i know they (obviously) don't make a white 9930, but can you buy the housing and do it yourself? i assume so, but my main question is, has anyone ever put a white housing on their 9930? if i were to do this, i would like detailed instructions, or maybe someone to even walk me through it.. i have a playbook and can video chat if need be..
    09-11-12 04:28 PM
    The first problem is this,

1. All the housing is aftermarket, that means they aren't original rim parts and they can be cheap/different.

2. The LCD/Digitizer, most housing you buy comes with a white digitizer which is so cheaply made its not even worth discusing. That means you would have to buy a white 9930 lcd+digitizer combo already attached with the heat gun preferably from a dismantled 9930.

3. So if you bought the housing package on amazon, it would come with the white battery door, white middle piece, white keyboard. This means you would have a black LCD and it would look stupid. Not to mention unless you got parts from another phone it would all be fake and you would probably not be happy.

My advice is, try to find a broken 9930/9900 in white, and buy it cheap so all the parts are original.

And its not hard to dissasemble there are lots of you tube videos.

Your bigest problem will be the digitizer/lcd because unless you buy it already heated on you will not be happy with the result. There will be particles under your screen, deformation and all sorts of issues.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-11-12 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD