Weren't we supposed to hear something about this device by now? I am so sick and tired of all the Bull sh*%!!!!!!!
    01-08-11 04:13 PM
    Weren't we supposed to hear something about this device by now? I am so sick and tired of all the Bull sh*%!!!!!!!
    I hope RIM has a big announcement soon <fingers crossed>.

The more I play with Android (can't even copy/paste or sync with Outlook over the desktop!), the more I like BB OS6, so I'm looking for an excuse *not* to buy the Moto Atrix.

I just want to throw my Torch and my Bold in a press and spit out a Dakota/Magnum/Bold Touch!
    01-08-11 04:39 PM
    Its on BGR's website currently
    01-13-11 11:39 AM
    FINALLY!!!!

BGR Link

It looks like it might even have the Bold 9000 form factor....we can only hope RIM heard our pleas on this one....
    01-13-11 12:08 PM
    I still think that the screen is small for being touch.
    01-13-11 12:10 PM
    I still think that the screen is small for being touch.
    I think it is the perfect compromise, providing enough area for basic touch screen operations, yet not making the device too big, heavy, and battery-hungry.

Remember, it has the trackpad and keyboard also, so you won't be forced to use the touchscreen for everything.
    01-13-11 12:27 PM
    I am so excited about this!

Resigned to Android, I picked up a Captivate on eBay, and even after upgrading to Froyo, I am still disappointed in how lame Android is for business productivity (especially desktop Outlook sync).

I am tempted by the Motorola Atrix, but if the BlackBerry Dakota is real, then it will be my next smartphone.
    01-13-11 12:34 PM
    YEAH C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow, my dream device is finally gonna be produced. I hope this isn't some big hoax or photoshop scam.

When is it coming out
    When is it coming out
    When is it coming out
    When is it coming out
    When is it coming out
    When is it coming out
    When is it coming out
    When is it coming out
    When is it coming out
    When is it coming out
    01-13-11 01:24 PM
    Is it too early to go stand in line?
    01-13-11 01:25 PM
    I think it is the perfect compromise, providing enough area for basic touch screen operations, yet not making the device too big, heavy, and battery-hungry.
    Besides, they will also be offering a torch or a storm to people who prefer a larger touch screen.

Remember, it has the trackpad and keyboard also, so you won't be forced to use the touchscreen for everything.
    I think that including the trackpad is a very smart move that they ignored on earlier designs, it just gives you a more comfortable option rather than forcing you to always use the touchscreen or simply allows you to do something without obscuring the screen.
    01-13-11 02:09 PM

You could be right Bob....guess I'll just have to wait to see it in person.
    01-13-11 02:26 PM
    That was one of my main concerns. That they were going to do away with the track pad and have touch only. I want a touch/keyboard device so bad I can almost taste it but I wasn't sure if I could live with out the track pad. I am very relieved it looks to have both. I think, especially on a screen this small, touch screen only would be a bit hard to live with.
    01-13-11 02:37 PM
    More pictures posted by BGR of Dakota and other 2011 devices from different angles

BGR: RIM’s 2011 BlackBerry lineup

...This means we're getting closer, guys!!!

I'm really hope RIM realizes this is definitely the phone people want to see!
    Last edited by jonnyboy46; 01-19-11 at 02:16 PM.
    01-14-11 01:11 PM
    I'm glad to see someone at RIM listens to the cries out here,
    only tragedy is, by the time a cdma version is available for verizon, LTE will probably be rolled out :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 05:24 PM
    That was one of my main concerns. That they were going to do away with the track pad and have touch only. I want a touch/keyboard device so bad I can almost taste it but I wasn't sure if I could live with out the track pad. I am very relieved it looks to have both. I think, especially on a screen this small, touch screen only would be a bit hard to live with.
    I *still* miss the touch screen and keyboard combination on my Treo. The Dakota will be much better ... dream come true!
    01-18-11 12:05 PM
    Hot off of N4BB.com's twitter feed @11:38pm:

True fact #1: Montana aka Dakota has a metal frame, not plastic
    12 minutes ago via �berTwitter
    ------------------------
    Sounds good to me!!!
    01-20-11 11:12 PM
    New info on 2011 Devices (includeing the Dakota/Monaco) at the CB homepage (includes slides!):

Exclusive: CDMA BlackBerry Roadmap 2011 - Montana, Monaco, Sedona, Malibu, BlackBerry 6.1 Evolution and more!

Woot Woot!!
    Last edited by jonnyboy46; 01-27-11 at 05:52 PM.
    howl078 likes this.
    01-27-11 05:50 PM
    01-27-11 06:18 PM
    AUGUST!?!?!?!? Damn, I am in line a little too early! Can't freakin wait tho!
    01-27-11 06:34 PM
    While that slide only mentions GSM compatibility (interestingly), the article it was attached to is about a CDMA roadmap. The way I interpreted it is that the GSM version will be out before the CDMA version.
    01-27-11 07:18 PM
    That is for CDMA. The GSM version will be out sooner. )
    grover5 and anon3396357 like this.
    01-27-11 08:41 PM
    Well, I hope both of you are right! Come **** or high water, I am getting this phone. It could be released in purple with pink polka dots, be on a different network, and have ****ty specs and it would still be my next device. I have been waiting for BB to make this style phone for, well, for ever. Since my good 'ol Palm days. This form factor rocks and on a platform as stable as blackberry, I just can't wait.
    01-27-11 08:46 PM
    Any chance you can tell us how much sooner CX?
    01-27-11 08:51 PM
    CX said the phone will debut at Blackberry Congress in May so I'd guess June

01-27-11 09:38 PM
    CX said the phone will debut at Blackberry Congress in May so I'd guess June

meh too early I'm eligible for upgrade in December this year.
    01-27-11 11:02 PM
238 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD