So i got my 9900 last week made in Hungary 2 batter made in korea/china but i keep on getting bad battery life no matter what the OS is.
    I used .540 and if i use it for browsing,tweeting and little bbm usage i get only 4 hours no phone call or music whatsoever and now with leaked .503 i get 4hours also although i notice on idle usage .503 lasts more than .540

So please people post where your battery is made Korea/China or Japan/Indonesia with your OS so i can know which lasts better
    I have to return the phone tomorrow because of the trackpad not good to use it is 'deep' inside am thinking of getting a japan/Indonesia battery since this korea/china is disappointing me i easily get 14 hours with my 9780 and now this phone cant last me until the end of my lectures at college by 4

Edit : And my screen display is set at 10% and i turned off location, the only auto refresh app i have is UberSocial which is set at 20 mins

Please help me people
    Last edited by xterra2; 12-09-11 at 09:33 AM.
    12-09-11 09:22 AM
    What I learned from reading what others posted here, it is other way around. China batteries are BETTER than Hungary batteries and made in Japan batteries are the best.

I don't want to take out the battery to check where it was made right now, but I will post an update this evening.
    12-09-11 09:26 AM
    ^^ Yes i got the korea/china battery because people said it is good and now it annoys me just around 4 hours if i approximate for browsing and tweeting

Okay please do post an update in the evening with the OS and how good is the battery
    12-09-11 09:32 AM
    Mine was made in Japan, running 7.0.0.585, moderate usage and lasts a good 24-26 hours, but I charge it everyday and battery usage getting better.

Greg
    12-09-11 09:38 AM
    For the sake of this post I took the battery out.
    Mine is Korea/China but I think they wrote it wrong :P I get amazon battery life. With moderate to heavy usage I get about 20 hours at least. Device is Hungary 3, under the battery door
    Running official Turkcell .540
    12-09-11 09:47 AM
    Mine is made in Japan. BAT: 30615 006. I'm currently running OS 7.0.0.585, but I've tried several other OS versions. On all of them, I'm getting about 11 hours with very light use, idling most of the time. I get less time if I actually use the phone.

This is with GPS off, network on 2G, no apps updating in the background except BeWeather refreshing once an hour. Backlight at 10, with 30 sec. timeout.
    12-09-11 09:55 AM
    Battery cell made in Korea, processed in China.

Quick question, does Crackberry sell Japanese batteries? Where can I get one for a reasonable price?
    12-09-11 10:05 AM
    More people please?
    i want to return the phone and the battery tomorrow
    12-09-11 01:04 PM
    I have a Korea/China battery in my 9900, and a Japan/Indonesia one in my 9790.

No difference between the two. Haven't tried swapping them over because both give me 24hrs+ personal usage on each device.
    12-09-11 01:12 PM
    I have a Korea/China battery in my 9900, and a Japan/Indonesia one in my 9790.

No difference between the two. Haven't tried swapping them over because both give me 24hrs+ personal usage on each device.
    It's mind-boggling how different battery performance is from one person to another with the 9900.
    puffski likes this.
    12-09-11 01:38 PM
    It's mind-boggling how different battery performance is from one person to another with the 9900.
    True. It's all down to network coverage, apps installed, personal settings and usage habits.

Simple fact... you cannot compare battery life with others.
    12-09-11 01:42 PM
    True. It's all down to network coverage, apps installed, personal settings and usage habits.

Simple fact... you cannot compare battery life with others.
    I'm not so sure. Even with radios off, no 3rd party apps running, and the phone idle, we're seeing huge differences in battery performance.
    12-09-11 01:47 PM
    As others I have taken my battery out for the purposes of this thread.
    Made in Korea
    Processed in China

I was initially concerned with battery life but it seems my cause was mostly a bad app. It doesn't concern me enough any more to conduct further tests for the time being.

Screen is 10% I do allow location services Bluetooth is mostly on as is wifi.

I am yet to conduct a test of life running the wifi hotspot. I expect this will cause rapid depletion.
    12-09-11 01:54 PM
    I have two, Japan and Korea. I bought the phone used and don't know which was the battery it came with new. It is a Rogers phone and made in Mexico and looks like it was put into service August 10, 2011 (date stamp on box). The Korean battery is in it and has been the battery I have been using since I got the phone. I would be considered a light user and with the latest 585 I get a 17 hour day and still have 60% battery left. With some of the other OS builds I was probably in the 45% left range after a full day.

I think some of the battery problems are just bad apps. I had battery problems with my 9810 when I first got it. I had done a device switch from my 9800 and I think that may not be the best way to upgrade phones. After loading a new OS on it and only installing my Apps through AppWorld, the battery life on the 9810 was quite respectable. When I got the 9900, I did not do a device switch, but downloaded my Apps from Appworld and synced to my PC to get my other data on it.
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-09-11 at 02:03 PM.
    12-09-11 01:55 PM
    Japan/Indonesia here, OS 7.1, 24 or more hours. Moderate usage, 20-30 calls (when it snows, many more), 20 BBM, loads of texts (not a lot of BB usage outside my family). My phone rocks.

Ubizmo is right, some phones are great, some seem to have some problems. I wish every phone was like mine, I guess I got one of the good ones. Good luck to all.
    Last edited by AugustArborists; 12-09-11 at 02:02 PM.
    12-09-11 02:00 PM
    I would return the phone because of the bad trackpad like I mentioned earlier and then get a japan/indonesia battery and hope for the best
    12-09-11 02:35 PM
    Japan/Mexico here
    12-09-11 02:43 PM
    Thanks for the very FEW responses
    12-10-11 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD