where would be a really decent, not a knock off china made piece of c**p keyboard and housing kit for a Bold 9900 in White, suggestions on websites or sellers on Ebay that aren't cheap knock off's, i have researched it for awhile and kinda know the in's and out's of the conversion from black to white, i just want to know im not getting a in quotes fake OEM kit that feels like garbage and granted RIM makes everything really well but ofcourse when you see there's a white BOLD 9900 kit on ebay for $15 including the keyboard, bezel, back plate, lcd there's something wrong with that picture, anyway your suggestions and time to take to read this thread are much appreciated, i know there are threads like this out there i have already looked at them and have gathered that CNN.CN and Truesupplier.com are sources but i heard that truesupplier.com has poorly made keyboards, any thank you so much and i appreciate your consideration and input.
    06-02-12 04:13 PM
    Colorware http://www.colorware.com/p-285-bold-9900.aspx

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    turbonetics88 likes this.
    06-02-12 04:34 PM
    Thank you Lak611, i have to check it out, i appreciate the source
    06-02-12 05:07 PM
    You're welcome. Colorware is pricey but high quality. Crackberry has given away custom Colorware devices in past contests.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    06-02-12 05:20 PM
    That's pretty cool! i really want to get my hands on one, although i will have to order the LCD and Digitizer off Ebay so that the screen has white boarders aswell, i dont want to take a chance like some of the people on youtube that heat up there screens and move the LCD away from digitizer and are left cleaning up this mess of adhesive, and potenially damaging there screen.
    06-03-12 09:19 AM
    I went on that color wave site to look.
    WOW, their expensive. Lol.

But I played around with the colors &
    ended up loving the phone with a all
    black front, then the rest white.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-03-12 09:34 AM
    That would be pretty cool aswell, i assume they are gonna be abit pricey but thats typical, although if you ever look to sell your Bold 9900 in white people will jump on it so fast especially girls that are a fan of white, it would make the device more lucretive
    06-03-12 10:23 AM
    Does the colorware $800 fee include a phone?

It may be cheaper to just buy a white 9900 and sell your old phone. At Rogers, the 9900 are $499 regardless of the colour.
    06-03-12 02:15 PM
    No the colourware fee is the price of them changing the colour of your phone.
    06-03-12 02:56 PM
    SAY WHAAAAAT!!!
    06-03-12 03:00 PM
    I appreciate your patriotism, but since ColorWare is a brand name, it doesn't need the "u" added.
    Last edited by elite1; 06-03-12 at 03:17 PM.
    06-03-12 03:11 PM
    This is mine. I did it 8 months ago and got the parts from true supplier. Now the video you speak of was for a 9000 not the 9900. When changing the glass on the 9900/9930 there is NOT any glue on the lcd itself. Need help bbm me
    06-03-12 03:21 PM
    Does the colorware $800 fee include a phone?

It may be cheaper to just buy a white 9900 and sell your old phone. At Rogers, the 9900 are $499 regardless of the colour.
    No, the $800 (or however much it is) does include buying the device too. If you look on the main Products page, you'll see that ColorWare offers their own warranty on the aftermarket device since original manufacturer's warranty is likely voided.

They used to offer the service to send in your own device instead, but I don't see that option anymore.
    06-03-12 03:23 PM
    @ OP - you might be able to find a local repair shop that will do everything for you. There are a bunch here in Vancouver that will.
    06-03-12 03:28 PM
    This is mine. I did it 8 months ago and got the parts from true supplier. Now the video you speak of was for a 9000 not the 9900. When changing the glass on the 9900/9930 there is NOT any glue on the lcd itself. Need help bbm me
    That looks amazing! Is that just the full white case?
    And hoe does the keyboard reacts?
    Jake_fowler12 likes this.
    06-04-12 12:02 AM
    06-05-12 04:15 PM
    So i have a LCD + Digitizer for the Bold 9900 in white and also a full housing kit with everything except the LCD in white also in my cart on eBay and I'm waiting until payday to purchase them but I've been doing so much research to make sure i don't get poor quality product and made sure that both of the sellers had good feedback and also were U.S. sellers, i don't want to take a chance waiting 2 weeks for something that is of poor quality from China, so I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope that i get decent stuff, I'll end up initially paying $104 with free shipping so I'll keep you guys posted on the status and I'll find out if there are decent products, ones coming from CA, and the other from Mass.
    06-09-12 10:58 AM
    Has your battery door got glass on it like the black battery door?
    06-09-12 08:36 PM
    i cracked mine a while back. ordered the part not paying attention later finding out i needed the 002/111. bought that replaced the screen. live in western canada would find it easiest to ship locally.

was thinking about selling it on ebay but figured id see if anyone on crackberry needed it first. selling it on ebay would not be worth my time and effort but would do it if no one here needed it.

i would also need proof that you are not planning on just taking it and reselling it yourself.
    06-09-12 09:36 PM
    The White screen protector looks good and its cheaper and much easier to install.
    check mine out

06-09-12 11:22 PM
    i cracked mine a while back. ordered the part not paying attention later finding out i needed the 002/111. bought that replaced the screen. live in western canada would find it easiest to ship locally.

i would also need proof that you are not planning on just taking it and reselling it yourself.

It's okay i appreciate the offer, i am gonna have to look at the actual screen on mine and do a tear down to figure out what screen part number i need, i have a 9900 and i assume that it's gonna be the same part number as yours "002/111" but like i said i could be wrong and i dont have time or money to take a chance, anyway, i guess i will figure out what i need and then go from there, im just worried that i gonna end up getting a cra**y keyboard and ruin everything, i keep you guys posted on the status, although i probably wont see the parts for awhile because i wont be able to order them for another week or so and i can give you guys a head's up on the person or store i buy them from off ebay, their's also a good link on here at the top of this page for a kit off Amazon and it's only $49.99 but it doesnt look like it comes with a digitizer + lcd combo, it looks like it only comes with the screen part which i dont want to order something and not have everything else and have a half a**'ed build.
    06-10-12 09:35 AM
    complete package locally will cost you maybe $80, $60 from hong kong if you search. this is for the lcd/digitizer complete combo package which you want. if you try to seperate your digitizer from your touch screen with the heat gun you might crack your lcd..

im sure someone can do it though just not me
    06-10-12 06:36 PM
    Yeah im definitely not looking to break something that doesnt need to break, it would be nice to have both and be able to convert back from white to black whenever the mood strikes me right hehe, yeah i gonna order the LCD/Digitizer Combo off ebay and theres a place that supply's them that ships from California, which is conveint because i live in Nevada so it would proably only take a few days at max to get to me, although Truesupplier.com seems to have a pretty good deal on the full kit with everything but the screen, although has anyone heard wether they are decent quality and like them or maybe another recommendation as to what site would be preferable to get the housing kit, Thank you guys again for your time in reading my painfully long messages hehehe
    06-11-12 08:26 AM
    06-13-12 01:00 PM
    Why would you go through all the hassle to make it white? Buy a white 9900, and call it a day. I had made a 9700 I had before white and truth is part quality will never be better than factory. I ordered it from truesupplier and it came from hong kong like 2 weeks later. The keyboard paint started chipping off within a month. I'm assuming you live in vegas, I have yet to see a place that does colorswaps for anything other than an iphone.
    06-13-12 10:58 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD