Hi all

anyone know the mobile hotspot feature be available on the blackberry 9900?
    10-16-11 12:54 AM
    Yes it will be available for the 9900/9930. It will come online with the release of OS 7.1 in November.
    10-16-11 01:16 AM
    Not all carriers will push service books for this feature. NFC and hotspot is service books dependent and like EvilmasterMMA, it will be in OS 7.1. However, even if you load a leaked OS 7.1, you may not be able to run them if Rogers block the service books.

Bell and Telus both said that they will allow hotspot for no additional charge (free) ,when it becomes available. Telus Canada already push the service books for both NFC and wifi hotspot. We can't see the hotspot on our phone because the OS is not updated yet.

I think Rogers will most likely follow what Bell and Telus is doing because if not, a lot of customers will be unhappy.
    10-16-11 01:43 AM
    Not all carriers will push service books for this feature. NFC and hotspot is service books dependent and like EvilmasterMMA, it will be in OS 7.1. However, even if you load a leaked OS 7.1, you may not be able to run them if Rogers block the service books.

Bell and Telus both said that they will allow hotspot for no additional charge (free) ,when it becomes available. Telus Canada already push the service books for both NFC and wifi hotspot. We can't see the hotspot on our phone because the OS is not updated yet.

I think Rogers will most likely follow what Bell and Telus is doing because if not, a lot of customers will be unhappy.
    I am with mobilicity, any idea if mobilicity will allow mobile hot spot?
    10-16-11 02:06 AM
    I don't think nfc is a service book capability. The verizon stock os didn't have nfc but loading the leak as well as .362 enabled nfc. Hotspot may be the same way but you might not be able to use it without a tether plan through your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 04:02 AM
    Cant wait for hotspot either.
    10-16-11 11:05 AM
    Is Mobile Hotspot supposed to be enabled for the VZW 9930 soon? I like that feature in my Android but will be switching to BB soon.
    11-18-11 02:56 AM
    Is Mobile Hotspot supposed to be enabled for the VZW 9930 soon? I like that feature in my Android but will be switching to BB soon.
    Hey Chrisy, that's the big question…
    I saw Bla1ze answering somebody that it's been given to Rogers for testing because they have a relatively short turnaround time for testing, with the goal being to enable it within the next few weeks via an OS update.

PS You're switching back to BB?!?
    Last edited by elite1; 11-18-11 at 04:33 AM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-18-11 04:01 AM
    For now. Getting a 9650. I'll wait and see how long it takes 9930 to get MHS and for the bugs to be worked out. I'll have an upgrade to use for either that or a Samsung Android.
    11-18-11 04:07 AM
    Any news on this for att? I am using a rogers unlocked 9900 on att, so I am assuming I will have to follow att for the hotspot..

I am wondering because I have an android phone so potentially I would like to connect it to my blackberry for Google Maps Navigation..
    11-20-11 12:47 PM
    Is there any way to get and load the verizon service book for mobile hotspot and enable it for use on a 9930 now that 7.1 is available for download from sprint without having to subscribe to the $20 extra plan on verizon? When I loaded 7.1 on my 9930 and turned on the mobile hotspot it tells me activation is required... I think it's a load of bull that I can't use the unlimited data plan that I already pay for...
    12-17-11 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD