and I miss my physical keyboard. I'm also on my fourth replacement and am about ready to kick Verizon to the curb.
    08-24-11 09:03 PM
    I dumped the droid x, tried the Bold for 5 days, and went right back to my X lol
    08-24-11 09:04 PM
    different strokes for different folks. I dont like keyboards and love my thunderbolt with LTE. Cant wait to see QNX phones though
    08-24-11 09:11 PM
    I will be going from a Droid Pro to a 9930 when my upgrade comes around next month. Though that a candy bar form with Android would be a match made in heaven, but it was anything but.
    Last edited by andres_LC; 08-24-11 at 09:21 PM.
    07thking likes this.
    08-24-11 09:15 PM
    different strokes for different folks. I dont like keyboards and love my thunderbolt with LTE. Cant wait to see QNX phones though
    What kind of battery life do you get from your thunderbolt ?

08-24-11 09:17 PM
    I ditched my EVO for the Bold 9930! I was a long time Blackberry user who decided to try Android 6 months ago. While I thought Android was fun at first, once awe of all of the games and apps wears off, It really didn't do much for me. I didn't play many games because I found it ridiculous to cary a battery charger around with me at all times. And don't get me started on Swype! I missed the physical keyboard and all the rest of the great communications software on BB.
    I've only had the Bold for a day, but I'm really loving it!
    08-24-11 09:20 PM
    Had a Thunderbolt that I loved but wanted the Bold more. The Berry for msg/communication/some fun, I have an ipod touch for my games. I miss it but I'm happy with my decision.
    08-24-11 09:29 PM
    What kind of battery life do you get from your thunderbolt ?

12-15 most days. heavier days 10, lighter days 18. The latest GB code seems to be much better on battery
    08-24-11 09:31 PM
    Up until 1.5 yrs ago i was an avid bb'er.. i was using a tour for some time, but was plagued with faulty track balls (7 total) i switched to a curve which was JUNK.. so my only option at the time was android.. i was talked into buying a samsung moment, which was ok.. then i switched to an evo the day it was launched... LOVE IT! after a year and a half, i needed to add a second line, so i opted to return to bb for my business line... now i sport both, the 9930, AND the EVO.... they both are good, BUT my evo does more, faster, easier.. maybe my BB skills will come back, but as of now, my evo gets the vote..(im keeping the 9930 though)
    08-24-11 10:55 PM
    I find it easier to type on the 9930 than a touch screen device. I like the android platform but I like the navigation of the blackberry better.

08-24-11 11:03 PM
    Very much considering a 9900/9930 from the Thunderbolt. Battery life on the Tbolt is crap and I miss my physical keyboard. I'm also on my fourth replacement and am about ready to kick Verizon to the curb.
    I switched to the 9930 for the keyboard and hoping for better battery life.
    Just got tried of poor call quality and the random reboots. I have been very happy with my choice to switch.
    Hope you figure out what is going to work best for you.

miller7796 likes this.
    08-24-11 11:18 PM
    I didn't "dump" Android per se... I still have my Evo 3D around, but since getting my 9930, I haven't missed anything about it save for ONE thing: the Gmail app. Otherwise, I'm (re)addicted to BB (used to sport a Curve 8330). Granted I miss my Wifi hotspot feature, but that paired with the $10 premium data fee waiver saves A LOT on my bill

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-24-11 11:23 PM
    The Blackberry Bold 9000 was my first Smartphone and i really loved this Device. But something convinced me to go to an iPhone 4 and this was a big mistake. This Phone was the worse. So i went back to Blackberry 9700. Really cool.

I live in Germany and still waiting for the 9900. But my contract couldn't wait longer. I decided to switch to the Samsung Galaxy S2, which is so far a really nice device. I think its the Best on the Market. But after a month real fun with Android and the Galaxy, its nothing special any more.

I really really miss the Keyboard. The Messaging experience, which btw is now the only thing i do with the Galaxy. So i hope, the price will drop quickly and the Galaxy S2 will sell good. Ebay looks good so far.

If someone is interesting in an trade, PM me

@ tapatalk
    08-25-11 01:22 AM
    I'm sticking with Android. I really like BB and the 9900 but knowing QNX is not that far away, I'd rather wait.

08-25-11 07:44 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD