Awesome news! I can't afford a no contract price, but I will fango something, lol! Can't wait!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 10:07 AM
    I dont want to wait until June, but I do get the ability to get half off since my FAN gives me that. OR does that not apply to iphone 4 and other brand new phones?
    01-30-11 09:44 PM
    Any chance you can tell us how much sooner CX?
    I can't. Plus honestly, there are too many other factors that are "up in the air" put a firm date on it. Obviously there is a target date, as always.
    01-30-11 10:35 PM
    Well, I hope both of you are right! Come **** or high water, I am getting this phone. It could be released in purple with pink polka dots, be on a different network, and have ****ty specs and it would still be my next device. I have been waiting for BB to make this style phone for, well, for ever. Since my good 'ol Palm days. This form factor rocks and on a platform as stable as blackberry, I just can't wait.
    My thoughts exactly! As tempting as the Motorola Atrix is with its impressive specs, with a trackpad, keyboard, and a touchscreen all exposed *and* BB OS6, the Dakota will be the ultimate smartphone for those of us who demand high productivity and solid fundamentals, but also use the multimedia features.
    01-31-11 10:23 AM
    I can't. Plus honestly, there are too many other factors that are "up in the air" put a firm date on it. Obviously there is a target date, as always.
    CX...this is slightly off topic, but when do you think we are going to start seeing LTE devices from RIM?
    01-31-11 04:44 PM
    All I really need is this device with a nice functional battery door (pleather or rubber plastic...either works for me) and also BB Playbook....then I will be set!
    02-17-11 03:16 PM
    CX...this is slightly off topic, but when do you think we are going to start seeing LTE devices from RIM?

I think depending upon how well LTE is received I wouldn't expect to see them any sooner than 2013.

Remember, 3G was around for a while (Im talking GSM here) but Rim didn't put the bold out until like 2008. Even then, it didn't perfect its radio stack until the 9700 came out in 2009.

So with Rim being the top in battery life efficiency, and wanting to keep certain form factors, (4G radio being too large at this time) I don't see them releasing 4G phones in 2012, since they will release a handful of phones in 2011. It would make no sense for them to ditch their best 3G phones, and jump right into the 4G realm
    02-17-11 06:47 PM
    Given that they have now confirmed other 4g versions of the playbook including LTE, it seems quite logical that the first qnx-based blackberries will also offer that feature too meaning that it is likely to be fairly early in 2012 rather than 2013.
    02-18-11 01:31 AM
    All I really need is this device with a nice functional battery door (pleather or rubber plastic...either works for me) and also BB Playbook....then I will be set!
    Pleather lol
    02-18-11 02:22 PM
    ummmm......for 1999 maybe.....this was the funniest statement i have seen. We all want this phone to be the bomb but unless its qnx based, you have another crappy browser.....the fact that 99% of the smartphone users want a great browsing experience and RIM keeps failing to deliver, does not bode well for them in 2011.....this phone has epic fail written all over it with OS6 of ANY kind
    I love OS 6 on my 9700, the browser flies and renders pages perfectly. I have read 6.1 will be much better than 6 and much faster with the 1.2 ghz processors driving it. For me it's a total. That is why I intend to buy it to pair with my playbook.
    02-18-11 03:34 PM
    ummmm......for 1999 maybe.....this was the funniest statement i have seen. We all want this phone to be the bomb but unless its qnx based, you have another crappy browser.....the fact that 99% of the smartphone users want a great browsing experience and RIM keeps failing to deliver, does not bode well for them in 2011.....this phone has epic fail written all over it with OS6 of ANY kind
    You're actually quite wrong.

What was holding back the browser in OS6 was not the browser, it was the hardware (624mhz). It's the same webkit browser found in all the other phones. It's the same browser that'll likely be in a QNX phone!

Put the same browser in a 1.2ghz snapdragon with 768 ram and a VGA screen along with the enhancements (open GL, gpu assisted UI) in OS6.1, and you have a pretty good browser. Or you can continue spewing inaccuracies and nonsense.
    Les74 likes this.
    02-18-11 03:55 PM
    What a beautiful sight!!!!!

CB Homepage: Live Photos of the BlackBerry Bold Touch (montana) Emerge!

THE TRACKPAD LIGHTS UP!!!!!!!

THE KEYBOARD IS HUGE!!!

I want one so hard!!!!!
    Last edited by jonnyboy46; 02-19-11 at 08:22 PM.
    02-19-11 08:18 PM
    actually, im right on the money...unless this has droid type speed, its an epic fail, no matter how great the messaging on this device will be. Im hoping for the best but OS6 blew and i really hope they dont add it to their "Superphones".....

This phone uses a faster clocked processor than the thunderbolt. More RAM than the Optimus 3D. So there's your droid type speed. stop saying "epic fail" you sound like a huge ******* internet nerd okay?
    02-26-11 07:44 PM
238 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD