I am planning to buy an imported Unlocked Refurbished BB Bold 9900 off ebay and the desription says " BBM/BIS/BES will not work as item is imported. " . The seller says this functions will only work in Hong Kong and in order to get them work in other countries, these services needs to be unlocked.

I am confused and wondering whether this information is correct? Any help would be highly appreciated ..

Thanks in Advance
    03-10-15 02:56 PM
    The device might have to be unlocked. But make sure the bands on the phone will work with your mobile provider.

BBM 2BFAFDA0
    03-10-15 08:02 PM
    It has everything to do with the fact that even though it says "Unlocked", it isn't actually unlocked. Otherwise it'd just be a matter of having your carrier activate BIS on your line. I'd also verify the bands, too, to make sure it'll work with whatever service you have.
    03-10-15 10:29 PM
    I use an imported Bold ans BIS works fine

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-11-15 02:02 AM
    Thanks O_T16 and John .. Much appreciated ..
    03-11-15 02:15 AM
    you know. I saw this written on an ebay auction for a Russian P'9981 (what a beauty)

But my "imported" canadian Bold 9900 works with BIS just fine here in the USA.

I wonder if you can flash these with a new OS and if that will fix that.

I know in the past you couldn't EXPORT devices with higher than 512bit encryption so maybe these just didn't have the same encryption keys that kept the NSA out of our blackberries for so long (a lot longer than any other phone)

(Remember that India and Saudi arabia had to FORCE blackberry to give them access to their citizens encrypted emails. Imagine a government not being able to just HACK into your email and having to forcefully get in it by ASKING for a key)
    03-13-15 03:13 PM