Hello,
    I'm planning to buy a 9900 and I have a few questions.
    I can have some one buy it from New York in the beginning of September or I can buy it from Canada at around mid October.

I want an unbranded one (no carrier logo whatsoever on it it) and I need it to work in Lebanon.
    What specific terms, to avoid any mistakes, should I tell my friend to use with the salesman?

• Unbranded = no carrier logo and unlocked (correct?)
    • I need one that accepts a SIM Card so it's the 9900 and not the 9930
    • I've been reading that there are US versions that don't support 3G on all carriers (in the US). Do I need to worry about buying the correct one to work with the 3G in my country ? In that case what should I specifically ask for ?

Does any one recommend any specific shop to buy it from ? (New York or Canada) and what does it currently cost? How much is it expected to cost in mid October ?

Thank you
    08-16-11 04:03 PM
    Yes, please do. (please also include a price estimate)
    Is there a delay in the release of unbranded phones ? I've googled quite a bit and never seemed to find a store selling unbranded phones, they all make you choose between carriers. Can't I go to a retail store and I ask for an unbranded phone ?
    08-16-11 04:41 PM
    Yes, please do. (please also include a price estimate)
    Is there a delay in the release of unbranded phones ? I've googled quite a bit and never seemed to find a store selling unbranded phones, they all make you choose between carriers. Can't I go to a retail store and I ask for an unbranded phone ?
    You may find unbranded in the US, but they'll be very expensive especially that the product has just been released.
    08-16-11 04:52 PM
    Amazon, soon.
    08-16-11 05:11 PM
    Buying online is not an option, I'm going to ask some one to buy it when they're in Canada. Is it cheaper to buy it in the duty free in the airport ? (Tax free shopping) Would they have an unbranded one ?
    08-17-11 12:20 PM
    Amazon, soon.
    Just checked and they are on Amazon now. $800+
    08-17-11 01:12 PM
    I bought mine from a store in Manhattan(I've actually bought quite a few other devices from them) it is an unlocked and unbranded 9900. Works globally on 3G/H+.

Basically for the 3G to work in Lebanon(Out of the US carriers: Tmobile and AT&T, you will need an ATT branded one) you either have to wait till November for ATT. Or, you can do what I did and just buy one that's unbranded.

A number of Crackberry users asked me where I bought mine from, and I PM'ed them the address and number. If you need the same let me know.
    Hi there,can you send me the address of the store where you bought your unbranded 9900. What price did you get yours?
    Also,are there other stores where I can unbranded and unlock blackberry phones in bulk( I.e.20 units and above?

Many thxs
    09-21-11 03:39 PM
    The 9900s Bell sells are not branded (no logo on the phone and no splash screen). They are not unlocked, but you can do that for free using freemyblackberry.com

Uses the same bands as AT&T, so if those are what you need, it should work.
    09-21-11 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD