I'm still having trouble understanding exactly how the NFC tag thing works. I know that NFC is built into my 9930. But other than a place to turn it on in Settings, I haven't found any app or other indication as to how to get it to work. Does it just work automatically when you tap two phone together, sending pictures, links, etc., to the other phone? Kind of like beaming from the Palm devices? And how can NFC be used to operate electronic equipment around the home? Does the equipment have to have NFC also or are tags all you need?
    10-12-12 02:41 PM
    I'm still having trouble understanding exactly how the NFC tag thing works. I know that NFC is built into my 9930. But other than a place to turn it on in Settings, I haven't found any app or other indication as to how to get it to work. Does it just work automatically when you tap two phone together, sending pictures, links, etc., to the other phone? Kind of like beaming from the Palm devices? And how can NFC be used to operate electronic equipment around the home? Does the equipment have to have NFC also or are tags all you need?
    Please note that it is a difference between NFC tags and BlackBerry Tags.

NFC tags are those small, paper thin, battery-less antennas (+ a little chip) that are powered by a NFC device (like BB) in NFC Read/Write Mode.

BlackBerry Tag is the BlackBerry name for NFC Peer-2-Peer mode. This mode is used for communication between 2 active devices.
    If you select a content item (pictures, movies, app in App World, etc) on one BB and hit BB/Menu key and select Send and then TAG (if exists in the menu) then tapping that device (back-to-back) to another NFC enabled BB will cause the item to be sent over to the other device (assuming both BBs have BB OS 7.1+ and both have NFC enabled in Manage Connections and both have the backlight on).
    gtiffany likes this.
    10-12-12 08:37 PM
    I wish I could sent pictures back and forth from my BB and my GS3, I can get contact info and web links to work but not pictures
    10-13-12 02:07 PM
    CIBC is the glitch here. its not gonna go big til they get the Visa and MC to work with rogers. offereing only 1 bank and even then their credit card is BS
    MC has agreed to work with BB here in the states. It's BB now dragging their feet (possibly because of carrier restrictions and complications).
    10-16-12 03:58 PM
    MC has agreed to work with BB here in the states. It's BB now dragging their feet (possibly because of carrier restrictions and complications).
    its not RIM, its the carriers fault.
    10-16-12 10:48 PM
    I use nfc tags and nfc mobile payments almost everyday on my galaxy note.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    10-17-12 03:21 AM
    I have a BB 9810, don't know much about this NFC thing, I would just love to see a app for blackberry, where you could take credit cards over your phone. Like the box or gopayment, I love my BB, and cant wait till the BB10 comes out, but if BB us a true business phone. Why cant we accept credit cards?
    10-17-12 06:47 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD